Um WHAT IN THE ACTUAL EFF

Options
I am 5'8" fairly athletic and weigh 157 lbs, well within normal BMI range.

Ummm so ten minutes ago I'm walking out of my apartment in non-spandex running shorts and a loose tank top and a woman walking by me into the building says to me "ugh I am so sick of seeing fat people in little shorts you look disgusting" then walks in. What the ****?!

She was probably in her thirties, slim and fit but certainly nothing special to look at. I was so stunned I didn't say a word. I am in shock right now. I want to cry!

Replies

• lraymond14
    lraymond14 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I probably would have attacked her. Clearly she has issues.
  • fatfrost
    fatfrost Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it. Some people are so miserable that it can't help but leak out of them. Or, to put it another way, haters gonna hate.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    You should fight her
  • Saaaam42
    Saaaam42 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Omg hate mode engaged. I would have gone kung fu panda on her.
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    You know what. Forget it. Or let it be your motivation.

some people just make themselves feel better by bringing other people down.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Don't let her get you down.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Her ignorance is so obvious I couldn't possibly even take her seriously enough to give her another thought.

However, next time you see her it would be appropriate to say "I may look fat in running shorts but I can go on a diet, and you'll still be a mean nasty person."
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    From looking at your picture I think she was being sarcastic. She was jealous, you look fantastic actually.
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh! She seriously has a problem. Don't let it get to you, it's her problem not yours!
  • Kagard11
    Kagard11 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and 230 pounds, she'd love me!!! Eff her!!!!!!!
  • IIISpartacusIII
    IIISpartacusIII Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Unless you're looking for validation, why would you even care what inconsequential people say to you, or about you? Stay the course and take the extra attention as a compliment. Apparently, someone else was feeling insecure that day; don't give her any company.
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Don''t cry. You have two ways of looking at it. Either she's a gdb, and it doesn't matter, or she's a complete stranger, and it doesn't matter. Stiff upper lip and all that.
  • Showmm
    Showmm Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Laugh in her face next time. That will probably annoy her more than any rude response (which would have been my first instinct). Her reaction, her RUDENESS, her obvious inability to see properly that you are in fine form - all so ridiculous it's laughable.
  • lobo_a_gogo
    lobo_a_gogo Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I don't care if you were 4'8" and weight 300 pounds, anyone who would say something like that to someone is deranged and hateful.
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Clearly, you look great. But, I would be upset myself. What an insecure B****
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    When I run into foul people like that, I just assume they must be horribly unhappy people to be so miserable to others. And I add another tick to my "I win at life" column.
  • jaded_rose
    jaded_rose Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to her (easier said then done I know) but I do know you are taller then me and weigh 7-9 pounds more then I do right now. If I heard someone say that I don't know what I would do but yelling back at her comes to mind.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8" fairly athletic and weigh 157 lbs, well within normal BMI range.

Ummm so ten minutes ago I'm walking out of my apartment in non-spandex running shorts and a loose tank top and a woman walking by me into the building says to me "ugh I am so sick of seeing fat people in little shorts you look disgusting" then walks in. What the ****?!

She was probably in her thirties, slim and fit but certainly nothing special to look at. I was so stunned I didn't say a word. I am in shock right now. I want to cry!
    I just came in here to say I love your shorts haha.

Also, even when I was larger I loved spandex, I like things hugging me, including my clothes, nobody could deter me from that despite several remarks. I am a corset kind of girl. So I woulda just wagged my skinny fat flab at her and moved along.

And honestly...who would you rather be...that girl with that attitude or you? Never mind the fact that people have different visions of what 'fat' is...I know people who consider me fat.
  • traceytwink
    traceytwink Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    She just jealous that you have a life and she doesn't ????
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    That lady's an *kitten*