Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

High Fiber / Low Carb Foods?

I need to maintain a high fiber diet for medical reasons (40+ grams per day). I find that the most common high fiber foods I eat equate to lots of carbs in my diet. Does anyone have suggestions on good high fiber foods that are low in carbs? Thanks!

Replies

• RalphthePutz
    RalphthePutz Posts: 16 Member
    Bump.
  • akp4Him
    akp4Him Posts: 227
    Garden of Life has a raw fiber powder. It has 9 grams of fiber and 11 grams of carbs. I usually mix it with my protein drink. Some veggies are low carb and high fiber.
  • tiddlebit11
    tiddlebit11 Posts: 182
    I have problems with fiber too as i have many GI tract issues,

I use the metamucil Fibresure.... its a powder you just mix in with things, totally tasteless and gives you way more fibre than in normal metamucil (physillium husk) supplements

1 serving has only 5g of carbs and 4 of those are the fibre
  • allshebe
    allshebe Posts: 423 Member
    broccoli - 1 cup (cooked) has 14 g carbs total and 9 g fiber
  • Princess4Run
    Princess4Run Posts: 135 Member
    Foods high in fiber may not be as high in carb as you believe. Blackberries have 14 grams of carbs and 8 grams of fiber per cup. However, the NET carbs is only 6. Fiber is undigested and passes through, so you subtract that from your total carb value. Berries are a great low carb, high fiber, nutritious food.