Um WHAT IN THE ACTUAL EFF

Options

Replies

• kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I recall a story where Prime Minister, Churchill was at a party one time and a lady walked up to him and said, Sir, You are Drunk... To which the Prime Minister replied, that it may be that he was drunk but that she was ugly.. and that in the morning, he would be sober but that she would still be ugly... In this case, you may can stand to lose a pound or two, but when those pounds are gone, you will rock those shorts... on the other hand, she will still be a _______....

I agree with several other posts. Just let it go. She is the one with the problem, not you... and don't try to please the unpleasable. I have been criticized for being fat.. and now I am criticized for being "emaciated" (at 224 lbs and 6'3" with a BMI above 28... Yeah, that is emaciated...) You cannot please those who are naturally critical.
  • unluckyIrish
    unluckyIrish Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    That's pretty impressive. We should try to be kind to the mentally ill, but that's pushing it.

PROBABLY the right response would be just to smile sweetly while pitying the poor woman for whatever inner demon is tormenting her.

My natural reaction would have been to take off the shorts and throw them at her while yelling, "I KNOW, RIGHT?", but I'm still working on this whole "compassion" thing.

^this, lol
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    You should fight her

lol

Just ignore her..
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    You seriously just have to laugh at people when they say things like that. I know it's hard, but that's the best come-back for people like that. It really gets under their skin when they can't get a negative response from you. You're beautiful. Don't cry.

True!
  • samygirl928
    samygirl928 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    She was either in a bad mood or just jealous or something. Sorry that happened to you. Don't let people's negativeness and rude remarks effect what you wear... wear whatever you want to or like to wear. :)
  • slrose
    slrose Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    From looking at your picture I think she was being sarcastic. She was jealous, you look fantastic actually.

this was my thoughts exactly! she HAD to have been being sarcastic
  • Cake323
    Cake323 Posts: 18
    Options
    Firstly, what an *kitten*. Secondly, I love the "Stewie Griffon" for situations like this - "Well, I'd love to stay and chat, but you're a total *****".
    Don't worry about her (easier said than done, I know), she's clearly bitter/jealous. When things like this happen, I just imagine how crap their life must be... imagine how tiring it would be (not to mention how little she must have going on in her own life) to find and make negative comments on everyday occurences like a stranger walking past
  • jillybean0123
    jillybean0123 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking we need to organize a MFP spandex shorty-shorts convention where you live. I shudder to think of myself in spandex...or short-shorts but for a good cause, I could rock it.

This is definitely a good cause.
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    From looking at your picture I think she was being sarcastic. She was jealous, you look fantastic actually.

this was my thoughts exactly! she HAD to have been being sarcastic

I agree, there is no way she could have anywhere near that reaction to your figure/size no matter what you were wearing.
  • HSingMomto7Kids
    HSingMomto7Kids Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    You look great!!! Some ppl certainly have issues for sure. She is probably one of them!!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Holy hell. HOW did you NOT HIT HER? I am soooooooo proud of you for not slamming her against her own door. Seriously. You are so strong. I'm glad you could maintain.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I think that woman was having a bad day and decided to take it out on you. Don't read to much into it.
  • diana79
    diana79 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    The girl is jerk. Some people definitely need to get over themselves. Keep doing your thing :)
    Running is great :)
  • FitnessTim
    FitnessTim Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    It has been established that you are not overweight. Some even believe she may have been trying to be sarcastic but I don't think so from the way she said it.

Even if you were overweight, even obese, her comments would have been unacceptable. That leads me to believe that there must be something psychologically wrong with her. It makes we wonder what kind of messed up life she must have to be at point where she must lash out to others in such a hurtful way.

I'm sorry you were hurt by what she said. The best thing would have been to ignore it and move on, but being human it is understandable that you would be upset. You did the right thing in sharing your story on MFP where you know good people would support you.
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    She obviously has mental problemes
  • melindakhaley
    Options
    What a cow!

She's obviously just trying to make herself feel better.

You look great!
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    People from our area are extremely delusional. They think they are entitled for some reason when really they have no reason to be and they're just like everyone else.

DC Metro/VA/ (GLARE MD) area /facepalm.
  • dovetail22uk
    dovetail22uk Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    You should fight her

This. Challenge that b*tch to a duel. Then log it.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Personally, I wear clothes that make me comfortable to do what I want to do at that time. If it is warm, I run in shorts, if I'm on a beach, I wear a swimming costume. I do not dress to give those surrounding me pleasure. Therefore I am happy to see anyone of any size wear clothes appropriate to the weather or situation. I've had to work up to this and I was really proud to wear short shorts last summer.

I feel sorry for people who feel trapped by the attitudes of others into wearing what they think is socially appropriate to their body. I'm glad, OP, that this is happening at a time when you KNOW that horrid woman is wrong. If she said the same again I'd just say 'Then stop looking!' She's definitely the one with the problem!
  • SamanthaClarexo
    SamanthaClarexo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Say this: "I can lose weight..... you're always gonna have that face *kitten*." *Z shape finger snap*

340x_zps06d6a06d.gif

:flowerforyou: