Gym?

Options

Replies

• norrisski
    norrisski Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    6 days a week. Cardio 4 days and weight training 6 days. I go by myself. That way I can do what I want when I want rather than waiting on someone else.
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym 5-6 days a week.

It seems like you want to have someone with you - but, if you can't get your husband to go with you, and still want to do 5 days - you could do weight lifting and such the 2 days with your friend and then do cardio the other 3 days, when you don't have someone "with" you. You don't want to talk on the cardio machines anyway, it will (should, if you're working hard enough) be difficult to carry on a conversation anyway.
  • mikejholmes
    mikejholmes Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I'm usually in *a* gym 6 days a week. 3 days a week lifting, always. I usually do cardio after I lift.
    And most weeks, 3 days a week going to the rock climbing gym for some "fun" exercise.
  • UsaJewels05
    UsaJewels05 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    When I first started out, I would work out about 4 days a week at home. Now almost a year later I go to the Gym 6 days a week, and sometime also workout at home. For the next 2 months, I am doing Jillian Micheals 30 Day Shred at home in the morning 4 days per week and then 45 min to an hour in the gym in the afternoon. I will take 1 rest day. I feel lazy on my rest days and sometimes have to make myself rest. I never thought that would happen. I feel so much better about myself when I get my workout in!

Good Luck!
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    4 - Mon/Wed/Fri and either Sat or Sun morning depending on what is happening that day.

Cardo warm-up / Lifting / Cardo wrap-up - normally 1.5-2+ hours
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I've never belonged to a gym, and I'm 45! lol. Weigh what I weighed in high school because I've always been a pretty good eater...

That being said I run 3 times a week outdoors (M-W-S) with a long run (usually 8-10 miles) on the weekend. I usually do 3-4 half-marathons a year. I also do 30 DS or other circuit training in between my runs. Upstairs I have free weights and a pull up bar, that's it.

Remember, as Jillian says, you can't exercise you way out of a bad diet...so get the food component down first and the rest is easy...
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I generally go 5-6 days a week (every weekday before work and Saturday morning for a cycling class)

My advice is try not to rely on other people to go with you. Its always nice to have a workout buddy, but unless they are 100% reliable, they can really hold you back from your own fitness goals. I've learned that the best workout partner you can have is an iPod :laugh:
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I go Monday through Friday and now that the days are nicer, I run on the weekends. I'd say try going the 2 days with your friend and see how you like it, then maybe add in the other days with your husband, or maybe you'll find you'd rather have 3 days to workout alone
  • kizzyb1977
    kizzyb1977 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I go 6 times per week for 2 hours per day for just over 2 weeks now. I have noticed quite a difference already in multiple areas! I don't necessarily like spending all that time there, but the results make it well worth it!!
  • ForABetterMe89
    Options
    I'm just starting out, but I'm aiming for 3 day/week. I workout at home on the days that I'm not going.
  • fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Six days a week, but only because the gym is closed on Sunday lol. :)
  • christabel6
    christabel6 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I go twice, but I also go to a ballroom and a tango class, so with cycling/walking to those and the dancing itself that's enough exercise for me ;-)
  • cathkitty70
    cathkitty70 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i would say to start at 3 days per week so you don't burn yourself out. If you find that you desire more and want to speed up your weight loss, then pick up a day, and go from there. Just a thought. I know from personal experience if I put in my head five days a week and then I do not follow through I feel like I let myself down and then I crash.
  • dianamatienzo
    Options
    I go to the gym 6 times a week :) My boyfriend and I go together almost every day, so going with your loved one is a great idea! It's really motivating, personally.

We have a routine that we are always upgrading and improving, but the idea is that we start on leg day, working on compound movements and also isolating hamstrings, glutes, quads, and calves.
    The next day is pushing day, so we work our chest, shoulders and triceps with a couple of exercises for each group and obviously compound movements as well.
    The last day is pulling, so lats, rear delts and lower back as well as biceps.
    After that we rest and then start again the next day with legs. We alternate abs to every other day (so usually on leg and pulling days) and I do cardio whenever I can. Usually about 5 days a week :) I hope this gives you a good idea!
  • eskiadas
    eskiadas Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I go 4 times a week. Monday, Wednesday, Fri and Saturday morning I do a spin class.
    I take my kids with me Monday and wed and they stay at the child minding area...they love it and it gives them a chance to play and be around other kids. It's a win win for us all :)
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I go 5 days a week - M-F. If I have to skip a day due to an early morning meeting or something, I make it up on the weekend. This is just the amount that works best for me and keeps me motivated and accountable.
  • Notsocrafty
    Notsocrafty Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm averaging about 4 days a week right now, plus one workout at home.

Mondays are bootcamp, Tuesday off, Wednesday spinning, Thursday treadmill, Friday weights, Saturday off, and Sunday C25K outside. I need to start running more since I signed up for a race in June, so I might try running Fridays in the morning, and still lifting in the evening.
  • sharon_moyer
    Options
    I don't go to the gym at all because I have a lot of things at home for me to get the exercise that I need.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    i do a lot of other stuff so i only go 2-3 times a week. if i was only doing the gym i would be going 6 times a week

I kinda depends on what you want to do. exercising twice a week would be the minimum you could do and still expect to go anywhere, anything else would be taking too much time off inbetween.
  • britkip
    britkip Posts: 49
    Options
    I work out at 4am at home I usually do a Jillian Michaels DVD and then I go to the gym at night, do that Monday-Friday and weekends are my rest days. :)