When you just *gotta* have chocolate...

Options
Hi All, I have done MFP a few times, but stopped because I find tracking everything I eat to be a total drag. This time I am really determined to keep it up and as my tracker shows, I'm aiming for 55 pounds. The thing is, that after lunch (I only really encounter this at lunch, oddly enough) I've just GOTTA have something chocolate or my meal seems incomplete. Today I'm going to have hot chocolate since it's a) a little chilly in my office and b) I figure hot chocolate is a better choice than a candy bar from the vending machine. My question to you is what do you have when you just gotta have chocolate but you don't want to be completely thrown off your calorie track?

Replies

• _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    I eat dark chocolate daily.
  • annapcc
    annapcc Posts: 34
    Options
    Trader Joe's has 100 calorie chocolate bars in Milk and Dark Chocolate.... It's really portions. You could have chocolate every day, just not a TON of it.
  • Superchikanthem
    Superchikanthem Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I to eat chocolate daily. I make my own half the time soo yummy!
  • iryshjones
    iryshjones Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    twice a day for dessert after lunch and dinner i have Jello no sugar added chocolate pudding 60 cals each and no sugar. I love them The are usually in the cooler section in the grocery store where you get the yogurt and cheese etc. They are my guilt free chocolate and dessert fix.
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Ghiradelli dark chocolate squares - just one if I need some chocolate. It is a good and good for you.
  • jamimari777
    jamimari777 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Switching to dark chocolate will save you on sugar. Chocolate isn't bad, it's how much you have that will keep you from your goals. I eat chocolate almost daily too.
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate everyday usually. Dark chocolate is your friend. ;)
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow Dreamy Clusters - HEAVEN
    Dole Live Right double chocolate bites (like little mini chocolate muffins)
    chocolate Vitamuffins
    Jello puddings
    Thinsations snack packs (100 calorie snack packs of little chips ahoy or chocolate cookies)
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Every day in the afternoon I have 1 square off of a Valrhona dark chocolate bar. It's only 20 calories, but it's such rich dark chocolate that you don't need any more than that. Even if you ate the entire bar it's 160 calories.
  • RobynUnfiltered
    RobynUnfiltered Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Just eat it, don't go with a big candy bar bring a reasonable portion and go for it. If you deny it you will be stuck feeling like you missed out on what you wanted and that won't help you at all!!!!
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    2 options...

1) sounds psychological. Get over it.

2) have some chocolate or whatever, just find a way to balance it with other foods so you hit your calorie and macro goals for the day.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    Break three of the squares off a hersheys bar. 3 squares = 1/4 bar = about 50 calories. Not a big deal. Save the rest for the next time I need chocolate.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate often as well.. I had some yesterday. Extra dark with blueberries and almonds. mmmm.. Can also try the choclate protein bars or shakes.. i'm trying to get away from them, but they might work for you :)

Dark chocolate and red wine is doctor reccommened for women to be healthy.. Just eat a square or two of the chocolate.. i don't beleive in limiting the health benefits of wine.. (or the color for that matter.. lol)
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    b) I figure hot chocolate is a better choice than a candy bar from the vending machine.

Don't rely on this to be true, hot chocolate can be potent with calories from sugar.
  • grdaze
    grdaze Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    one dark chocolate hershey kiss is something like 22 calories. You have to limit yourself or hide the bag though, because those will add up :)
  • jsbieniek
    jsbieniek Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hershey's Special Dark minis. They are 45 calories each.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    2 options...

1) sounds psychological. Get over it.

2) have some chocolate or whatever, just find a way to balance it with other foods so you hit your calorie and macro goals for the day.

Ditto.

Have a small square of chocolate or some sort of individually wrapped single serving size. There is a difference between housing an entire candy bar and having a small portion of chocolate. The more you can get on board with portion control, the easier it is to lose weight and keep it off.
  • IndigoFlowers
    IndigoFlowers Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    When you gotta have some chocolate... you eat some chocolate!! If I deny myself continuously for something I am craving, I find I will eat a LOT of other things trying to satisfy the craving instead of just eating that item I am craving.
  • klafrancis
    klafrancis Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Skinnycow! Best bars, nuggets, ice cream, anything! Got a huge box of 150 calorie treats at Sam's for like $10. They will last me forever and really take the edge off of my inner chocolate-psycho.
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Green & Black's Organic 85% dark chocolate. You only need a little to squash that chocolate craving and it's low in calories.