Women in early 30's who are SUCCESSFULLY losing weight?

Options
13»

Replies

• lyndyloolaa
    lyndyloolaa Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi :)

I'm 30 and trying to lose another 28lbs, since starting my journey I've lost about 28lbs (not all while being on MFP). Feel free to add me guys! x
  • ChantalAguiar
    ChantalAguiar Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Oh please add me! Also I don't have many friends since joining and could use some so feel free!
  • bluskies01
    bluskies01 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'll be 30 in about 5 weeks. I've lost 22 lbs so far, but I have a longgg way to go to even be out of the obese category. :/
  • corisg
    corisg Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 34 and have lost 44 lbs total since starting Aug 2012. Most of my weight was lost with Phentermine (doctor prescribed). Feb 25th I started INSANITY. With INSANITY my weight went up 12 lbs but I lost inches. Slowly now my weight is coming back down and I'm still losing inches. It will be hard and you will have good days and bad days but it is all worth it. Feel free to add me.
  • Vicki685
    Vicki685 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm so very nearly 32. I started loosing weight about this time last year but I haven't really been trying very hard since Christmas. I've got to the stage where I'm pretty much happy with my shape and size which is probably why I've slowed down. I would like to get closer to a healthy BMI and would like to work on some muscle definition (which will involve lifting at some point I guess). Feel free to add me.
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    37 yr old yo yo dieter here :) LOL - I have tried them all but MFP has been the one that makes the most sense to me (I use tdee-%) method.
    I stalled out using 1200 cals - and would not lose or gain so i switched it

I now have close to 1500 cals as I can get - do not eat my cals back but I use Zumba every day. The first week I changed to tdee- % I lost 3 lbs :)

Over all since Jan 1 I have lost 14 lbs - was easier and faster years ago but we can still lose now!

Hi - I am new to this -just joined- what is tree-%
    I'm 38 trying to lose 15 pounds -I should eat about 1250 calories which seems really low . . . maybe I should try for 1400 because I don't think I'm going to be very successful otherwise . . . also trying to do 30 day shred everyday and hoping for better weather so I can walk

Tdee-% - follow this thread it helped me and so many others :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912920-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013?hl=road+map
  • rekite2000
    rekite2000 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    34 for another week. My highest was 223 right after my second baby in December 2012. Down to 189 right now. I am doing JM Body Revolution and also TDEE method. Want to lose at least 30 more lbs and see how I feel. I am so happy to have muscles showing again! Feel free to add if you like.
  • ccmccoy09
    ccmccoy09 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    33 yrs old (when did THAT happen??); I've always been a gym-goer but didn't really get serious with lifting, intense workouts, and eating well until Aug 2011 and have dropped about 20 lbs total. I also took up running which has led to a complete lifestyle change. I was down to goal size (solid 6) but gained a little when work got busy.

HIIT, heavy lifting, eating more when I'm lifting more, running, and avoiding alcohol and sweets is what's working for me. The big problem for me is not allowing my running to make me feel like I have permission to eat whatever I want.

Friend request sent!

ETA: I also switched to TDEE-% to calculate calories in vs. calories out when I hit a plateau:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912920-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013?hl=road+map
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I'm 32. Started gaining weight slowly after college, then lost 35 pounds before my wedding at 26. Slowly gained it back and more after the wedding :( Started losing weight this go around in November 2011 and lost 70 pounds in 11 months then maintained for the rest of 2012. I have been very lax in 2013 and gained 30 of those 70 back, so now my ticker reads 40 lost. But I'm back on track and logging every day again! Anyone who wants is welcome to add me!
    We are at a similar place right now. Sending you a friend request!
  • Zelinna
    Zelinna Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am 31 and have been slowly losing since Aug 2012. I have been taking my time and not cutting too much out so that I know I will be able to continue this lifestyle for a long time.

I have always been bigger but gained 20 pounds when I moved to a different province and stopped many of the activities that had allowed me to maintain my weight. Since I lost that 20 I am a bit addicted and want to keep going until I am in the healthy range for my height.
  • HunterTrouble
    HunterTrouble Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Please add me! It would be nice to have some friends that are in the same boat as me!

I am 33 years old and have lost about 7 pounds since January before starting MFP (again) last week. Lost 1 pound. I am trying to dedicate myself to becoming healthy.
  • Colombianchick29
    Colombianchick29 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I'm turning 30 this July! been working on my weight loss sionce January this year and down 18 lbs so far!! Woohooooooo
  • Brynne1234
    Brynne1234 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 32 and still have about 50 lbs to lose. Anyone can feel free to add me :happy:
  • mikkieup
    mikkieup Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    31 y/o mom of a 2 y/o...i'm a phys ed teacher and stay active but can't stop eating! trying to get my body to look like it should after all the activity I do!