• Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    BIG MAC CASSEROLE!! the recipe is floating around here some where
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Burger.

Use worchester sauce to marinate. Sprinkle some salt and pepper and then put it on the grill
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Brown it with garlic and paprika, along with some onions, mushrooms, and green peppers. Then simmer it in tomato sauce for about 10 minutes. Add fresh spinach and stir until the spinach is incorporated. I usually pour it over pasta or potatoes, and then add some shredded cheese on top. But you can serve it as you like. It's a delicious mix.
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    I would really, really strongly recommend this quinoa & ground beef picadillo: http://www.food.com/recipe/quinoa-beef-picadillo-256268

It's great as is, but it's especially delicious if you add a little apple cider vinegar. When I made it, I ended up with a different calorie count than that listed on the link above (I have one of Lorna Sass' cookbooks, which is where I originally got the recipe). I ended up with 6 servings of 285g each (roughly 1.5 to 1.75c, I believe), with 390 calories, 28g carbs, 20 g fat and 25 g protein. I did not use extra lean ground beef, but I also threw in some left over pulled pork that I had on hand, and I also did not have the tomatoes and chiles, so I think I just used tomato paste and beef broth. So the calories would probably work out slightly differently, but should be fairly close.
  • MissyPoo2013
    MissyPoo2013 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • kellyw036
    kellyw036 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Stuffed peppers!
  • kellyw036
    kellyw036 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Stuffed peppers!

I do an Italian version and a mexican version of these.

I use a whole pepper (red, green or yellow) and stuff them- place standing in baking dish and heat about 350 for about 35-45 mins.

Brown hamburger, onions, seasonings to taste- add whatever you want!

For the Italian, I stuff with diced tomatoes, quinoa (you can keep or skip this), onions, burger, mozzarella cheese, tomato or spaghetti sauce (try low sodium ingredients)

For Mexican I stuff the peppers with burger, onion, black beans, jalapenos, a tiny bit of cheese.

You can really make them however you want! They never fail!
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Chili, tacos, burgers...
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    This is one of my favorite recipes!
    Following the recipe exactly (minus the red wine)
    The calories are 369 a serving. And it's filling.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/serbian-ground-beef-veggie-and-potato-bake/detail.aspx

1 pound lean ground beef
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1 green bell pepper, chopped
    1 onion, chopped
    1 carrot, shredded
    2 celery stalks, chopped
    1/2 tablespoon paprika
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    3/4 teaspoon black pepper
    1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
    1 pinch ground cinnamon
    1 pinch ground cloves
    1/4 cup water
    1/8 cup red wine
    1 cube beef bouillon
    2 tablespoons half-and-half
    2 potatoes, peeled and sliced

Directions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a casserole dish.

In a skillet over medium heat, cook the beef until evenly brown. Remove beef from skillet, reserving juices, and set aside. Mix in the olive oil, and saute the green pepper, onion, carrot, and celery until tender.

Return beef to the skillet, and season with paprika, salt, black pepper, red pepper, cinnamon, and cloves. Stir in the water and red wine until heated through. Dissolve the beef bouillon cube into the mixture. Remove skillet from heat, and mix in the half-and-half.

Layer the bottom of the prepared casserole dish with enough potato slices to cover. Place the beef and vegetable mixture over the potatoes, and top with remaining potatoes.
    Cook, covered, 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the potatoes are tender.

(we omitted the red/wine)
  • petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Hope it's not too late to reply!
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE making my extra lean ground beef into a sort of stiry fry and eating it will seaweed wraps (the kind of sheets you use to make sushi)

Or just in a bowl with a fork!

Brown the meat - season with pepper, salt, garlic, cumin, ginger and a spalsh of soy sauce.

cook up stiry fry veggies the same way - broccoli, green beans, peppers, onions, maybe even mushroom, carrot, bean sprouts..

I use a spray of grape seed oil to 'fry' the veggies in but of course olive oil, sunflower oil, sesame, oil whatever works too just keep it around 1/2 Tablespoon (60 cals)

I Love making this, even if I just use frozen broccoli (which is 25cals for 1 cup)

It's the seasonings that make it so bombtastic!
  • airen123
    airen123 Posts: 149
    Options
    My 3 Alarm Chili:
    1 lb lean (I use Laura's) ground beef, browned
    1 diced onion
    1 diced red bell pepper
    2 finely diced jalapeno peppers (EDIT: I remove the seeds-spicy enough as is)
    (saute onion and peppers then add to beef)
    Add 2 cans tomato sauce (14.5 oz)
    1 can diced chili-ready tomatoes
    1 can fat free pinto beans
    3 TBS chili powder
    garlic, black pepper, red pepper flakes oregano suited to taste.
    should be 6-8 servings

I eat this with skim cheddar cheese and a dollop nonfat Greek yogurt. Mm. I log a cup at 300 cals.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    mix with ground pork and veal in a 2:1:1 ratio. Add an egg or two, parm and breadcrumbs. Roll into balls, sear them in oil and finish in the oven in tomato sauce @400ish
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Anyone have a low-cal recipe for extra lean ground beef that does not have pasta in it?? Please let me know the calorie count if possible. Thanks

Your favorite pasta dish with spaghetti squast substituted for the noodles.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Anyone have a low-cal recipe for extra lean ground beef that does not have pasta in it?? Please let me know the calorie count if possible. Thanks

Your favorite pasta dish with spaghetti squast substituted for the noodles.

stahp it
  • alphal0b0
    alphal0b0 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I think I would pay some serious $$$ to eat at your house!! lol
  • alphal0b0
    alphal0b0 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    mix with ground pork and veal in a 2:1:1 ratio. Add an egg or two, parm and breadcrumbs. Roll into balls, sear them in oil and finish in the oven in tomato sauce @400ish

I think I would pay some serious $$$ to eat at your house!! lol
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • sjacks14
    sjacks14 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Is rice okay?
    If so I made a Dirty Rice last night that was pretty tasty, even my husband and teenage daughter raved...

1 lb. 91% lean ground beef (Costco)
    1 large green pepper, chopped
    1 large red pepper, chopped
    1 large yellow pepper, chopped
    1 medium yellow onion, chopped
    1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
    1 tsp beef bullion
    1 Tbsp Italian Herb blend
    1 tsp ground pepper
    1 cup rice (i used sushi rice since we were out of regular, but any rice will do, white, brown, basmati)
    2 cups water

brown beef with peppers and onions, add tomatoes, bullion, pepper, herbs, water and rice, bring to boil, reduce to medium low for 20-25 minutes. Serves 4-6 depending on serving size, about 250 cal for a 1/6th serving and 350ish for 1/4th serving.

I made this recipe last night with ground turkey and it was a hit!
  • atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
  • Blafily
    Blafily Posts: 21
    Options
    Bump
    bump