What is something fitness oriented YOU want to do?

Options
Do you have a goal to do a marathon, 1/2, obstacle run, triatholon, 5K, or anything? What are you working towards?

Replies

• Mharren
    Mharren Posts: 60
    Options
    I'm working towards being able to do pull-up again, and Aerial Cartwheels and hopefully, Back Handsprings! I also want to be able to run at least 2.5km in less than 10 min again. I still get the urge to just RUN, but I can't run too far anymore lol.
  • whatjesseats
    whatjesseats Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I recently completed my first 10k race and this week started training for my first triathlon. Having an event to train for has done wonders for my motivation!

I'm thinking of going for a half-mary in the fall...we'll see how tri training goes.
  • niftyfoodie
    niftyfoodie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I registered for my first half marathon in 2014! I will probably be in tears at the finish line...such an exciting thought! Oh, and I'll totally be that person with a 13.1 magnet on their car. :-)
  • ValerieMomof2
    ValerieMomof2 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I registered for my first half marathon in 2014! I will probably be in tears at the finish line...such an exciting thought! Oh, and I'll totally be that person with a 13.1 magnet on their car. :-)

I just did my first 1/2 and I was bummed they didn't have the magnets for us. I will be getting one!

Awesome goals for all. I love seeing what people are working towards. I am doing a Rugged Maniac in May and just did my first 1/2 so I am also using this as a way to see what else I want to do LOL Part of me wants to do a triathalon, BUT I don't have a bike and nowhere good to train to swim, so I think I need a different goal
  • TaurianDoll
    TaurianDoll Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have:

1. Run in a full marathon
    2. Run in 10 half marathons and I'm now an official member of the Half Fanatics
    3. Completed 2 triathlons
    4. Run in two dozen 5ks
    5. Learned how to do weight training (back in 2003)

I just came off of a heavy season of running. I'm ready to spend some time in the gym rebuilding my total body strength. I not only want to feel strong but I want to look strong. I've missed weight training and I haven't concentrated on it since I was 21 so 10 years later, I'm here and ready to make this my main focus.

GOAL: I would like to compete in a fitness modeling competition someday as well.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    do a flip while having sex.
  • fayeonherway
    Options
    Climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro; September, 2014. A whole lotta money and time invested so failure is not an option.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    My 6th half-marathon is coming up in a few weeks--I hope to set a new personal record there, but much depends on how hot and humid it is on the day. Then, as long as we stay put, I'm planning to do a trail marathon in December. That would be my first marathon--I decided if I was going to do the distance, I'd rather spend 7 or 8 hours in the woods than 5-ish on the roads.
  • CMGoodie
    CMGoodie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    One goal at a time: Climing a 14er this year without knees aching so much.
  • sammielealea
    sammielealea Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I have my first full marathon in 26 sleeps!! I have been training for what seems like so long, I am so excited for it to be over, but I'm nervous as well . . . what to do next?? After it's over, I am going to cut back on the running a bit, but I still have 2 half's scheduled for this year (which I am hoping to beat my personal bests, as they are courses that I have done before); and I am going to try to focus more on strength training. If I love it as much as I think I will, I may set my sights on a fitness competition next :smile:
  • assblaster69
    assblaster69 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Kill a bear with my bare hands. And if I get attacked, I want to be able to lift a man above my head. Basically snatch a man. If those count as a fitness related goal.
    I want my bench, deadlift and squat combined to be 500kgs. I think it's the most realistic goal
  • mk_hammer
    mk_hammer Posts: 105
    Options

This is amazing!!! You are going to do great! :happy:
  • quirkyone1
    Options
    My next goal is a 1 x Bodyweight squat and a pullup.
  • tolygal
    tolygal Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Multiple pull-ups (I can now do one at a time, but I want to be able to do 10 at a time)
    Pistol squats (I can't even do one quiet yet)
    Deadlift 200 lbs (I just hit 190 lbs)
  • Eatkansasbeef
    Eatkansasbeef Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Planning a hike to the top of Pikes Peak the end of July with some girlfriends. My first 14er! Also planning to run my first half marathon in December. I'm kind of old ( as my kids would say) but, nothing ventured nothing gained!
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I've got a 5k planned for May and would like to go hiking once before it gets too hot and insect-y.
  • lukedwr
    lukedwr Posts: 16
    Options
    Side-splits. It means I'm back to being fit again...
  • ValerieMomof2
    ValerieMomof2 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    These are amazing goals and very adventurous, including the flip ;) I am loving the variety!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I have competed in regional bikini competitions twice. Now I want to be a fitness model.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options

I cried at the end of my first one as well...it was such a great feeling to have accomplished that. Be careful, half marathons are addicting! :) I will be doing my 4th half next month.

I don't have a magnet, but I do have a bumper sticker...well...actually more than one. Ahem.