Who is your biggest supporter? Who encourages you?

Options

Replies

• FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    LOL@supporters.

I let my haters be my motivators:)

ROFL
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Me, Myself, and I.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,811 Member
    Options
    great guy you have there it sounds like.

my hubby is quite supportive, he eats whatever i make, but i do cook some of his old favorite, but not the healthiest, meals sometimes, but mostly its vegetarian meals with wheat pastas or brown rice and tons of veggies.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Definitely my boyfriend. He's a fitness junkie and loves cardio, lifting, and eating super healthy, and he has been so supportive. Even came to the gym with me to give me my own strength training plan to go with the cardio I already do. He's been researching lots about how to train me as a woman. And he talks me off the ledge whenever I just want a pizza. Oh, and he recently hid the scale for me so I can only weigh once a week.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I have some awesome awesome friends and family.

But I am my own biggest supporter and motivator.
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Nobody... well, there's a person or two on my list here that encourage me a bit, but this is my deal.

I'm lucky enough that people generally don't... ugh, hate the word... sabotage me. But encourage? No.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    You've got a great motivational story and a wonderful husband and marriage! I do too! But, my biggest supporter is myself. I say this because I couldn't have been at all successful until I came to a place in my life of putting 100% of my faith and support into my own goals. My family and closest friends have always been able to count on my support unconditionally but I used to critically judge myself. Now I relax, accept and I don't take things too seriously except my own health and welfare which I am deadly serious about. So I am my biggest supporter but my husband and kids are right there beside me.
  • BlackStarDeceiver
    BlackStarDeceiver Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    BlackStarDeceiver's mom

Oh, so that's where you learned those new moves? Explains why I like it so much. Just like mom used to make.
  • JennyJo23
    JennyJo23 Posts: 33
    Options
    I blessed to have a loving hubbie who always lets me know that I am loved. He loved me, when I was 280 pounds. He continues to love me, even when I am being a total pain. He loves me on my good days and my bad days. But when it comes to losing weight, I wasn't sure how he would react.

02-06-13EdandSue_zpsd0f68475.jpg?

Ed has never been fat. His top weight was about 236 pounds. He loves to go out and eat big steaks with fully loaded potatoes. His idea of a green vegetable is corn. Yes. You and I know that is NOT a green vegetable; but he response is, "Look at it growing in the field. It is green." So, I had my doubts that he would be keen about Mama being on 'a diet'.

I was wrong. My loving hubbie has been my solid supporter from the beginning of my efforts to lose weight. He was there, when my surgeon shows us my knee x-rays and told me to lose 70 pounds in order to qualify for surgery to replace both of my knees. He was there, when I started out consuming nothing but Equate meal replacement shakes and bars. He was there, when I joined MFP and started counting calories and eating regular food again. He has been the one who physically supported me, when I couldn't even take a few steps without falling. He has dragged my wheelchair in and out of our van for many months without complaint. He is the one who pushes that wheelchair most of time and makes sure that I am able to go places that I couldn't go without his help.

Did he complain even once about what he had to do for ME? Did he complain, when we weren't going out for steak dinners? Did he mumble about the lack of sweets in the house, when I emptied out the kitchen cupboards and gave away boxes of food to our neighbors, "because I don't want to be tempted." No. He never complained. In fact, he started reading the labels on the food in the store to see, if he could find better foods to have in the house for me...AND FOR HIM.

That's right. Ed joined me (well sorta) on the path to getting healthier. He still eats a lot things that I won't, and he eats more food than I do. But that makes sense. He is a man...an active man. He can burn those calories. He has even lost some weight...about 20 pounds so far.

Do I resent him losing weight? Some days. I was wanting to weigh less than him, and he keeps moving the mark. If he had not lost weight, I would have passed him by now. :laugh:

Am I glad that he is losing weight? Yes. I love this man, and I want him to live a long, healthy life...with me.

I love my sweet hubbie, and I am so grateful that God gave me a loving partner in my life. I couldn't have a better companion and supporter in my efforts to lose weight.

Who is your greatest supporter? Who encourages you? :flowerforyou:
    You have a good man by your side, wish mine was like that. He tells me he loves me wether I weigh 300 or 150 he doesn't care but I care about my health. He brings in sweets and things like that which tempt me. He doesn't care how I eat as long as I get full. I wish I had a good supporter. Don't get me wrong my husband is great just not the best support system. So I have nobody to rely on but myself ..
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Such a sweet story!

My husband is my biggest supporter too. He was the one that got me started at a gym, and I wouldn't be where I am today without him. I think the thing I love about it the most is that my mental health has improved considerably these past few years after he and I almost divorced. I feel more like myself again.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    When it comes to fitness, it's just me. I'm the fitness supporter in my family. Am I supposed to need encouragement?
  • sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    That is a very beautiful story you've told OP. It made me all sentimental. My ex-husband was with me when I both gained and lost my 140 pounds, and through it all he never stopped treating me like I was the most beautiful woman in the world. We had other problems that separated us, but he always treated me like his Queen. We definitely ended as friends.
  • Clement1ne
    Options
    My Fiance & My Personal Trainer.

My Mom also encourages me but I don't talk to her very often.

Emmalee :smile:
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    MFP peeps and my hubby!! :heart:
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    And he talks me off the ledge whenever I just want a pizza.

That took me by surprise and made me laugh so hard. I suddenly imagined someone on a tall building with a slice of pizza in their hand and a friend hanging out of a window, begging them..."DON'T DO IT!!! You have your whole life ahead of you!" :laugh:
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    My husband is supportive if I say anything, but never volunteers any comments, so I'd have to say my dear niece Mel Gibson, who has my back. Mel, if you read this, you rock, honey!
  • JonnyR214
    JonnyR214 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Quite honestly me only. I push myself and encourage myself each day to do this, my family and " friends " are hardly supportive
  • VickiDiane22
    VickiDiane22 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I have to say my husband is. He has loved me when I was 19 yrs old and weighed 119 lbs and he loves me now at 210lbs. 44 years of marriage and we are still best friends.
  • Hanfordrose
    Options
    You have a good man by your side, wish mine was like that. He tells me he loves me wether I weigh 300 or 150 he doesn't care but I care about my health. He brings in sweets and things like that which tempt me. He doesn't care how I eat as long as I get full. I wish I had a good supporter. Don't get me wrong my husband is great just not the best support system. So I have nobody to rely on but myself ..

Not everyone can relate to us, when we are trying to eat healthier or lose weight. I think that is why so many folks come to MFP. It is a place where there are other folks with the similar problems, motivations and desires for their future.

Your husband may not understand right now; but I have a feeling that he will catch on as you lose weight. In the meantime, stay strong...stay committed and know that your friends on MFP are always close at hand with the right words at the right time. :flowerforyou:
  • Hanfordrose
    Options
    When it comes to fitness, it's just me. I'm the fitness supporter in my family. Am I supposed to need encouragement?

Yes. We all need a kind word once in a while. We want someone else to care about us...to encourage and uplift us. That's what MFP is supposed to be about. :flowerforyou: