Alcohol!

Options

Replies

• cindywhitley1
    Options
    I'm glad I posted this. Now I know I'm not the only one on here who still has drinks haha
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Similar to some of these, but a little different. Gin and tonics! There is such a thing as diet tonic water, but I drink real and just log calories.

I think they're the best for summer, barbecues, picnics, breakfast, a pre-game meal, at Easter mass, during Ramadan, in a house, with a mouse, on a train, even in Spain!

For the record, most alcohol has the same caloric content. Vodka, gin, rum, and whiskey. When you get into bourbon or anything spiced, dark, syrupy, cinnamon, butter, bacon, then the calorie count starts rising.
  • fysty75
    fysty75 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I log when I drink alcohol (always in the "snack" part of my diary). Lately I have just been sticking to vodka club with a lime wedge because its low in calories, and not too delicious that I will down it right away.

That's a great way to make a drink last longer. I will do vodka w/ club soda too or vodka, water, splash of coke for colour.

I had one ounce of scotch last night that took me an hour. I could consume a lot more of the tasty stuff in that time period.
  • Tanisha0812
    Options
    I know that alcohol, sugar, bread and pasta are not my friends. I made a promise to cut these things out, not forever, but atleast until I am disciplined enough to push back. I would log anything that goes in my mouth so that I can understand the affects of the foods and drinks I take in. It's not to badger myself, but to be able to track my progress and assist in reaching my goal. My first week without alcohol, working out 4 days a week at boot camp and a pretty strict diet I was able to lose 6 pounds. I think I can put off the alcohol for a while if I will see results like this!
  • djmodernroq
    Options
    I cut back on my drinking big time!! I now drink Vodka Tonic or a Vodka w/cranberry. I make sure they make them strong :) I might have a couple of beers but i prefer vodka.
  • aaronlawrenc
    aaronlawrenc Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    i drink vodka and yes i log the cals....liquid cals are cals too.
  • Energizer06
    Energizer06 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I'm sure a lot of us like to have a drink (or a few) now and then. I, unfortunately LOVE beer! I have cut back quite a bit and can really tell a difference. With spring here, it's cook-out time! What is a good drink to enjoy while hanging out with friends? Also, do you record your alcohol in your diary? Thanks :smile:

Your favorite drink. I ensure I have enough calories available b4 I drink. They are basically empty calories (no nutritional value)
    If you don't have enough....earn them (exercise).
  • olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I have beer almost every day. I record everything.
  • krickeyuu
    krickeyuu Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Life without wine would not be worth living. I drink wine daily, I log it, I exercise for it, I enjoy every single drop of it.
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Life without wine would not be worth living. I drink wine daily, I log it, I exercise for it, I enjoy every single drop of it.
    This and then some :blushing: Love me wine!
  • Brookesworld104
    Brookesworld104 Posts: 32 Member
    Options

AMEN!!! My sentiments exactly and I do the same.
  • Creekers
    Creekers Posts: 1
    Options
    So, when i can find it at a bar I always drink Chopin Vodka and Soda with lime. Chopin is distilled from potatoes instead of wheat. As we all know, your body turns wheat into sugar. Its best to have it with water and lime, but i love the fizz of the soda. Happy Summer Fundays!!
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Booze is the reason I got heavy in the first place..
    Since I quit drinking 11 months ago I have lost a total of 25 lbs
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I log everything. I wouldn't see the point in logging my food and being all like "oh yay I met my calorie goal" not including that I had 1000 calories of alcohol lol. And yes I did still drink while I was losing weight, but less than I did before and I would keep it within my calorie goal for the week. :smile:
  • odddrums
    odddrums Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I try to always record my alcohol, because I record everything and I know beer makes me fat. I just drink water when I'm out or if I'm just going to have a long night I just stop caring. You need a break every now and then!
  • ajmurray05
    ajmurray05 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I drink Vodka with Crystal light (a ton of different flavors), no calories except for the Vodka and some (vodkas) have fewer calories than others. The Crystal Light is great because I buy the idividual packets so I can make a drink at a time.

Depending on the Vodka, I have seen the calories be anywhere from 80 to 110 per shot. I always count the calories. I drink A LOT and it can definitely effect my weight loss goals. I am trying to hold myself more accountable.
  • wcj61
    wcj61 Posts: 13
    Options

AWESOME response! I agree 100%.
  • kliermann
    kliermann Posts: 514
    Options
    I completely agree nothin beats a beer on a summer day heck after winter even spring days :P sometimes i starve myself which i know is wrong so i have the calories to burn so i chill during the day watch movies then grub dinner with some beers if im grilling out. .....buuuut i suggest Michelob ultra it's got very few calories if your looking for a buzz however substitute 1 beer with a shot.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    drinking has been pretty rare for me, I'll probably make my own drinks so I know what's in it
    and so it's worth it. you can easily blow a 1,000 calories on a few pina coladas without realizing it.
    but most of the time I don't drink at all.
  • seventwenty
    seventwenty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    GET DRUNK NOT FAT

http://getdrunknotfat.com/

Note: More for "Bro" drinks, i.e. You can see Natty Ice, not Left Hand Brewing Co.