Summer Sixer-tini's: Week 1

Options

Replies

• kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Amy (baha)...LOVE Wyatt's room! LOVE it! SOooo super cute! And thanks for the tea info. May need to try!

Sandy...Yay for sleeping! That's wonderful!! I know how much better I feel after a good night of sleep!

Lauryn...Hello!! Glad to hear from you! And beautiful writing!! You are definitely an inspirer. So strong. Thanks for always sharing.

April, momie...thanks for sharing a bit about yourselves! Hope you find this group and wonderful as I do!

Well...off to have some lunch! Have a good afternoon!
  • frogy_98
    frogy_98 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hello sixer-tini's

It was great to read everyones post and loved to see the ones that say a little about everyone!

AFM: Life is good today, doing ok on eating but splurged on some guacamole and chips so will need to up the exercise today. never can turn down guac.

Here is a little about myself
    I am 30 years old and have been overweight for the past 6 years or so, started with meds for my epilepsy and then just continued after that. But now do not have that excuse and want to get back down to just above my high school weight or to a body I can be happy with.

I am married and have a wonderful daughter who is 2.5 years old, my husband is my rock and is a amazing dad to our dd. We currently live in Fargo ND, i was a CO girl but moved here to be with him and now love it. Yes there are days in winter where I think I am crazy for living in the frozen north, but the summer sun sets where you can see for miles with nothing but the occasional farm makes it all worth it. Plus I have a lovely huge set of in laws who make life wonderful.

I will be going back to work 2 days a week in August, which will be fun plus my dd will be starting day care and already loves her classroom so looking forward to that next step in our life.

But most of all just thankful for a wonderful and blessed life that I have.

I hope all you new ones love this group I know I do, and they are great even on our bad days they give so much support, Good luck on this challenge and remember every day is a new day and a new chance at success!

Tracy
  • Saloule
    Saloule Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi everyone!

It's really great the way everyone says a little about themselves here, it's lovely!

Well I'm Sarah, I'm 20 and I'm from Northern Ireland. I'm going into my final year at uni this year (eeeep!) and hoping to be an accountant one day. I wouldn't say I need to lose weight, but I think if I get myself into a healthy way of eating at this age I'll abstain from yo-yo dieting in my later years! I used to be a gymnast but developed back problems and had to stop, so it's a lot more difficult to find exercise to do as opposed to having to go training a few times a week.

That's really all there is to it, I can't wait to see how this 6 week challenge goes for everyone!

Sarah :)
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Cathy(chipper).......................SW 239.2 lbs/ GW 235.0 lbs/ CW 239.2 lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
    Sarah (Saloule).....................SW 132.0 lbs/ GW 126.0 lbs/ CW 132.0 lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
    Laurie (Haismais).................SW 248.0 lbs/ GW 235.0 lbs/ CW 248.0 lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
    Kristin (kistinbee)..................SW 170.5 lbs/ GW 165.0 lbs/ CW 170.5 lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
    Sandy (izzypup)......................SW 185.2 lbs/ GW 179.0 lbs/ CW 185.2 lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
    Tracy ( frogy_98) .................. SW 220.0 lbs/ GW 214.0 lbs/ CW 220.0 lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
    BJ (momieof2).......................SW 295.0 lbs/ GW 290.0 lbs/ CW 295.0 lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
    Amy S (bahamom87)...........SW 270.2 lbs/ GW 265.0 lbs/ CW 270.2 lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
    April (aprilcan)........................SW 188.0 lbs/ GW 170.0 lbs/ CW 188.0 lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
    Kel (redneckwoman)............SW 154.0 lbs/ GW 147.0 lbs/ CW 154.0 lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
    Lindsey (LHuffman24).........SW 156.0 lbs/ GW 150.0 lbs/ CW 156.0 lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
    Molly (Mollybeslimmer).........SW313.0 lbs/ GW 299.0 lbs/ CW 313.0 lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
    Lorna (lulabellewoowoo) ....SW 141.8 lbs/ GW 138.3 lbs/ CW 141.8 lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
    Amy (amypyr)..........................SW 158.5 lbs/ GW 155.0 lbs/ CW 158.5 lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
    Lauryn (Phoenix_Rising).....SW 000.0 lbs/ GW 000.0 lbs/ CW 000.0 lbs/ PROGRESS lbs

Tiff (gonabfit)...........................SW lbs/ GW lbs/ CW lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
    B (its_B)...................................SW lbs/ GW lbs/ CW lbs/ PROGRESS lbs

I'll see about weighing in tomorrow. *hangs head*
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    evening.

what a day this has turned out to be.
    i meet with my broker this afternoon for 2 hours discussing my next move. calling people. i don't like calling people i don't know and try to get their business. and handing out 10 business cards a day. i don't see 10 people a day. i don't like being pushy.

ate good today. didn't eat enough protein, i will be hungry later. need to eat more protein at dinner.

well, off to look over some papers he gave me.

later
  • amypyr
    amypyr Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Whoo hoo!! I went running again tonight after a week off. I ran 3 tenths of a mile again! I was afraid I was going to back-track a bit since it has been a week. The last time I went a week without running, I did back-track. But I pushed myself a bit and ran about 5-6 feet further tonight than last week! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • gonabfit
    gonabfit Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Cathy(chipper).......................SW 239.2 lbs/ GW 235.0 lbs/ CW 239.2 lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
    Sarah (Saloule).....................SW 132.0 lbs/ GW 126.0 lbs/ CW 132.0 lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
    Laurie (Haismais).................SW 248.0 lbs/ GW 235.0 lbs/ CW 248.0 lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
    Kristin (kistinbee)..................SW 170.5 lbs/ GW 165.0 lbs/ CW 170.5 lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
    Sandy (izzypup)......................SW 185.2 lbs/ GW 179.0 lbs/ CW 185.2 lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
    Tracy ( frogy_98) .................. SW 220.0 lbs/ GW 214.0 lbs/ CW 220.0 lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
    BJ (momieof2).......................SW 295.0 lbs/ GW 290.0 lbs/ CW 295.0 lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
    Amy S (bahamom87)...........SW 270.2 lbs/ GW 265.0 lbs/ CW 270.2 lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
    April (aprilcan)........................SW 188.0 lbs/ GW 170.0 lbs/ CW 188.0 lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
    Kel (redneckwoman)............SW 154.0 lbs/ GW 147.0 lbs/ CW 154.0 lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
    Lindsey (LHuffman24).........SW 156.0 lbs/ GW 150.0 lbs/ CW 156.0 lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
    Molly (Mollybeslimmer).........SW313.0 lbs/ GW 299.0 lbs/ CW 313.0 lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
    Lorna (lulabellewoowoo) ....SW 141.8 lbs/ GW 138.3 lbs/ CW 141.8 lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
    Amy (amypyr)..........................SW 158.5 lbs/ GW 155.0 lbs/ CW 158.5 lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
    Lauryn (Phoenix_Rising).....SW 000.0 lbs/ GW 000.0 lbs/ CW 000.0 lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
    Tiff (gonabfit)...........................SW 157lbs/ 149 GW lbs/ 157 CW lbs/ PROGRESS lbs

B (its_B)...................................SW lbs/ GW lbs/ CW lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
  • amy36
    amy36 Posts: 11
    Options
    Tiff (gonabfit)...........................SW 157lbs/ 149 GW lbs/ 157 CW lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
    AmyS(Amy36).........................SW 211lbs/GW 199 lbs/ CW 211.00/ PROGRESS lbs

:sad: :sad: :sad: NOT HAPPY....but ready to make it to my goal!

I got up this morning and went for a walk! A good start. I am not really good with my eatiing right now. My kids are being watched by my mother in law for the summer. Well, she likes to go to the family beach house alot during the summer. So when she goes, my kids do. They have been gone for almost 2 weeks. We went and saw them for the 4th. They come Friday for 4 days and then leave again. We are doing horrible with our eating while they are gone. Going to need to change that quick like!

Welcome to a the newbies! :flowerforyou:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Lauryn and AmyS- No worries. That's why we make the challenges only six weeks. Gives us all a chance to erase the mistakes and start anew.

Amypyr - Awesome job on the running. Your endurance and stamina must be increasing. Keep it going girl.

Cathy - I have a hard time being "pushy" too. I realize a salesman is good when he truly believes in his product. You are such a helpful, loving person. If you think you can help someone, take that approach. Your sincerity and generosity will show through.

Tiff - We are on a roll...

B - WE MISS YOU GIRL!!! Hope you are having enough fun for all of us!

AFM:
    At my gym, for $10 a child, they were offering Kid Fit. For some reason, the past few months, my daughter seems preoccupied with her body image (she is almost 10 - but looks 12 with the normal baby fat). So I've been trying to encourage her to exercise and simply cut out 80% of junk food and portion control. But when I saw this KID FIT at our gym, I decided to let them give it a try. THEY HAD A BLAST! They were the only ones (my son is 8 and actually underweight, but lean). They did push ups, the instructor created an obstacle course, and they played dodge ball in the racquetball court. They came out dripping in sweat and smiling. Worth every single penny and definitely something I am investing in. Also going to get my girl on the treadmill too, just walking and letting her watch herself build her endurance at her own comfort without any competition other than herself. She has so much self-confidence and self-comfort that I hope the teenage years and societies view of "beautiful" doesn't take that away from her :(

Busy, busy day. Two students to teach the bible today, and my daughter has one. Then her and I to the gym. Then tilling and sodding my back yard (FINALLY). Possibly even roller skating later tonight...if I'm still standing.

I have had WAY TOO MUCH coffee this morning.. WHOO. Hope you all have an energetic day :)

Lots of hugs
  • chipper15173
    Options
    good morning.

not doing to bad. didn't have any calls to make. they all had reasons of no contact. he wanted me to start in the towns i know. i will be slow at this. but, that's ok. moving on.

let's see todays thoughts.....
    does it make you feel better to eat your feelings? some say yes, some know better. as kristen found it was better to run like the wind compared to eating. (happy anniversary kristen). it made her feel better, it didn't show on the scale, it didn't cause any harm. it helped everyone around her, she wasn't angry, bitter, snapping. i know it is a "feel good" at the moment thing. but, in the end do you feel good? no. you feel like a failure, you feel angry, the list goes on. who did it hurt, you and everyone else around you. you snapped at people, you took your anger out on them. when you did it to your self. anger opens up other bad feelings and lets the demons in.
    this is why we need outlets for our anger, running, walking, punching bag, what ever makes you feel better besides food.

i am a planner. i will plan a conversation ahead of time. i am working on just going day by day. cause that conversation may never happen. thinking about it will make it happen. i struggle with this daily. i am getting better at it.

so, i want y'all to have a great day. i will. i am off to get a shower and some work done. today is a slow walk on the treadmill and watch my soap at the same time, or read, or computer. i will find something to pass some time while i walk.

later.
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Just have to say WOW...look at this list!!! SO complete!!! YAY!!! Let's stay with it girls!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Molly (Mollybeslimmer).........SW 313.0 lbs/ GW 299.0 lbs/ CW 313.0 lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
    Tiff (gonabfit)...........................SW 157.0 lbs/ GW 149.0 lbs/ CW 157.0 lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
    AmyS(Amy36).........................SW 211.0 lbs/ GW 199.0 lbs/ CW 211.0 lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
  • mollybeslimmer
    mollybeslimmer Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    good morning Ladies!! <3
    well yesterday was a lot of disappointing excuses to not eat right-too hot-beyond hot it sucked the engery right out of me,no one else wanted to cook..on and on..Ended up going way over the diet calorie count(800)
    ..............BUT today is a new day.
    This morning begun measuring out everything and was amazed by how much I was off.For the past 3 weeks I have been sitting idle waiting on my insurance to approve the physical therapist I chose and today I am just going to get off my butt and do something ,walk around my hill (I live in the mountains) I have horrible low back pain and to my surprise after a much needed MRI discovered 2 bulging discs and a third starting among a few other lovely things.hips blah blah..I dislike pain pills(been that routine and did not like it) and fibro is easing and can't take lyrica.Found taking 2400 mg fish oil and flaxseed oil helps more.

So ladies !! let's all hang in there and enjoy life and shed these pounds away.

one new mini goal=get a haircut and color tint to my new graying strands.
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Good morning! Hope this post finds you all well!! Can't believe it's already Thursday!!

Cathy...THANK YOU! I know I did make a good decision to run out my frustrations the other night. It really does make me feel good-at the moment and in the future. And I did get in a great workout last night instead of going out for an anniversary dinner (although I didn't end up running-it was SO stinkin humid out). But I totally agree with you. So many of us turn to food to make ourselves "feel better" but in the long run, it's quite the opposite...it make us feel worse about ourselves. It makes us angry at ourselves. So why do we keep doing it? Because we think it's what makes us feel better. It is a HUGE step when we realize that it does NOT make us feel better. And I think that is the turning point for a lot of people. That is when many of us can break free of that habit, and learn to cope with our issues in a more productive way. I, for example, run. It releases endorphins and makes me feel better! And mentally I know that it's helping my body, rather than hindering my goals.

Amy(pyr)...Yay for running!! Good for you getting right back into the swing of things after vacation! I hope that I can do the same. I'm going to Canada July 17th-24th and am hoping that when I get back, I can quickly return to what I've been doing!! Way to go!

Lorna...KIDFIT sounds fun! I hope I can find something like that around here for Kadence when she's bigger!!

Everyone else...HELLO!

AFM: Had another good night last night! Didn't do anything special for our anniversary, but no biggie. Did Shred day 15 level 3. Can really feel those muscles working!! My Abs are still on fire this morning!! (Yay...I still have abs in there somewhere!!)

Plan for today:
    B-Multigrain cheerios, skim milk, coffee, sugar free creamer
    S-Kashi TLC Baked Apple Spice bar, banana
    L-Lasagna (friend is bringing today), baby carrots, light yogurt
    S-Braeburn apple
    D-Ground turkey, corn, carrots, red potatos...all cooked together...YUM!
    S-Kashi TLC Pumpkin Walnut bar (While seing Eclipse with some girlfriends...YAY!!!!)

Exercise-Shred day 16 level 3 and hopefully a quick run before having to get ready to go to that movie!

Have a great morning all!!
  • LHuffman24
    LHuffman24 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Uh-oh... Carry-in lunch today at work! I brought a delicious green salad with walnuts, craisins, mandarin oranges, and feta. BUT, I'm sure my co-workers didn't go so healthy... I know our 83 year-old receptionist is bringing in her famous chocolate cream pie later. Lord help me and wish me luck as I try to resist that temptation! :)

Amy(pyr) - I started running about 5 years ago, and I was definitely in the same boat as you. I started slow and did a minute of running, 2 walking, back and forth. It looks like you're already up to about 3 minutes of running? That's great! Within a year, I was able to complete a half-marathon, and the next year a full marathon (which I will never do again!). I don't know what your goals are, but keep it up! It's totally worth it!

Kristin - I saw Eclipse on Saturday with my husband (we've seen all 3 movies together, and he actually asked me when we were going to see the newest one before it even came out...). It was definitely the best of the three so far! A little slow in some places, but good!

Well, have a nice day everyone! I guess I'll be running A LOT at the gym this evening after having that pie... Maybe I'll just have a tiny piece. We'll see how that goes!
  • chipper15173
    Options

I totally agree with you. So many of us turn to food to make ourselves "feel better" but in the long run, it's quite the opposite...it make us feel worse about ourselves. It makes us angry at ourselves. So why do we keep doing it? Because we think it's what makes us feel better. It is a HUGE step when we realize that it does NOT make us feel better. And I think that is the turning point for a lot of people. That is when many of us can break free of that habit, and learn to cope with our issues in a more productive way. I, for example, run. It releases endorphins and makes me feel better! And mentally I know that it's helping my body, rather than hindering my goals.

exactly that's it. hit nail on head. i am in the middle of rounding that corner now. i hope to finish rounding it and not going backwards.

later, need to get to work on clearing my desk.
  • amy36
    amy36 Posts: 11
    Options
    I am for sure an emotional eater! I have the hardest time with it! I have always known I am not alone.....just need to train my brain into not thinking that way!

Got up this morning and went for a walk. This is day 2. I hope this leads to better eating choices. Right now I am super duper water retentive. It supposed to be 100 today...that is unusual for Portland Oregon. I dont like heat.

Goal today and the rest of this week: getting in my water. I used to be so good at water. Even that fell off the wagon! LOL!

Have a great day today! :flowerforyou:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Molly (Mollybeslimmer).........SW 313.0 lbs/ GW 299.0 lbs/ CW 313.0 lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
    Lauryn (Phoenix_Rising).....SW 165.4 lbs/ GW 160.4 lbs/ CW 165.4 lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
    Tiff (gonabfit)...........................SW 157.0 lbs/ GW 149.0 lbs/ CW 157.0 lbs/ PROGRESS lbs
    AmyS(Amy36).........................SW 211.0 lbs/ GW 199.0 lbs/ CW 211.0 lbs/ PROGRESS lbs

Current weight: 165.4 :frown:
    Weight loss left to goal: 30 lbs :frown:
    30 x 15% = 4.5 lbs
    GOAL = 5 lbs loss, 160.4 lbs

sigh. I'm hoping I can do it this time. Back for personals later.
  • Haismais
    Haismais Posts: 26
    Options
    Hi everyone.

No ballroom dance last night. The instructor is on vacation so today I am draggin' my waggin'. With this HOT weather I find it hard to get motivated.

But today is another day. I must move forward.

Lindsey - I know how you feel about those food events at work. There are always so many temptations and so few good choices. Good Luck. Your salad sounds wonderful.

Laurie
  • bahamomma87
    bahamomma87 Posts: 164
    Options
    CAthy --- you are so right girl !

Kristin--- I am so beyond proud of you ! YOU ROCK !

Laurynn- YOU CAN DO IT ! ... i know you can ! ....... XO

Amy(pyr)---- WOOHOOOOOO for runnin the part of the mile ! so proud of you !

Lorna- thinking of ya !

Laurie-- Awwwwww it is hot ! down here in the bahas ... it is STIFLING ! .... We can do it though

Lindsey -- I will pray that temptation doesnt hit .... or if you have the cals ... just eat little TEENY slice .... sometimes indulging in SMALLER portions... will help you stay on track !!!!! OR just STAY clear of that nice old lady with the pie ! LOL xo

hello to everyone !!!!!
  • izzypup
    izzypup Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Lindsey- I agree with Amy! Sometimes when you want something eat only 1/4 - 1/2 of what you would normally. You kinda ween yourself off of it. I still eat some things that I shouldn't eat, but I don't eat it as often.

Lauryn- I am rooting for you!

Cathy and Laurie- I used to be an emotional eater. It was tough. I would get upset and think what the heck.... who cares. At least It the food makes me feel good. It took a long time to get through that but I did.

Amypr- I look forward to being able to run again. I miss it.

Getting ready to watch my gd Ella. She should keep me busy this evening.

Sandy