what do guys really think?

Options

Replies

• SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Meh, who cares what anyone else thinks. Just do you.

QFT!
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options

yes.

I didn't think that word was in your vocabulary.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    I'd be thinking, "WTF are you doing in my garage?!". But honestly I could care less, I enjoy seeing people of all shapes, sizes, abilities, and ages trying to better themselves.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    As a big girl who braves the weight area I will say that I worried about this in the beginning.
    Are they laughing at me?
    Am I doing it right?
    Am I wasting my time?

But then I started to notice that I was practically the only girl in the room, and that made me feel pretty good. AND I keep going back. And now the "bros", the regulars, give me the head nod or a smile when I walk in. So just fake it til you make it and don't worry about what the people think.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    There are other people in the gym???
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I am not a guy. But, I did spend some time in a gym waaaaaaaaaaaay back. I never got treated horribly and I was huge(not as big as I am right now, but really big) , usually people just nod to each other when they are moving from machine to machine. I was really jealous of girls that could lift more than me, so there might be some guys that are jealous of women who can lift more and that's not uncommon for big girls to be able to lift really heavy.
  • Sharkington
    Sharkington Posts: 485
    Options
    I am sure most guys, even if they aren't necessarily checking some women out, don't feel that they are a waste of space. You'd have to be a pretty negative, mean person to think that. Guys, like women, aren't going to be attracted to everyone - some don't bother checking any women out (whether or not they are what you deem hot), and some are only checking to see if women are checking THEM out. Whatever the case, the answer to your question really shouldn't matter since you are there for you, right? :)
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I'm not a guy, but I feel SAD when I see a girl of any size on the treadmill or elliptical (or insert any other cardio machine here) from the time I arrive to the time I leave. I don't care what her size is, I just hope she is educated on the benefits of cardiovascular exercise and not spending hours sweating it out because she doesn't know any better or she is afraid to be a strong, fit, female. I get excited and want to high-five the larger women at my gym who do any kind of strength training and I ALWAYS say a word of encouragement to any woman in the free weight area and usually stalk and befriend any lady who uses a barbell (as long as her form is good, of course :laugh: ).

Be you. Be confident. Be strong. Get healthy.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,672 Member
    Options
    More guys get aroused by dudes lifting some crazy *kitten* poundages in the gym, than looking at girls. Gym time is male bonding time. So don't worry about what they're thinking.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    This post reminds me of Barney Stinson on How I Met Your Mother. "Investing" or paying attention to the less than fit girls so that when they are fit, they think the guy has a heart of gold. Then it. is. on!

One of my personal favorites from the Playbook.
  • suv_hater
    suv_hater Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I'm not gonna lie.... you asked the question so I am going to be completely honest....

Whenever I see a big ol' girl at the gym I wonder what she is sweating out "down there". We all sweat from the butt BUT I am fascinated by big booty girl sweat. I wonder what the findings would be if it were studied in a lab? How much usage will she get out of THOSE tights? Is Tide detergent READY?

Just nasty stuff I think of.

Also, most big girls I see at the gym look very frustrated working out. They try so hard but don't look enthused. There are people at the gym who look like they're in the zone, there are some who are just there to get it done (and they will because they look committed), and then there are those who you look at and go, "They ain't gonna last". I hope they prove me wrong because it's not like I have money riding on it or anything, but that's what I think when I see big girls at the gym.
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I'm not gonna lie.... you asked the question so I am going to be completely honest....

Whenever I see a big ol' girl at the gym I wonder what she is sweating out "down there". We all sweat from the butt BUT I am fascinated by big booty girl sweat. I wonder what the findings would be if it were studied in a lab? How much usage will she get out of THOSE tights? Is Tide detergent READY?

Also, most big girls I see at the gym look very frustrated working out. They try so hard but don't look enthused. There are people at the gym who look like they're in the zone, there are some who are just there to get it done (and they will because they look committed), and then there are those who you look at and go, "They ain't gonna last". I hope they prove me wrong because it's not like I have money riding on it or anything, but that's what I think when I see big girls at the gym.

Ewww. :sick:
  • Jackson4590
    Jackson4590 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    The only thing I notice is if their pants are riding up high and giving them a wedgie!
  • ChefTJP
    ChefTJP Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I would never ever make fun of someone trying to better themselves. It takes tremendous courage to workout in front of people that are in better shape than you. At the end of the day do it for you, who cares what other people in the gym think.
  • glennstoudt
    glennstoudt Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    The gym doesn't require much thinking, just work. So I don't think much there and focus on the work. That pretty much eliminates judging other people for whatever reason they may be there.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Two things: 1.) most men go there to workout hardcore, not socialize. Keyword: most.
    2.) men like women. All women. Fat ones, thin ones, it doesn't matter. Everyone has their preference believe it or not. Matter of fact I know a few guys who WILL NOT date "thin" or even what I consider "thick" women.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options

My butt does not sweat. Just FYI. Also, you're kind of weird for thinking of swamp crotch.
  • goldiejoe
    goldiejoe Posts: 121 Member
    Options

Almost like people!

Almost :P
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I would never ever make fun of someone trying to better themselves. It takes tremendous courage to workout in front of people that are in better shape than you. At the end of the day do it for you, who cares what other people in the gym think.

^^^ Real Man