Tea addicts unite

Options

Replies

• VickiDiane22
    VickiDiane22 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I can't name all the Teas I've tried right now my favorites are Bigelows Constant Comment a Spiced Chia. There is a tea shop in one of our malls and I just love going there and sampling
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I love the Bigelow teas. Cinnamon Stick is my favorite, hot or cold.
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    My favorite tea in the universe is Republic of Tea's Blackberry Sage. It's a black tea blend.

I take all my tea plain. No sugar, no nonsense (unless I need an iced chai...)

I'm actually allergic to green tea. It's so weird, considering it's the same plant as the black and white teas I drink, but I even got the scratchy throat after a few bites of green tea creme brulee. And it's my only known food allergy.
  • zonah
    zonah Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    What's your pick me up tea? Chia Green Tea
    Bedtime tea? Sleepy TIme tea
    Favourite type of tea? Tazo Chia
    Loose leaf? Herbal Medicinal, usually fennel, ginger or peppermint.
  • KettleTO
    KettleTO Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Since joining MFP, my challenge has been to drink more tea without (soy) milk as I realised how quickly the milk adds up.

Bedtime tea? some kind of tea latte
    Favourite type of tea? right now, I really like the Coconut Oolong from David's
    Loose leaf? almost always

Favourite cheap tea (bags) - for those of you in Canada check out the President's Choice Chocolatey Chai Herbal Tea
  • Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I buy a loose leaf local version of the zen tazo tea from starbucks... it's a lemongrass lime green tea... it just makes me happy and its lively.
    I generally stick to chamomile at night... warm things always make me feel full
    I like dandelion tea for detoxing, but it's not a lovely taste

That local loose leaf sounds good (do you ice it? Sounds like it would be good iced).
    Not a fan of dandelion! I left it in my mug for a couple days once and it went moldy!
    I don't ice it on purpose, but if I forget about my cuppa, I drink it cold later and it is good.
    I learned a lesson about breastfeeding and mint (moderation!) so I don't drink it by the gallon. (forgot that it is green peppermint lime lemongrass tea
  • nobleammonite
    nobleammonite Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of chai in the morning! There's a tea shop sort of near me that does an amazing smoked lapsang souchong/yerba mate chai blend (called Short Sands Chai, after a local beach). Nnnnnnng, so delicious. They also do a vanilla rose chai that tastes divine with honey. My favorite to drink cold is Tazo Passion (or any hibiscus/rosehip herbal, I guess). I like green too but I don't have any right now - I'll have to fix that!
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I recently became a tea addict myself :)

My local Costco sells these awesome tea sets every so often; total variety of different teas that taste so delicious. Actually at the moment I'm drinking Peppermint Rose. My utmost favorites are that one, Chamomile, Earl Grey (in the morning), green tea, and lemongrass with just a tiny dollop of honey...mmmmm!

I generally prefer loose leaf tea, but any tea is better than none!

Edited to add: I only like hot tea.
  • LauraAmy1983
    LauraAmy1983 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I normally have my tea white with 1 sugar and it helps me thru any crisis or bored times ;-)
    But since trying this detox and cutting out dairy and sugars I've found a weak early grey with almond milk has enough sweetness and flavour to keep me satisfied
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    White tea! Loose leaf.
  • Tuala42
    Tuala42 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I live on cheap decaf black tea with stevia. My husband and I go through about a gallon a day, though he doesn't add the stevia like I do. When I want hot tea, lately my favorite has been Bigelow's vanill chai, so yummy. I've had a hard time finding any other herbal teas that I like, just give me the cheap black tea and I'm good to go.
  • x_JT_x
    x_JT_x Posts: 364
    Options
    I have about 40 different teas at the moment....does that make me an addict? LOL I drink them all day long. Current favorites are Hot Cinnamon Spice, Tillul and Darjeeling from Harney & Sons, Vanilla Almond from Republic of Tea, Bedtime Blend from Twinings and Tumeric Ginger from Republic of Tea.

But, like I said, I have about 40 different flavors at the moment so I change them up often.
  • katellanova
    katellanova Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Always iced and unsweetened. Trader Joe's has a yummy mango black tea. Going out this weekend to go on a ten spree at a local store.
  • Saucy_Yoda
    Saucy_Yoda Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    What's your pick me up tea? Cacao mint black tea from Teavana
    Bedtime tea? Tazo's Rest tea. It's light tea with a citrus-y and flowery taste. Really calming.
    Favourite type of tea? I like green teas, usually infused with some other flavoring.
    Loose leaf? I'm a newbie to loose leaf. I think I may be doing something wrong because the flavor is really muted, even with 2-3 times the recommended amount. I bought Carribean Calypso Mate and Spring Morning Green Tea. They smell amazing, but no flavor. :ohwell:
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Have you tried PG Tips with a nice chocolate digestive! oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh that's livin!

Digestives are AWESOME! Chocolate-even better.
  • crlyxx
    crlyxx Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I drank loose-leaf tea for a while because I got caught up in a sort of fad, really xD. I still have some, but I rarely reach for them. Most of them are from Teavana. I love their Chateau Blanc flavor! It tastes similar to white grape juice.
  • MA_B
    MA_B Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Yorkshire tea teabag - left to brew a little while with just a splash of milk - just to take it off the black!

In one place I worked the girl who made the tea used to ask if we wanted tea based on a stockings colour chart - very milky was ecru, 'normal' amount of milk but stronger was tan and mine was known as barely black!
  • EHisCDN
    EHisCDN Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I heart tea. Of all kinds. Any time.

What I drink really depends on my mood. I tend towards English Breakfast with a bit of milk while at work, but drink Lapsang Souchong, Chinese white tea, yerba mate or jasmine tea at home. Sometimes I make real Indian chai with milk, boiled on the stove.

The only tea that I really don't like is obnoxiously fruity tea.

I think you and I have similar tastes in tea. My absolute favourite is English Breakfast (I drink one every morning with 2 milk and 1 sugar). I really don't like fruity teas, which is why I don't like teavana very much. I was so devastated when teaopia changed to teavana and most of my favourite teas were discontinued.
    Lapsang Souchong is such a distinct flavour, I always describe it as a tea that tastes like camping. I can't think of another way to describe it!
  • xjmcx
    xjmcx Posts: 27
    Options
    I Love tea!
    My current favourite is Twining Infusions - Camomile, Honey and Vanilla :)
  • Cyclingbonnie
    Cyclingbonnie Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I'm actually easy to please ...

For Iced Tea - Luzianne
    For Hot Tea Morning - Bigelow Vanilla Chai
    For Relaxation - Earl Grey