Women - favorite fitness clothing?

Options

Replies

• Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=53935&vid=1&pid=810761002 Those are the old navy ones I wear and they're pretty high in the waist (several people even mention it in the reviews) so they definitely stay up.

hmm - funny that compression leggings would be so different from compression capris. These are the ones I'm having a problem with:

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=53935&vid=1&pid=330686072

I like the way they look, and honestly they're pretty comfy, so I just make sure I only wear them on running days. The weird thing is they feel and look almost the exact same as my precious Nike ones, but they just won't stay up while I jump and dance in Zumba *shrug*.

Maybe I just have an abnormal body shape :tongue:.

Edited to add: Just read the reviews online. Apparently I'm crazy. No one else on the interwebs is having this issue.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options

Edited to add: Just read the reviews online. Apparently I'm crazy. No one else on the interwebs is having this issue.

I was gonna tell you my friend was wearing those exact pants during our run tonight and she loves them but I figured that wasn't helpful. lol Maybe you could try going down a size? I'm 5'6", 174 lbs and wear a medium, which I thought was too small for me but they fit great. A lot of people say they're true to size but ON seems to vanity size quite a bit.
  • AnnaMolly17
    AnnaMolly17 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    LULULEMON, hands down! It's so addicting!
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    I came here for Yoga pant pictures and am thoroughly disappointed... :sad: :wink: :grumble: :laugh: :laugh:

I bet you're a real gas at a party. :huh:

I used to do the cheaper pants, but you really do get what you pay for. I love Lululemon, Athleta, some VS when I doing a lot of floor work and don't care if they get trashed. I haven't tried Lucy yet, but I'm thinking about it. I'm starting to get this way for tops too. But for now I have my sports bras (no pics for the creepers lol ) and a cheap Walmart danskin tank over it. The tanks are like $4 each, so you can get one in every colour. The problem is they sell out fast in the season, so get them when you see them.
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Athleta, now that my size isn't changing. I get stuff from Title Nine too.
  • paige_eloise
    paige_eloise Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I have full length running tights, and usually just wear a baggy top - I tend to spend more money on tights and trainers.
  • CharlotteAnneUK
    CharlotteAnneUK Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I used to get baggy jogging bottoms from cheap sports shops like JD, I used to say you would NEVER catch me in lycra! Now I will only wear lycra unless I am on the exercise bike at home, and then only because I want to get some use from the cheap joggers I bought. It is the most comfortable and descreet for sweat patches! does not matter make / brand, although I have noticed that most of my stuff, shoes, bottoms, gym bag, shower shoes etc are Nike. The company I work for provided running tops which are great (NON IRON) so I wear those. If I knew how to attach a pic I would.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I have a couple pair of Nike Pro Combat capris that are comfortable and wear well. Think I got them both at TJ Maxx/Marshall's for $15-20. Favorite running bra is the Moving Comfort Phoebe. I'll buy any shirts as long as they're tech and comfortable (actually have quite a few I've collected from various races and training programs)--one of my current favorites is a Nike Dri-Fit, which is very soft. But brands are all over the place: Brooks, Saucony, Fila, Champion, New Balance, Under Armour--I shop sales so I can get name brand stuff at cheap brand prices.

I also swear by bike jerseys (also vests and jackets, depending on weather) when I want to run in a tech fabric item that actually has pockets. Very handy!
  • Crackers777
    Crackers777 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My personal favorite is capris yoga pants, tank top and my vibrams five fingers.
  • hebehrens
    hebehrens Posts: 55
    Options
    Thanks for all the great posts! Keep 'em coming!
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I wear a sports crop top with a drop arm hole tank over the top, and 3/4 pants :) it keeps me cool in classes
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I swearby lululemon pants/capris, Old Navy sports bras (seriously, they're the best thing I've ever worn) and any kind of cheap tank. I will buy tops at lululemon too, but only on sale.

I hate how much I love lulu, but like others have mentioned, I can't find anything else that stays up and in place during heavy cardio jumping/dancing, etc.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I generally buy Champion from Target or Old Navy stuff. Sometimes I get some things from Costco. I refuse to pay over $100 for clothes to sweat in. LOL
  • msrootitooti
    msrootitooti Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Another big fan of Old Navy Compression pants and they come in petite! Super big plus for me too.. I also have some New Balance.. shirts come from New Balance for the most part... sports bras from Old Navy and Target (I don't need much support :))
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I usually buy my workout gear at T K Maxx (I think you call it T J Maxx in the States?)

My favourite item at the minute is from MPG, and is a running top with long sleeves, including a little hole at the ends of the arms to hook your thumb through. They also have a small zipped pocket at the back, so I love the thought and design that's gone into it.
  • nicoleashley_24
    nicoleashley_24 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I went to Walmart the other day to pick up a pair of the Danskin pants/capris since I've heard good things about them but I did a fit test -- you know bend over, sit down, etc. -- and when I bent over I could easily see my underwear through the material (not pantyLINE, actual undies!). I don't know if the quality has gone down since any of you ladies bought this line but it's worth checking before you buy them!

With that said, I have to echo the Champion pants, love mine. I also love Under Armour but only buy it from sales, clearance racks, or outlets!
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Underarmour :)
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I get Victoria's Secret Pink cropped capris, Lululemon Ta-Ta Tamer sports bras, and Lulu tanks too. I'm obsessed with the Cardio Kick Lululemon tanks right now. Just bought three, haha.
  • aprmay
    aprmay Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I luv Athleta.
  • Roll_Tide_Meg
    Roll_Tide_Meg Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love my Victoria Secret yoga pants...they are my favorite...comfortable but fashionable as well. If I had the money it is the only thing I would work out in because I would buy drawers full of them.

When they are washing I usually just wear soffe shorts and a tank top.