Replies

• Hopelessone
    Hopelessone Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Great job
  • deannajf4
    deannajf4 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Love this!! I'm at 38 pounds down...so maybe that's one of those bags less a couple days of doggie breakfast! :)

Way to go on your loss!
  • Utahgirl12
    Utahgirl12 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Wow, who would have thought it! I bet you couldn't imagine carrying that for an hour let alone 24/7 now.

I love seeing pics l like this. Inspirational!

Lucy
  • Shauncho49
    Shauncho49 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    wow man, that's amazing! You look great! I can totally see the difference in just your face alone between the two pics. Great job and thanks for being an inspiration to all. :)
  • powrwrap
    powrwrap Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job! Forty pounds in four months, that's a real good pace. Love your visual representation (your dog is wondering what in the heck is going on!...) When I get done with my weight loss I'm thinking I'll stack up 30 lbs.of sticks of butter in a pyramid and photograph it.

I get encouragement from every one of these types of posts from guys that are looking to lose 20-50 pounds because that's my situation as well. Thanks for posting.
  • yankee_grl
    Options
    Instead of Kibbles n Bits you are now Kibbles n Fit!! Awesome job and great idea for the visual.
  • KevinS62
    KevinS62 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    .... I have a hard enough time carrying around a bag of dog food, and to think i was carrying that on my body?!!....whew!

Exactly! I thought of the photo-op, but while posing for the picture, I thought wow! Forty pounds is a lot of weight!
    Awesome and an eye opener to me as well. Are you planning to lose any more weight?

At 207 lbs, I just got from obese to just plain fat (overweight). :tongue: BMI table says I need to be at 173, but I'm not sure about that. I'll shoot for 185 for now and take a look at myself again.
  • EAPTX
    EAPTX Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! It must feel great to be so far along. I'll be excited when I reach half way.

I took my suitcase, which is always around 40 pounds, on the scale with me. It was amazing to realize that stinkin' heavy thing is how much extra pressure I was putting on my feet and legs. Looked more like the sack of dog food, though. Great visual!
  • KevinS62
    KevinS62 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    When I get done with my weight loss I'm thinking I'll stack up 30 lbs.of sticks of butter in a pyramid and photograph it.

I'd love to see that!
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Well Thank you! I actually needed that. I'm at 40 as well and it doesn't feel like all that much. Thank you for putting it in perspective!
  • Mrsfreedom41
    Mrsfreedom41 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing. I'm down 33 lbs. although it has taken me a lot longer than a few months (more like a year+) but I'm hoping to hit the 40 lb. mark sometime this year. Cudos to you for this amazing accomplishment.:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I love this!!! (aside from the brand of food) Great work!
  • Surisaddai
    Surisaddai Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Lol I love the dog! Great job :D
  • RhoKuc
    RhoKuc Posts: 2
    Options
    Awesome! Congratulations!!
  • DianeRD
    DianeRD Posts: 2
    Options
    Confused about exercise on My Fitness Pal...I increased my calories according to the exercise done per MFP recommendation. Problem is I don't lose weight doing this! Are others increasing the cals or ignoring the recommendation to increase??
  • pglaf
    pglaf Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    It's so crazy when you look at it that way. Really puts it into perspective. WELL DONE!!!!

40 lbs is a big milestone!
  • LoveCR22
    LoveCR22 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss! Your doggie seems to love what 40 lbs represent! :)

Keep up the great work!

LOL! They both do, but after taking this picture 2 weeks ago, I did some research and will no longer buy this brand. It's okay, but it's not the best. We got Alpo now.

Oh, and I think the Alpo is in 45 or 50 lb bags. Looks like I have something to use as another visual in month or two. :bigsmile:

Congrats! :flowerforyou:

*Off weight loss topic.. Alpo isn't actually any better than Ol' Roy
    For the most part they are both just a filler dog food with not a lot of nutritional value to a dog.

Check into Evo or Innova dog foods, will be higher priced but will give more nutrition instead of just fillers.
    If them brands are out of a comfortable price range just look to find a cheaper brand and try and avoid any that list corn or corn meal as the first ingredient.
  • cardinalsfootball
    cardinalsfootball Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Congrats, man. It's been fun watching it come off. You've been inspirational!
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this - I still have 80 to lose and so I have been bummed that I have only lost 40 in a year+. But when I look at that bag and think about how heavy that is - I am thrilled about my loss!
  • SlimSumday
    SlimSumday Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Well that certainly puts it into perspective. Good job!! :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!