How far do you drive to work

Options
124»

Replies

• classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    About 35 minutes each way. I spend about $30-35 a week! (love my Nissan Versa - stick shift!)
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options
    I drive/ RIDE about 45 miles each way .... about 5/6 days a week...

I drive any one of a few new VW/Audi models. Usually try a new one out every 6months ... My favorite is my 2013 Passat TDI SEL premium. Loads of room, and 40+ MPG ....And the TDI Golf gets better than that, but it is tiny ...

I have my GSXR 7/12 sprocketed so I get 43MPG @ 75-80mph, so it is just as economical on fuel as the V-dubs, but much more fun, and more maintenance.

And I don't know where you think we are getting gasoline for $2.99/Gal WDevy ..... but let me know where it is , please ....My bikes and the VW EOS only run on 93 octane, and it is over $4/gal, as is diesel fuel here where I am ....
  • trailtripper
    Options
    Vehicle: 2003 Toyota Tundra (Stepside)
    Milage to work: 17.2 mi
    time per trip: 1/2 hr (+ or - 5 minutes)
    average cost per month: $150
    # of fill-ups: 2 per month
  • Jaxie1231
    Jaxie1231 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Wow! I am happy to see I am in good company. I drive 30 miles each way but I drive to Los Angeles every day so it's about an hour there, an hour and half back, so 2.5 hours a day in the car. I have to fill up every 3 days, about 45 dollars each time. Like someone else said, people do what they have to do to work. I'm still trying to find a closer alternative.
  • lself0924
    lself0924 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I drive 1 1/2 hrs each way (3 hrs/day). I've been doing this for about six years, I used to enjoy the drive but not any more. Maybe part of the reason for that is my first company wanted me bad enough and gave me a gas card, now I pay for gas ($525 + per month). Also I put on about 50 lbs in that six years, another downside to the driving.

The drive can me great "me" time though.

I drive a Mercury Grand Marquis, I get about 22-24 mpg. I've driven smaller cars but it wears on my body, so the bigger car makes it tolerable. And BTW, Luxury cars get bet fuel mileage than ppl tend to think. If I slow down I get 26 mpg., my time is worth more that the gas I save.

Good luck!
  • xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    15 MILES ONE WAY .
  • Weezoh
    Weezoh Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    When I was a consultant the farthest I drove for a client was 90 miles or so - just over 90 mins. Most of the time my clients were about 45 miles away so just over an hour. Now i'm driving 150 miles at the beginning of the week and staying in an apartment while i'm moving.
  • UsaJewels05
    UsaJewels05 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Drive about 15 miles each way per day, fill up once per week and it takes about $35 to fill up my Corolla.
  • Stefanny91
    Stefanny91 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I Wish I could tell you, Im a freelance Photographer I drive everywhere, depends on what I have on that week, I have weeks where I do about 500 -600 miles and other where I do about 80, but last month I spend roughly £350 on petrol Lots of travelling
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I drive an hour to work, and an hour back. It's fun.
  • jacalennejax
    jacalennejax Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Considering a job change, but there is a considerable drive involved.

How many miles do you drive?
    What do you drive?
    What do you spend on average a week for gas?

This would be most helpful.

THanks

I drive about 3 miles each way to and from my main office. I use to drive about 6 miles to our other office before I was moved downtown permanently. This is really the closest job I have ever had besides when i did fast food in high school. I use to drive about 40 miles each way and taking at least an hour going with 2 different freeways.

I drive a 96 Mercury Cougar. I dont fillup my tank regularly, i just put gas as needed which is a bad practice I know but I cant spend myself to fill up a tank for 60 bucks. When gas here is 3.79 a gallon. However, because of other driving picking peiople up and dropping them off, I put gas every other day or SO. I usually spend at least 80- dollars a week on gas.
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    I work less than two miles from my home. It's great. I can ride my bike, if I want. I probably should considering that I have terrible road rage for the short amount that I drive. : )

A whole tank of gas is roughly $45 and lasts me 3 weeks.
  • MrsGriffin67
    MrsGriffin67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I only live about 0.9 miles from work. I started this job at the end of October and it was a crazy weather winter. I hope to be able to ride my bike to work this summer. As soon as the weather stabilizes I will pull the bike out of storage and give it a shot. I could probably make more money if I commuted but then I have to weigh the pros and cons of gas prices, time spent in the car, winter weather, etc. I will settle for a little less money without the headaches of driving.
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I drive 10.2 miles one way to get to work. I consider this too far.

I drive a Dodge Grand Caravan 2008.

I spend about 80 every week and a half.
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    60 km a day (38 miles) so about 1:10 a day
    Drive a Mazda 3 and it's costing me about $60 of gas a week because gas is expensive as hell here!!

( There was a line up at the pumps yesterday because the gas station near work was at $1,12.9/ L ( $4,28/ g) So US folks should stop complaining about your $2.99/g gas!! )

Our gas in California is always higher than anywhere else in the country. Currently were around $4.15 - $4.28 per gallon. So not everyone has it "good".