Ladies how much do you squat???

Replies

• Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    I'm up to 185. I'm very happy with that since I only weigh about 125. I will hit 200 this year, I just know it :drinker:
  • SpitfireStacey
    SpitfireStacey Posts: 158 Member
    I did Crossfit for 3 months before I had to quit. My 1rep max for Low Bar was 133# when I left.

i'm 5ft, 128lbs ish.
  • lglg11
    lglg11 Posts: 344 Member
    125# 3 x 8

Not sure of my heaviest 1 rep but I am curious to find out ...
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    My last 1RM was 195, should be over 200 since I've gone through another 5/3/1 cycle since then.
  • Wuggums
    Wuggums Posts: 339 Member
    One rep max at 215#, but working sets at 120# because that's the most my knees will tolerate at the moment
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Also the barbell kills my upper back where I rest it on. I am so sore this morning from the weight increase on the site I rest my barbell on. Does this get stronger or am I doing something wrong.

use a towel on the back of your neck honey it helps TONS! :bigsmile:
  • Kmsnomaha
    Kmsnomaha Posts: 167 Member
    I'm 5'3 139 lbs. I squat 115 3x8. I use a pad that wraps around the bar to cushion your neck/ shoulders. Don't know if I could do it without the pad.. Ouch!
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    ...the barbell kills my upper back where I rest it on. I am so sore this morning from the weight increase on the site I rest my barbell on. Does this get stronger or am I doing something wrong....

My gym has this thing called the Manta Ray that attaches to the bar and helps with this.

I am squatting about #165 right now, but I have always been pretty strong in the leg department after so many years of being the catcher & playing softball. I think my 1 rep max would be about #185 at this time.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    125# 3 x 8

Not sure of my heaviest 1 rep but I am curious to find out ...

This site has a 1RM calculator for those that cant, or dont want, to try for a 1 rep.

http://www.strstd.com/
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    I'm 5'8", 153, squat 140 # for 6 reps. I hope I hit body weight very soon!
  • wtw0n
    wtw0n Posts: 1,083 Member
    Last month I squatted 86.4-94.6kg, usually over 90kg (so that's 190.5-208.6lbs). This month I changed my workouts (more lifting) and decided to start from 76kg (167.6lbs). I add more weight pretty much every time, and yesterday I squatted 79.8kg (175.9lbs). I always squat 5 x 5.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    120, 5x5 at ~158lbs & 5'7"
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    ...the barbell kills my upper back where I rest it on. I am so sore this morning from the weight increase on the site I rest my barbell on. Does this get stronger or am I doing something wrong....

I am squatting about #165 right now, but I have always been pretty strong in the leg department after so many years of being the catcher & playing softball. I think my 1 rep max would be about #185 at this time.

Two notes. Are you "squishing" your shoulder blades together? When you do this, your muscle bunches up over your spine/shoulder blades and protects your back a bit better. Second, at such heavy weight (165) I think some bruising is inevitable. But bunching your shoulder blades should help a lot. I used to use the pad until I realized I was doing it wrong. Since I started bunching I haven't had any pain, or bruises. A lot more comfortable, and forces my hands to be upright and closer together. My .02!
  • kirabob
    kirabob Posts: 481 Member
    90 lbs 5 x 5, but I just deloaded from105 to fix a form issue.

I highly recommend watching Rippetoe coach the low-bar back squat - I have never felt uncomfortable with the bar following his guidelines.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kawBY5p29fQ
  • snooj
    snooj Posts: 69 Member
    I'm so jealous of all you ladies! I'm 5'3", 115 pounds, and can squat 6 reps of 85 pounds at most, and I've been working at this for a year now. My excuse is I've been in a caloric deficit the whole time. ;) Just wish I could stronger faster!
  • rosasharon
    rosasharon Posts: 38 Member
    i'm squatting 115lbs for 5x5 now - been stuck here for a while! i think it's a psychological barrier as i get close to squatting my bodyweight :)
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    5x145, to parallel, is my max. I weight 160.
  • cb83580
    cb83580 Posts: 136 Member
    Currently up to 165, usually for 5x5 or 5x6. That's a few pounds more than my current bodyweight :)

Front squat is less, though. Right now at 85 pounds.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    My backsquat 3RM was 165, I do have a 185 1RM, but have not tested it in ages. I can only do high bar BS because my shoulder mobility is limited.
    My FS 3RM is 133
    OHS 100.
  • leahartmann
    leahartmann Posts: 415
    I'm so jealous of all you ladies! I'm 5'3", 115 pounds, and can squat 6 reps of 85 pounds at most, and I've been working at this for a year now. My excuse is I've been in a caloric deficit the whole time. ;) Just wish I could stronger faster!
    5´4. 154 pounds and squats 72 pounds, 5x5 (StrongLifts.) I started last week, but am also impatient, Lol. For me, it sounds almost like a fairytale, when all these beautiful strong women tells how much they can squat.