I love egg sandwiches...

Options

Replies

• luckyinlove2
    luckyinlove2 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I like Sara Lee's 45 calorie bread and Pepperidge Farm 45 calorie oatmeal bread!
  • Mizpenguin
    Options
    If I have some whole-grain bread that's getting a little stale but is still good I'll toast it, cut up some avocado and spread it on the bread, then add my over-easy egg on top of the avocado. Soooooo good, especially with just a smidge of salt and pepper.
  • freddykid
    freddykid Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I use split top wheat and light mayo and a slice of american cheese. My wife likes to fry the egg and then add cheese with 2 slices of turkey and no bread. Both are delicious.
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    A sandwich thin maybe?
  • nhouse3417
    nhouse3417 Posts: 105
    Options
    I have recently been making egg whites, tomato, and avocado with a little cheese sandwiches. It is to die for. I have made them with wheat bread, bagel thins and just recently used a low carb wrap! Mmmmm!!! You can put some bacon on it as well.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I use the whole wheat sandwich thins too, and I liked to add spinach, tomato, mushrooms, sometimes ground turkey to my egg. I got this awesome little microwave egg cooker from Target that makes a perfect egg patty in 1 min, and you can toss all the toppings inside

A cereal bowl with a touch of cooking spray works just as well. I tend to nuke my eggs for 2 30-second bursts instead of the whole minute at once
  • lbtewksbury
    lbtewksbury Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Usually use the multigrain english muffins, but I didn't have any this morning so I used 2 slices of Ezekiel bread (160 cal.) and a slice of veggie cheese (40cal) . It's yummy and I agree with the other post , it keeps me full till lunch!:smile:
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    recently i started getting the bagel thins when they are on sale 3 for $6, if not then ill use whole wheat bread, 1 egg over hard unless im super hungry then two. with fat free cream cheese, salt pepper and avocado if i have any, red onion and romaine lettuce as well. om nom nom
  • jbbrannon
    jbbrannon Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Toasted Publix Italian Multigrain bread (2 slices)
  • meadowsmummy
    Options
    Cucumber :)
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I like to use a multi grain sandwich thin, lightly toasted.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I loooooooooooove egg sandwiches too. I like 100% whole wheat english muffins and the ezekiel sprouted grain english muffins. Avocado is the best, but also sausage, cheese, bacon...
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    What do you put your egg sandwiches on? I'm trying to find something healthier than your average English muffin...

I use whatever bread happens to be in the house. Usually it's Arnold's white wheat sandwich thins because that's what my husband likes and he eats more sandwiches than I.

What do you mean by "healtier"? English muffins are fairly healthy as far as breads go. If you want more fiber, you could get the whole wheat variety.
  • Stoli24
    Stoli24 Posts: 14
    Options
    If its available in your area, Dave's Killer Bread. It's probably the best tasting & healthiest (organic, no fillers, great ingredients) breads that I've found.
  • amerr
    amerr Posts: 190
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions! Time for me to take a closer look at my bread aisle. :)
  • ripemango
    ripemango Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    pretty much every1 has already contributed about diff kinds of bread for the sandwich.

i would just like to add that whatever you choose, try smearing some avocado on one side of your sandwich. they are SOOO yummy this way.
  • petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I just had an egg sammich!

I put mustard on mine.

Check out sprouted wheat or sprouted rye bread. and Mustard. because it's awesome.
  • terlyn20
    terlyn20 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    i use whole wheat bread or josephs flat bread. Walmart carries them and there are several varities ( high fiber, whole wheat etc )
    i like my eggs fried with cheese on top, scrambled with a little mayo on the bread or deviled eggs with chopped with celery/onions and red pepper. i love the josephs flat bread they are so large i cut them in half and make two or save it for later.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I only ever buy sandwiches readymade nowadays, but then again I don't eat them that often any more. Yesterday I purchased an egg and smoked salmon sandwich from Marks & Spencer :love:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat English muffins are awesome; I either use those or whole wheat toast. An egg sandwich is one of those things you don't really need to mess with.