Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What was YOUR motivation to start this journey ?

2»

Replies

• iiiEllie
    iiiEllie Posts: 224 Member
    Honestly put, I don't want to be fat in my wedding pictures, or be 250 pounds+ when I'm pregnant.
  • Akdn
    Akdn Posts: 121 Member
    Just look at my pic from January. If that didn't do it for me nothing would have.
  • workinprogress12_2
    workinprogress12_2 Posts: 110 Member
    My dad was diagnosed with kidney cancer. I started to ask myself if I was healthy enough to go through what he was going through. I wasn't. And at the time, I was serving in children's ministry and couldn't keep up with them. I had a heart to minister to the kids so I needed to change.
    So started my journey late 2010 and nearly 80 pounds later the kids are struggling to keep up with me! :laugh: :laugh:
  • littlewolf3785
    littlewolf3785 Posts: 2,592 Member
    I got tired of looking in the mirror and not liking what was reflected back to me. I decided back in february things were going to change for the better. Well they have, in the start of February I started my own Facebook page called Journey for Healthy Living and wanted to encourage others in their own journey walks along with mine. In march, I seen a friend from facebook was using MFP and looked it up and thought I will give it a whorl. When you join you have to log your weight, I didnt realize I had lost a few lbs since march. I was excited!! Now I make wiser decision about what I put into my body, I eat so much healthier. (i have some bad days every once in a while) I have not drank any pop for a month now and so far have lost a total weight of 10 lbs. I have a little ways to go but I know I can do it for myself instead of being that lumpy couch potato!!
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    want to be fit by forty
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    I'm a singer, and when my acid reflux got severe enough that I was having problems with hoarseness with singing, I said okay, I've gotta do something.
  • scarrletti_girl
    scarrletti_girl Posts: 479 Member
    Well there were many things! I got way too many stretch marks everywhere!!!!! My body disguists me. Plus I cant take it when someone takes my full body pic, i look so fat in pics taken by other people. Plus everytime i look in the mirror i dont even feel like my self. And when I bought clothes and a month later they wouldnt fit... so needless to say i got pretty damn tired of it. And i am only 19.

But I have already lost 8lbs and i already feel better. :) never going back!!!
  • stephaniethomas80
    stephaniethomas80 Posts: 190 Member
    Looking at pictures of myself back when I was smaller and wishing I was that way again. Now I'm smaller than I was in all of those pictures and its a wonderful feeling :)
  • My metabolism seems to be slowing down but I refuse to change clothing sizes. Superficial really - I have a lot invested in my clothes, so when they started getting really tight, something had to give, and it wasn't going to be my wardrobe! I don't have a lot I need to lose, just a few pounds, but I need to start taking better care of myself.
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    My doctor told me that I would die if I didn't lose wt. soon. I'd had a heart attack and open heart surgery at 44. Shortly after needed stomach and gall bladder surgery. Then I needed bladder surgery. I finally decided that enough was enough and I started losing wt. Since then I am off insulin and my blood pressure medications. My cholesterol is also normal.
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    The fact that my doctor told me I had high cholesterol
  • oldy76
    oldy76 Posts: 185 Member
    Seeing awful overweight photos of myself (I've got a before & after with one of them in my profile) which would make me cry.
    I just go so tired of feeling out of control and depressed so I decided one day that I had to put a stop to it. I'm so much happier now I don't even recognise myself and find it so hard to fathom how I got to that sad, sad place to begin with.
    All smiles here :bigsmile:
  • darwinwoodka
    darwinwoodka Posts: 322 Member
    Deciding I want to show off the muscles I've been building the last few years...
  • I'm getting married and I ordered the dress a size to small. ouch, yes! Amazingly it is not that much smaller then me but this is a good motivator to loose the inches. I am out to loose at least an inch and hopefully two inches in my hips and butt in the next 30 days. I am told it is very possible with good exercise and low calories. I am finishing week 2 and have lost 4 lbs and a inch off my hips. So far so good. I am needing another inch at least. The dress is still pretty tight. Am drinking slimming teas and have a wonderful belly wrap from Golds Gym that I found at WalMart that seems to be toning as I work out. 29 days till the wedding!
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    I went to try on wedding dresses and found one that I loved that didn't love me, I vowed to make that dress love my body!
  • proudmommy1003
    proudmommy1003 Posts: 329 Member
    I want to have a healthier lifestyle first of all and also because I wanna look good with and without clothes :-)
  • kappatit
    kappatit Posts: 9
    Emotional: past couple of months people were mistaking me for pregnant and offering me their seat on the subway. =*( Even if i wanted it, i refused. Even after the explanation the kind hearted woman had that she totally understand i was probably tired and swollen and to take her seat because she had just been there a few months ago.

Rational: The idea of another humid NYC summer and my thighs rubbing/chafing together, creating purple rash marks and intense discomfort in skirts.