Weight Loss with Heavy Lifting Success stories? Pics?

Options
niqua215
niqua215 Posts: 283 Member
Any success stories out there of people that's lost a significant amount of weight doing heavy lifting? I'd like to see some pics for motivation. I'll be starting on Sunday lifting weights at home. So far I've got a 20 lb Kettle bell and will be getting a weight bench and free weights tomorrow. I've got 100 lbs to lose and I'm ready. Any tips and advice would also be helpful.

Replies

• LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    These are my success pics with eating healthy and heavy lifting. I did some cardio too but I like to focus more on weights. If you browse the success stories forum you'll see tons of people who look awesome after lifting heavy. I've still got a little to go but I'm pleased with where I am so far!

tumblr_mhjz1kA5P01rcwc0wo1_1280.png
    tumblr_mhjz1kA5P01rcwc0wo2_1280.png
    i7kGLpnl.jpg
    tumblr_mj05jxlyi71rcwc0wo4_250.jpg

Edit: fixed pics
  • subconscious_ink
    subconscious_ink Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    bump to check out for later
  • subconscious_ink
    subconscious_ink Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    These are my success pics with eating healthy and heavy lifting. I did some cardio too but I like to focus more on weights. If you browse the success stories forum you'll see tons of people who look awesome after lifting heavy. I've still got a little to go but I'm pleased with where I am so far!

You look great! Are you in some kind of competition in one of those pics? It looks like you're on a stage.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options

You look great! Are you in some kind of competition in one of those pics? It looks like you're on a stage.

Yes, I was a contestant in a beauty pageant :O Thank you!!
  • StacieHof
    StacieHof Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • BarbellApprentice
    BarbellApprentice Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Any success stories out there of people that's lost a significant amount of weight doing heavy lifting? I'd like to see some pics for motivation. I'll be starting on Sunday lifting weights at home. So far I've got a 20 lb Kettle bell and will be getting a weight bench and free weights tomorrow. I've got 100 lbs to lose and I'm ready. Any tips and advice would also be helpful.

I am sure you realize this, but throwing out anyway.. Lifting weights does NOT cause fat loss. Create a calorie deficit to drop fat.
    The great thing about heavy lifting is that it allows you to maintain the lean body mass you have while you are on a calorie deficit.

So cut calories to lose weight and lift weights to get the shape you want.
  • sixisCHANGEDjk
    Options
    [/quote]

[/quote]
    [/quote]
    Yes, I was a contestant in a beauty pageant :O Thank you!!
    [/quote]

And you should have won (and likely did).
  • niqua215
    Options

I am sure you realize this, but throwing out anyway.. Lifting weights does NOT cause fat loss. Create a calorie deficit to drop fat.
    The great thing about heavy lifting is that it allows you to maintain the lean body mass you have while you are on a calorie deficit.

So cut calories to lose weight and lift weights to get the shape you want.

Yes I am following the calorie deficit suggested by MFP. 1840 cal daily goal.
  • niqua215
    Options

i7kGLpnl.jpg

Great success! You look awesome. Thanks for sharing.
  • CharleneExtreme
    Options
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I started lifting heavy about a year ago, some weight loss occurred in the 4-5 months prior to that and I did also do some cardio. My before pick doesn't show as much, but you get the idea. The pics on my profile have more.

BeforeampAfter-PB2-2-13_zps2f509212.jpg
  • StacieHof
    StacieHof Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I started lifting heavy about a year ago, some weight loss occurred in the 4-5 months prior to that and I did also do some cardio. My before pick doesn't show as much, but you get the idea. The pics on my profile have more.

Wow nice results..you look so fit!
  • kazmurphblin
    kazmurphblin Posts: 114 Member
    Options

i7kGLpnl.jpg

A figure to DIE FOR!!
  • andreae13
    andreae13 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I have lost about 10 more pounds since this picture and about 6 inches...still have about 8% more body fat and 20 more pounds I would like to lose but I really like what I'm seeing so far :bigsmile:

k9dpzeggzu.jpg
  • niqua215
    Options

Yikes! What a body. Motivation., thanks for sharing.
  • 13mjames
    13mjames Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • niqua215
    Options
    I have lost about 10 more pounds since this picture and about 6 inches...still have about 8% more body fat and 20 more pounds I would like to lose but I really like what I'm seeing so far :bigsmile:

k9dpzeggzu.jpg

Wow can I ask how much cardio you did and how much of a calorie deficit?
  • Mommylicous
    Mommylicous Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Bump to find later :) Great job everyone
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!