High Calorie Burn Workouts????

Options
13»

Replies

• NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    Zumba!! I have been doing it for 3 months along with walking and calorie counting. I've lost 20 pounds!! Once you learn the moves, it is so much fun and you can burn 500-1000 calories in a session. :smile:

Haha! So true!!! Keep it up girl!!! :happy:
  • lessofme150
    lessofme150 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I agree about getting a heart rate monitor. I used to record my "wii zumba" based on what the wii told me I burned and found out it was actually 1/3 of what I thought. I love Zumba and recently started doing Turbo Jam. Really get a sweat on with both. I don't record anything but what my heart rate monitor says. The harder you work, the more calories you burn. Good luck!
  • Jenna70
    Jenna70 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Tae Bo, Kickboxing, any of the Beachbody programs. These workouts all engage and strengthen more muscles throughout the body, especially the core, than just walking or running. Increasing muscle mass and becoming stronger is great for everyone no matter what sex. For any of these types of workouts if you have problems with your knees, ankles, etc all you have to do is modify some of the moves to low impact and keep on moving. I've been primarily doing Billy Blanks' Tae Bo Cardio video and it seriously works the abs! I found that many of his other videos are too fast/hard for me but as I get stronger and slimmer I will try them again.
  • meribethd
    meribethd Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    My favorite high calorie burn workouts are Turbo Fire and Les Mills Combat. But I work very, very hard doing them; if you take it easy, you won't burn as much. The high burns come from high intensity.
  • Yvee1
    Yvee1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Look into a heart monitor like others have mentioned. Hubby and I have an arm band by BODY MEDIA...WE LOVE IT. I can easily burn at least 1000 calories in one day when cleaning my carpet. That's not counting the walk/jog and other cleaning I did that day. You wear this all day and it tracks your activities:!walking, jogging, or just cleaning the house.

We paid $163.00!for ours.. There are two.. Get the higher priced one since you can sync it with your smartphone.

Best of all it syncs up with MFP!!
  • phjorg
    phjorg Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I can easily burn at least 1000 calories in one day when cleaning my carpet.
    you clean your carpet for about 5-8 hours???? Cause thats about the time you would need to put in to do that.
  • Aromabor
    Aromabor Posts: 1
    Options
    love spinnig - bought spinner fit bike some time ago which comes with DVDs - I love it!
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    crosstrainer (elliptical). LOVE it so much :)
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I always find that the second workout of the day really ups my heart rate. It gets much higher quicker, however that requires that I got my heart rate pretty high, or burned a lot of energy in the first workout.

that's really interesting! Never thought of trying that, but personally my heart rate jumps a lot anyway (thyroid stuff), I have trouble to stay under 170 when doing jogging/elliptical. I'll remember to suggest this to other friends though :)
  • acm130
    acm130 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Find something you love and keep challenging yourself, setting new goals for distance and pace. If you like walking, make the natural transition to running. Interval training is a great way to make the transition. So your next hour walk session try some 2:1 intervals, start out with walking 2 min then run a min, after a couple weeks change to running two minutes walking for one. Soon, you'll be running for an hour! For me, the burn is great but it's not the focus, doing things I love and consistently working towards new goals and incorporating fitness into my life is something I've committed to and the burn is a pleasant side effect:smile:
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I stated NROLFW and in stage 2 I am burning over 600 calories three times a week in about 90 minutes each workout. I love it!