Is it okay to eat 3 eggs every morning?

Options
I really like eggs, and i ussually eat 3 fried eggs with tomato beans every morning, it's about the only food i manage to eat in the mornings, no sandwiches no cereal no nothing, i just crave eggs when i wake up, the though of meat makes me throw up.. So is it damaging to my diet if i start the day with 3 eggs?

Replies

• Textmessage
    Textmessage Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Go ahead. No issues.
  • mommyof4adorablekids
    mommyof4adorablekids Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Eggs have a lot of cholesterol so you should watch that.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    Nope, your fine and in case your worried about the cholesterol, it improves the quality (less atherogenic) of those lipids.
  • sidegrinder
    sidegrinder Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I would worry more about what you're frying them in than about the 3 eggs themselves.
  • neanderthin
    Options
    I would worry more about what you're frying them in than about the 3 eggs themselves.
    Butter FTW.
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • mahanaibu
    mahanaibu Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Let's try some scientific information. The relationship between dietary cholesterol and blood cholesterol is complicated. This is a reliable source of what the science knows:

http://www.sciencenews.org/view/generic/id/7301/description/Reevaluating_Eggs_Cholesterol_Risks

Bottom line: There are bad things that this quantity of eggs MIGHT (or might not) do to your blood cholesterol, but also good things. And it's also quite individual. After reading this you might want to try your three eggs a day, but get a cholesterol test in 6 months or so and see how it's going. Remember that your cholesteral RATIO ("bad" cholesterol to "good" cholesterol) is a key number, not just the total cholesterol.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    Not at all. You will get way too muscular and attractive doing that.
  • mackemom
    mackemom Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    high cholesterol?
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options

we all need to eat cholesterol, just make sure to have a regular yearly or bi-yearly blood test. We should ALL do this to check levels and basic functions in our bodies anyway! I am having maybe 2 eggs a day, have never had problems with cholesterol.
  • neanderthin
    Options
    Let's try some scientific information. The relationship between dietary cholesterol and blood cholesterol is complicated. This is a reliable source of what the science knows:

http://www.sciencenews.org/view/generic/id/7301/description/Reevaluating_Eggs_Cholesterol_Risks

Bottom line: There are bad things that this quantity of eggs MIGHT (or might not) do to your blood cholesterol, but also good things. And it's also quite individual. After reading this you might want to try your three eggs a day, but get a cholesterol test in 6 months or so and see how it's going. Remember that your cholesteral RATIO ("bad" cholesterol to "good" cholesterol) is a key number, not just the total cholesterol.
    Decent article on eggs for a change. What are the bad things that eating 3 eggs might bring, curious as to your opinion.
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    FYI I eat 3 eggs and 4-8 pieces of bacon a day (Keto) and my cholesterol is better now than it has been the last 10 yrs.. eat what you like.. if it fits in your macros have 4 eggs :)
  • neanderthin
    Options
    Or move to one of the many Countries that doesn't restrict dietary cholesterol. :smile:
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I ate three eggs every morning, usually with something like bacon or sausage, a bit of veggies, and a handful of berries. I steadily lost fat and felt great.

I like to fry eggs in some sort of animal fat if I've got that hanging around (bacon grease, duck fat), if not, then butter is my next choice. If neither of those are available in my kitchen for some bizarre reason, then coconut oil.
  • neanderthin
    Options
    I ate three eggs every morning, usually with something like bacon or sausage, a bit of veggies, and a handful of berries. I steadily lost fat and felt great.

I like to fry eggs in some sort of animal fat if I've got that hanging around (bacon grease, duck fat), if not, then butter is my next choice. If neither of those are available in my kitchen for some bizarre reason, then coconut oil.
    Paleo/low carb?
  • mommamellymac
    mommamellymac Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    at least it isn't 3 krispy kremes every morning! there are worse things! Eggs fuel me so much in the mornings! I have a more productive day when I eat an egg! But I love to boil them...mmm, can't wait for breakfast now! I know what I'm having!
  • livingfortheone
    livingfortheone Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I really like eggs, and i ussually eat 3 fried eggs with tomato beans every morning, it's about the only food i manage to eat in the mornings, no sandwiches no cereal no nothing, i just crave eggs when i wake up, the though of meat makes me throw up.. So is it damaging to my diet if i start the day with 3 eggs?

I love eggs, but I eat egg whites and go without the yolk.
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Butter FTW.
    I prefer the bacon grease left-over from the bacon I fried to go with the eggs... but if I'm not having bacon, butter does just fine.

:smile:
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    No. Not an issue. Dietary cholesterol has very little effect on serum cholesterol except to actually improve the lipid profile in most cases.
  • WickedZoey
    WickedZoey Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    If I wasn't so lazy, I'd probably make 5 egg whites every morning. :)