Ladies how much do you squat???

Options

Replies

• caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5", 111 lbs and I'm currently stuck at 4x5 of 130 lbs. It's pissing me off but I leave on vacation soon so I will try and figure it out when I get back.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    I just started squats this week.
    I'm 5'5, 161 lbs. I squat 70 lbs. That's at 2 reps of 15.
    I'm hoping to bring it up to 75-80 in the next week or so...
  • leotardbanshee
    leotardbanshee Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    1RM is 110, 5'4" roughly 120 lbs. my goal is to squat my weight.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    105#, 5x5. Kind of pathetic considering how long I've been at it and my weight, but I'm forcing myself to work up super slowly with my resistance because of chronic back and hip problems.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I squat my bodyweight
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    55-70kg depending on reps.

Unsure what that works out to in lbs and too lazy to check
  • supermom061512
    supermom061512 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My heavy days are145 lbs.. that's at the gym. But on a normal day at home i use 45 lbs for more reps or my kids which equals 75 lbs... lol
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Today I did 245x4....but normally I can do 230-3x12. Quite impressive I think, but if we start talking about OHP, deadlifts or bench..yeah my numbers are crappy.
  • swinginchandra
    swinginchandra Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 5X8's at 75kgs right now. I think my 1RM is about 100kgs. I've been lifting since november(isn).

however, I was a gymnast growing up, and I'm a fairly high level competitive cyclist now, so I have the leg strength base, just working on getting those explosive fast twitch muscles.

pS, my goal is to squat 1.5x my BW
  • furenaef
    furenaef Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    My 1 rep max is 265lbs. I'm 5'6" and I weigh 181lbs.

I do Strong Lifts 5x5, and my working number is 175 right now (I lift alone most of the time, so I hate to go too heavy and get stuck).

e-stats of peace.
  • piggydog
    piggydog Posts: 322
    Options
    My max is right at 300

I do burn outs from
    100 up to 175 and back down usually
  • StephL0711
    StephL0711 Posts: 141
    Options
    125!
    Can't try my max, I'm using my husband as my squat stand haha
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I am doing 115 for 10 reps in the current step in the program I'm in and last night I accidentally loaded 2 25lb plates on each side because I was really in a daze and distracted about different things and I ended up doing 145 for a few reps before I realized it was kind of heavy haha. I'm not sure what my max is but I was able to do 145 for 3 reps.

Edit- Not that I think it matters but I'm 5'0 125 pounds
  • forwesgar13
    forwesgar13 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    awesome to see this thread ! Squatting 135 and proud of leg presses up to 220 . I've added a few people but if anyone would like to add please do . I'd like to have some like minded people on the list
  • mili5726
    mili5726 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I have never tried my max. I am sure my max is much higher than 110. I would like to test it out one day.
  • mili5726
    mili5726 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Is there a benefit to squatting your max. I know its usually one squat, but is there a purpose to trying to figure that out?
  • you asked about your shoulders hurting from the weight of the squat bar, the best way around this is to TRAIN YOUR TRAPS!! :D

also, its in the way you hold the bar. dont pull the bar down too much with your hands as you do reps, utilize all of your strength to keep the bars weight evenly distributed. Do exercises for your shoulders and biceps, the added upper body strength will make squats easier on your upper body and allow you to focus on legs.
  • it depends on your goal. go ahead and google search bodybuilding vs powerlifting, theres a difference in training methods for bodybuilders vs powerlifting. both types will gain strength, however bodybuilders focus more on aesthetics and making every muscle defined by methods of more sets of a smaller weight, powerlifters focus on ego and lifting the max. be careful with your max weight though, always have a spot. you can hurt yourself. you dont want to tear a muscle, tendon/ligament, or have equipment squish you!
  • bfridey
    Options
    That is very impressive! Well done to you!

I squat currently 70kg (154 pounds) free squat 3 sets of 10. After that I'm wrecked.

BUT factor in... I weigh 78kg (171 pounds)... so it's not quite what I weigh.. I don't see any guys at my gym being impressed with that LOL.

I believe you should think about the weight as relative to your own... if you can squat your body weight and you are small/petite, that's amazing!

I think that the Smith Machine is a bit of a danger, sure it helps you go heavier in the short term compared to free squats, but it restricts your technique & you can be prone to injury.

I'd love to see some tips on how to improve your squat weight... I can't find anything substantial anywhere.
    I'm just upping the weights by 5kg every 2 weeks and squatting every 2-3 days...

Best wishes with your training and to everyone!
  • BIRD0
    BIRD0 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I want to squat with barbells (and do other lifts with them) but, and I have no idea why, I am terrified of starting. I currently do 30 squats with a 10 lb plate in my hands, arms extended, and 30 squats with a 6 lb ball, above my head extended and then behind my head.

I want to ask someone at my gym to help me with using barbells, but I have this awkward problem of always sounding creepy when I talk to strangers.