I'm too fat, he's too skinny

Options
2»

Replies

• KatFierce
    KatFierce Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    shakes or smoothies are good ways to pack in extra calories without getting super full
    maybe add avacado or coconut oil peanut butter, nutella, a scoop of ice cream even and some frozen fruit
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    Adding Extra Virgin Olive Oil and nut to recipes is an easy way to add non-filling calories to any dish. You can make a mix of garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and oil or add nuts to to the oil. That way portions are not an issue.
  • paulajed
    paulajed Posts: 21
    Options
    This forum is not the appropriate place to get nutritional advice for him- you....yes.... him....no.....

please have his doctor refer you to a Registered Dietitian. These consults are covered by most insurance plans and are excellent resources- not just for the initial consult, but also to offer continued support long term.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    why don't you just eat less than him, or give him bigger portions? you can still make the exact same foods.
  • jen81uk
    jen81uk Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Cook the same. Just make sure it's fresh, unprocessed stuff and you'll be fine. My fella is only 14-20 lbs heavier than me and he's 6'2'' toned and I'm 5'7'' doughy :-/ . We eat the same for dinner, I often give him an extra scoop but he's not a big meal eater. He has more snacks as he prefers little and often. He plays ice hockey though and carb loads on those days but I just work in a pasta dish to my calories those days. Just give him an extra spoon or let him snack on nuts etc if he isn't a fan of lots of food like mine. xx
  • jen81uk
    jen81uk Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I didn't read this properly first time round... Ask a professional and work in recepies that you can both eat. Find out what foods are good for him as eating pie and ice cream seems an odd way to put weight on and I can't imagine dr recommended. He will just keep wanting this and this could be detrimental to you. See a nutritionalist for his condition, when my step dad was diagnosed diabetic we went to see a nutritionalist and silly foods could be bad for him, certain potatoes, bread, sugars, certain fats, so my mum change certain things like switching to new potatoes, sweet potatoes and utterly butterly. Seek advice, that's the best advice I have. x