I Know I Didn't Eat 52,500 Calories and Other Questions

Options
2»

Replies

• dianamatienzo
    Options
    What would you recommend for macros? I thought 40/30/30 was kind of the go-to? And I actually do weigh out a lot of my food haha. I weigh meat/poultry, use measuring cups and things for nuts and trail mixes, and measuring spoons for peanut butter and dressings.

And I've been behaving on the binging front, fortunately! Hopefully this won't jinx it!

Did you change your macros? They seem good now that I look at your diary :P hahaha And that's good! It's best to weigh out things as much as you can, for accuracy :) I weigh EVERYTHING; even eggs, bread slices, and any little snack that could be measured in cups.

I'm glad to hear that! I know it's hard; believe me. I have a serious problem! :P
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    all i can say is within 1 day i flecutuate 7.5 lbs.....
  • esphixiet
    esphixiet Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I had chicken wings last night and promptly gained 3 lbs "overnight" despite still being under my caloric target. Salt intake can cause the scale to go haywire.
  • GKoz004
    GKoz004 Posts: 87
    Options
    I had chicken wings last night and promptly gained 3 lbs "overnight" despite still being under my caloric target. Salt intake can cause the scale to go haywire.

My sodium intake is usually pretty under control, I rarely go over 1800. And I know the whole weight fluctuating thing, but it's been weeks, I think it would have leveled off haha
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Have you tried exercising more? Moderate exercise is great for your health, but will do nothing to help burn fat until it gets into the more vigorous category. Go for breathless and sweaty when you do cardio. Also consider adding in resistance training to add in some muscle, too.

Your metabolism could be slower than average, as well. If that is the case, then you need to eat at maintenance for several weeks to get your metabolism back to normal, then cut calories so that you can burn the fat.
  • GKoz004
    GKoz004 Posts: 87
    Options
    Have you tried exercising more? Moderate exercise is great for your health, but will do nothing to help burn fat until it gets into the more vigorous category. Go for breathless and sweaty when you do cardio. Also consider adding in resistance training to add in some muscle, too.

Your metabolism could be slower than average, as well. If that is the case, then you need to eat at maintenance for several weeks to get your metabolism back to normal, then cut calories so that you can burn the fat.
    I usually only burn around 200 calories a day. I use the elliptical on a moderate resistance for about 20 minutes, and my Polar FT4 is usually between 140-190 burned, so I figured this is "lightly active". If I work out more, don't I have to eat more? Or should I just work out more and net much less? I am trying to eat more, but the more I eat, the more I gain. I increased calories (slowly), and I'm gaining.
    I used to be able to drop weight no problem, I don't know where this problem came from!