How much do you spend on groceries?

Options
12346»

Replies

• emilybaun
    emilybaun Posts: 52
    Options
    Family of 6: $500 every two weeks.. Include incidentals such as shampoo, body care... I the only person in my family who eats healthy as well.
  • artex1024
    artex1024 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Roughly $50/wk for my 4 year old and I.
  • josh0208
    josh0208 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I spend about $100-150 a week for a family of 4 (me, hubby and 2 very hungry athletic boys age 13 and 11). My bill went up a little bit with the change in our eating habits but I am learning to buy meat/poultry in bulk to save on the total monthly costs. Preplanning meals each week is a huge money saver for me as I am not as quick to run through a drive thru if I have nothing planned. Plus I have elminated the need to make multiple trips to the grocery store each week.
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options

are you in the bible belt? that sucks lol.... we can buy booze at drive through shops, every gas station, every supermarket most pharmacy's in fact the liquor store is one of the rarest places for me to buy booze. although i dont drink that much so could really not care but still.... wow

Lmao this describes Wisconsin perfectly. Liquor store is usually the last place we'll go to get alcohol hahaha. And the closer to a church you are, the easier you'll find find alcohol.
  • skinnyvegan108
    Options
    About 200$ on the 1st week than 60-80$ the next 3 weeks for my toddler and I
    But I'm a vegan (shes not) and I try to buy organic.
    Worth it <3
  • k_saenz
    k_saenz Posts: 126
    Options
    About $200-300 just for me. My fam refuses to eat healthier :/
  • mommy_03
    mommy_03 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am a couponer and so I set aside a budget of $100/wk to feed my family of 5...me, my hubby, son age 10, son age 5 and daughter age 4...we buy only produce that's on sale and whatever is left over from our $100 grocery money for the week that is not spent goes into the pot for some weeks when we accidentally go over...we eat pretty healthy for the most part with coupons and I put a weekly menu up every week so everyone knows whats for dinner each night!! it CAN be done!!!