Eggs?

Options
I recently began a spinach salad kick and have been eating them pretty consistently for lunch with a little bit of hard boiled egg and honey mustard for dressing. Sometimes I'll substitute the egg for turkey and a sprinkle of shredded cheese. My question is, is eating 1 hard boiled egg an average of 5 days a week bad? I do not have any cholesterol problems, but is that too much for one week?

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    debatable. at least on MFP where one single word can set off a full scale war. In for the drama.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Why would it be bad? If you don't have cholesterol issues, eat as many eggs as what fits your calories....I eat two eggs almost every day.....
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Boy if it is I am in trouble. I eat one or two a day almost every day.
  • whitecapwendy
    whitecapwendy Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    debatable. at least on MFP where one single word can set off a full scale war. In for the drama.

LOL love it. With no cholesterol problems. I don't see one egg a day for a week as a problem. They are a good source of protein and low in calories. I would say it is a good choice.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    No. Enjoy!
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    nah nothing wrong with an egg a day :]
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I eat 4-6 eggs a day. It is the spinach that can cause trouble if you eat too much. Sounds goofy, but it's true. It can cause kidney stones, gout etc... Moderation on the spinach.
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    I love eggs and eat them in some form or another every day Yum Yum
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I have history of high ldl and hdl. I don't give a ****. I eat whole eggs and as many as I want. The yolk is my fave.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    Options
    I eat 4-6 eggs a day. It is the spinach that can cause trouble if you eat too much. Sounds goofy, but it's true. It can cause kidney stones, gout etc... Moderation on the spinach.

Never heard this of spinach.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I eat 2 or 3 several times a week with a few slices of bacon.
    Options

Never heard this of spinach.

I only heard it recently. I wasn't very happy about it to be honest. I am a spinach lover!
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Eggs are great. Nothing more to say!
  • MissSnickerdoodle
    MissSnickerdoodle Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I didn't know about the spinach thing, thanks you guys.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    Options

Please don't avoid spinach. My wild guess is that you probably have to eat a truckload and that's if it's even true. I never believe anything I've heard only once without all the facts. Grains of salt...

Popeye ate spinach.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Eggs are good. I don't like the yolk but I eat 3/4 cup of egg whites almost every day.
  • dfonte
    dfonte Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    If it fits within your calories you're fine eating eggs.

I buy egg whites, but only because I eat 7-8 eggs at a time. 7-8 regular eggs would be more fat and calories than I want in my diet.

It all depends on you.
  • whitecapwendy
    whitecapwendy Posts: 287 Member
    Options

Please don't avoid spinach. My wild guess is that you probably have to eat a truckload and that's if it's even true. I never believe anything I've heard only once without all the facts. Grains of salt...

Popeye ate spinach.

good news for Popeye

http://www.cravingfresh.com/2011/04/good-news-eating-raw-spinach-might-be.html
    Options

Popeye ate spinach.

No one said to avoid spinach. I only suggested that dreaded "M" word... MODERATION. I know... I know... not allowed at MFP....
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    Eggs will take the paint off your car....be very careful.:tongue: