Replies

• Dotyfahed
    Dotyfahed Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. I love Big Mac's and think I will give this a try soon,
  • cmrn08
    cmrn08 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This sounds good and I might still make it with ground turkey or chicken!
  • nathanielsmom01
    Options
    bump
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Blafily
    Blafily Posts: 21
    Options
    Just wanna say...made this stuff tonight....and its rated GAF !!!! (good as f**k) . Just had to put that out there. This will be added to the rotation of meals from now on.. Thanks alot :)
  • lqmustang
    lqmustang Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I finally got around to making this tonite and it got 3 thumbs up! (me, my daughter, and my picky son). Will make it more often!
  • DirtyTrickster
    DirtyTrickster Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I tried this tonight. Followed the recipe exactly, but my calories came out to 211 per serving. Not sure where the difference came from. Anyone else have different calories than op?

Either way, I thought it was great!
  • lqmustang
    lqmustang Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I tried this tonight. Followed the recipe exactly, but my calories came out to 211 per serving. Not sure where the difference came from. Anyone else have different calories than op?

Either way, I thought it was great!

Mine came out to 273cals per serving. Used 1lb of lean beef, 8 slices of cheese, and 6 of the 8 cresent rolls.
  • mystikalbeanz
    mystikalbeanz Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    bump :happy:
  • sienasmomma
    Options
    "Big Mac Casserole" just sounds like it should be nowhere near the word "Fitness". Is it just me?

I TOTALLY agree with you. True health doesn't come from eating lowfat, or low carb, or following WW. It comes from eating real, unprocessed food.
  • dont_give_up
    dont_give_up Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy!
  • BigAndTallSection
    BigAndTallSection Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I will say that I am a little surprised by this one. I have made it twice now and both times it went over pretty well in my house. I really liked it but I am a guy that really likes just about any sort of burger so for me it was no surprise that I liked it.
  • demonlullaby
    demonlullaby Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    oh! maybe i'll make this for my boyfriend one day!
  • C0ffeeBreak
    C0ffeeBreak Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a keeper!
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I am going to have to give this one a try! I haven't had a Big Mac in years because they are so bad for you, but this I might try. I really always loved a Big Mac!
  • Mrs_Wellington
    Options
    bump.thanks.:smile:
  • igsalem
    igsalem Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    bump
  • trackme
    trackme Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! My father use to mix pickles with ground beef and mustard as a child, and it's great!
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Made this today with ground turkey and added 2 tbls of Lipton Dry Soup mix. Came out real good, and very easy to make.

Not a great picture, but I ate some already and forgot to take one. This is without the lettuce and dressing.

DSC05725.JPG
  • bluelena
    bluelena Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    You'll either love it or hate it!

I don't remember where I found this recipe, it may be Weight Watchers. I usually eat nothing but ground turkey and chicken so it's a nice change and really does taste like a big mac! It's really easy to make.

Big Mac Casserole

1 cup white onion, chopped small
    5 dill pickle spears, chopped small
    1 1/2 pounds uncooked 96% lean ground beef
    9 slices Borden 2% Singles American Cheese slices
    1 tube reduced-fat crescent roll dough
    1 head iceberg, shredded
    Light Thousand Island dressing to taste (1-2 tbs per serving)

Saute onion and chopped pickles with ground beef. When browned, drain well & spread in 9x13 or 8x11 pan.
    Fit one layer of cheese slices over the meat mixture. Take crescent rolls out of package, unroll the sheet and place on top of the cheese and meat mixture; poke vents for steam.
    Bake at 375 for 17 minutes or until crescent rolls are browned. Serve over a bed of shredded lettuce topped with thousand island dressing for each serving.

Serves 8

Nutrition: Calories 320, Fat 15, Carbs 23, Protein 25, Fiber 1

I bet this would be AWESOME hangover food!