What's harder for you? Healthy eating or Exercise?

Options

Replies

• SKMC0214
    SKMC0214 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Excercise definetely, cant wait until I get to the point where it is not such and effort to get myself to do it, once I start I am fine, but finding the morivation sucks. I still make excuses about it like I used to with food. Baby steps, no pun intended. Happy Sunday all and the best of luck with your journey.
  • ordnaj3la1
    ordnaj3la1 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Eating. I absolutely love LOVE food. lmao.

I'd say I still have the mind of a fat person like I used to be. I love me my cinnamon buns, my cookies, my ice cream, all that good stuff. Mmm.

Training/Exercising is so fun for me, so no problem with that. It's like going to the park :')
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Both are equally challenging for me. I struggle balancing busy family with meal planning AND exercise.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    6 years ago, before I started this whole change in lifestyle thing I would have said both.

Now, 5.5 years later, by taking baby steps and making myself eat the apple instead of the chips and going for a 2 mile walk, then a 3 mile and so on, I can honestly say neither one is hard. Its my life. I crave healthy food and exercise.

6 years ago on a Saturday I would have been laying around, 144 lbs at 35% body fat, hung over and feeling like crap at the sheer amount of vodka I drank and cigarettes I smoked. Yesterday(at 115 lbs and 20% body fat) we got up early and drove to a park and went on a 10 mile hike. Instead of fighting with my husband cause I felt horrible, we laughed and smiled and had a great day.

It was not easy but let me tell you this, it was totally worth it. I never thought a life with out booze, cigarettes and kettle chips would be worth living, little did I know life is WAY better with out it.
  • PandaCustard
    PandaCustard Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Definitely exercise. Celiac disease makes me eat healthier, and I enjoy fruits and vegetables anyway; plus I love to cook, which makes it a lot easier to see what's going into your food. But since I have fatigue problems, exercise is just a pain. I do like gardening and walking the mountain trails around here, though.
  • Bberl
    Bberl Posts: 32
    Options
    Exercise for sure:-)
  • QuestToLose
    QuestToLose Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Eating healthy. I am used to working out right after waking up but it is difficult to stay away from some of the foods that I love.
  • BleedsCoffee
    BleedsCoffee Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Definitely exercise. Feeling self conscious while trying to exercise, combined with all the huffing and puffing... it can definitely take some willpower to get started!
  • nobleammonite
    nobleammonite Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Exercise all the way. I've never really liked moving around a lot, I guess. Even as a kid I was always inside reading or drawing, and then when I was 9 or so I discovered I had hayfever. Yay.

I'm lucky to have good willpower with food, and lucky to have not been very overweight to begin with. Eating too much or badly wasn't really my problem - I probably ate at what my maintenance would have been at a lower weight if I had been moving around a lot more! It was certainly maintenance to keep the same weight for 10+ years. My one downfall was Mountain Dew, but even that hasn't been hard to give up. Getting up and exercising, tho? Ughhhhhhhh.
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Great question! Unfortunately I have an answer that sounds like a copout, but it's true: It depends on the day or my mood. Some days I'm great at eating, some days I'm great at exercising. Very few days do the two happen together. :smile:
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    They are both pretty easy after making them part of my routine. I still struggle at times with a little chocolate now and then...and I also have a hard time fitting in exercise some days, but I have been able to maintain for awhile and it is working for me. Just do the best you can and you will still succeed.
  • RieBerg
    RieBerg Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Working out and then not overeating.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    As hard as exercise is with all my chronic pain problems, and messed up lung function, eating "healthy" is harder. I am a supertaster, and most vegetables and fruits upset my tummy. So first the food tastes either waaaay too sour, or bitter like poison. Then I get a bad tummy ache an hour later. Then that leads to TMI symptoms.

So, exercise I can do, but I cannot will myself to swallow a vegetable side dish.

I am a super taster too. there is hope. over time your taste buds change, and foods that you didn't like before
    either aren't as bad, or taste good.
    growing up I didn't like grapefruit or brussel sprouts but I can eat them by the bag now.
  • ttcfightingfat
    Options
    wow wow wow! I honestly thought more people struggled with exercise. I don't know how you guys do it. I LOVE food but luckily I love most healthy food too. It's getting up and forcing myself to exercise which kills me.
  • Tann33
    Tann33 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Exercise but I try and do 15 mins a day, I need to add another 15 mins but I'm so lazy.
  • skinnydreams19
    skinnydreams19 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Usually eating, unless I'm busy. But when I have free time, then healthy eating (or, more to the point, not eating too much and too many sweets!) is definitely the hardest!
  • MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I'll give you a hint...I'm eating pizza while reading this.
  • ttcfightingfat
    Options
    I'll give you a hint...I'm eating pizza while reading this.

haha!
  • cynfy16
    cynfy16 Posts: 35
    Options
    I would have to say eating healthy, mainly because I love exercise and how it makes me feel. My weakness is definitely snacking and buffalo chicken pizza OMG so yummy. haha But eating healthier has become almost second nature to me now :)
  • gopolo14
    gopolo14 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'd have to say 'neither' today. I went out to do C25k and came across a bag full of stuff on the sidewalk and pineapple chunks strewn all over. Went to clean it up, found some peaches inside which I tossed into the woods, and found a fresh unopened bag of sugar snap peas.

So now I'm back from my run having a bowl of peas.