Who is your biggest supporter? Who encourages you?

Options
1235»

Replies

• IIISpartacusIII
    IIISpartacusIII Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    No one cares. I get the "you're just fine the way you are" response. Anything I do seems excessive to most people who think 20 minutes 3 times a week of walking and you're fine. I'm on my own and so be it!
  • ms_leanne
    ms_leanne Posts: 523
    Options
    My Boyfriend is by far my greatest support.

He tries to help when I'm feeling demotivated about what to cook for dinner or getting upset because I hit a plateau. On previous occasions I've never had the same support from my family (hell, my mum is a potato fiend ad my Dad is an alcoholic). It may go some way to explaining why I've not managed to stick to a good eating plan before, that plus lack of information.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    well honestly...me. I have great friends here and they've helped me a lot, but it comes down to me most of the time and that is how it should be. amirite? But my oldest son has started to ask me how much I lifted when I come back from the gym. And I think that is awesome.
  • monizjm
    monizjm Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! Thank you for sharing the one of the greatest supporters you have in your life. I wish I had an ounce of support from the folks in my life. It's amazing how people want to talk down to you and then question you when you start improving and mock you when you're making life changes. HEALTHY life changes. Congrats and good luck on your future success with your weight loss goals.
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Are you speaking of MFP well-wishers and people on the path as you? That number is forever fluid, depending on your friends listing and those who have a kind word for you, perhaps.

On the other hand, ff you are speaking of the real world, people I know in the flesh? Well, then its me and me alone.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Husband & son. They both love the fact I'm happier now. They helped me by calling me a fat cow or an oompa loompa when I was not feeling into it. They kept me going....and trust me...the name calling HELPED. Even now my son still calls me a midget fat cow. I know he's helping me.
  • likeschocolate
    likeschocolate Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story.

Wish you and Ed all the best!
  • monizjm
    monizjm Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    LOL@supporters.

I let my haters be my motivators:)

Got that right!!! Same here!! They keep me from giving up...
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    my husband is my biggest fan and supporter. even tho he has already reached goal, he continues to eat my special meals that i make, instead of what i make for our 5 kids. its so sweet, like tonight, i made a big, cheesy, saucy lagzana (sp?), and his mouth was watering, i asked if he wanted some, but he said, "no, ill have what your having babe..." HE GIVES ME SO MUCH ENCOURAGEMENT!
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I am my own biggest supporter and motivator... Although my MFP friends do truly inspire me and keep me motivated and accountable. My friends and family aren't supportive but they aren't unsupportive, either. I think they have seen me yo-yo with my weight my whole life for them to know that this time is the real deal. My other motivation comes from my smaller clothes sizes, increased fitness level, and my gym friends as well as the random positive comments from co-workers, gym friends/acquaintances or people that i run into that i haven't seen in a while... The positive comments are great reinforcers that my hard work and dedication are paying off.
  • brit_ks_89
    brit_ks_89 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    LOVE <3 THIS IS PURE LOVE!
  • chatondoux
    Options
    Bless your heart :) I knew you looked familiar! I remember reading about Ed making soup? I think it was or something in the crockpot? I loved that story and I love this one just as much :)

My biggest supporters are my mom and probably 3 people on here. I don't know where I'd be without any of them :)
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I am my own biggest supporter and motivator... Although my MFP friends truly keep me motivated and accountable. My friends and family aren supportive but they aren't unsupportive. I think they have seen me yo-yo with my weight y whole li for them to know that this time is the real deal. My other motivation comes from my smaller clothes sizes, increased fitness level, and my gym friends as well as the random comments from gym friends/acquaintances or people that i run into that i haven't seen in a while... The positive comments are great reinforcers that my hard work and dedication are paying off.

pretty much this. i've been talking about getting healthy or healthier the whole time my kids have been alive, my oldest is now 12, so it's been awwhiile. they aren't unsupportive, but it's only natural to get tired of talking about it eventually. my kids and their dad are happy that i'm lifting, and they sometimes do workouts with me too.

having the right routine is a huge motivator, everyday is a workout i love and look forward to doing. so i never want to skip
    workouts anymore, always my biggest obstacle- procrastination.

the mfp support is great. there is a mix of people I can joke around with, have intelligent conversation, and people that want my help. helping them makes me feel good, and encourages me to keep trying to inspire them too.

but really i just have to stay out of my own way. my biggest obstacle is myself, once I stop overthinking, over analyzing, and just jump in and do it already- it goes much better. it's really 90% mental for me.
  • april1445
    april1445 Posts: 334
    Options
    You guys are adorable together.