which milk do you use for shakes/smoothies

Options
2»

Replies

• CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been using kefir instead of milk, which gives the shake a nice, thick, creamy texture with a bit of a tang. It's delicious, and provides an extra protein boost, as well. It's about 140 calories a cup, but totally worth it. Comes in many delicious flavors, too.
  • Madaly320
    Madaly320 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Silk unsweetened almond milk in vanilla. Only 30 cals and it gives a creamy consistency

cool thats what I was looking for. I like the creaminess of milk.
  • Madaly320
    Madaly320 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    If you're concerned about the calories but like a little flavour in there, go for unsweetened almond milk and add a dash of vanilla. Then you get the benefits of yummy almond vanilla milk, but none of the sugar :)

thanks!
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk. Only 30 calories.

This. But I have been told that coconut almond milk is amazing in tropical smoothies :)
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    First try mixing it with half milk and half water and see if its tolerable.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    The water in the tap. No calories, fats, proteins or carbs therefore added.
  • Lexandrea
    Lexandrea Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Almond milk or rarely soy
  • barrattandrew
    Options
    I use skimmed milk - and have started using skimmed milk and half water for double portions. Although the strawberry whey I get is pretty good and doesn't taste too bad with with water.
  • CMay16
    CMay16 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been using kefir instead of milk, which gives the shake a nice, thick, creamy texture with a bit of a tang. It's delicious, and provides an extra protein boost, as well. It's about 140 calories a cup, but totally worth it. Comes in many delicious flavors, too.

I'm going to give this a try!
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Plain Greek yogurt instead of milk.
  • lax75
    lax75 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    The nutritionist suggested Garelik's "Over the Moon" milk - I'm sure other companies offer an equivalent if you don't have Garelik. (I'm in Massachusetts.) It's no-fat, but concentrated, so it looks and tastes like 1%, plus there's more protein and calcium per serving. I really don't like regular skim, so this works for me.