OT:What do you do for a living ?

Options

Replies

• age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I'm a labor and delivery nurse! Love being a part of peoples' most exciting moments in their lives!

That would be an AWESOME job!!!!! WOW! I can't wait to have another baby! Even knowing I will most likely have to have another c-section....whatevaa!! BRING IT ON!!!! :bigsmile:

I will have to have another c- section too:sad: But hey the end result is priceless:heart:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I'm a financial administrator to a financial advisor for an international investment firm
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    I'm an elementary school music teacher! I love my job! And my partner is a photographer...hence the great profile pictures! hehe..
  • amylebo
    amylebo Posts: 23
    Options
    I am a stay at home mom. I had my daughter April 11, 2006 and I quit my job two weeks before she was born. I have my bachelor's degree in health care administration. I have not looked for a job here because it was more beneficial for me to stay at home than putting Lauryn in daycare. My husband is in the Army. We will be leaving here soon and will be moving to San Antonio in February. I want to continue staying home with her, but my husband wants me to go back to work. So we will see!

Your daughter is beautiful (and oddly looks a lot like my daughter with the strawberry hair.:smile: ) If you are gonna be stationed on Medina or Lackland and ever want a workout buddy to kick ya in the butt let me know when you get here:)

He will be stationed at Ft. Sam. I am not at all familiar with the area. I have never even been to TX. Although, I am southern. I am originally from AL. So I should fit in really well. I would definitely like a workout buddy.:smile:
  • msstate25
    msstate25 Posts: 17
    Options
    I am an Engineer for General Motors. Not the safest job right now, especially living in Michigan.

I envy all of you mothers that can stay at home with your kids. I would love to go down to part time!!

My hubby is a teacher, so I am greatful that my girls can have a "summer vacation" and not have to be in day care or school all year round. I also love that he cooks and cleans so I come home to a clean house and dinner on the table. I love summers!!! :smile:
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I am a waitress for Olga's Kitchen. and am currently going toschool to be a probation officer wth my degree in social work...woo hoo:bigsmile:
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I work with the Air Force in Law Enforcement(somebody has to train them:))in San Antonio.

HEY!! My hubby's SF for the AF!!

I am a nurse--currently doing both cardiac as well as OB (my LOVE!!) I have been an EMT, medical assistant, and hairdresser. Had my youngest 8 days after graduating from nursing school. Thank goodness for a forgiving and VERY helpful husband!
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I'm a labor and delivery nurse! Love being a part of peoples' most exciting moments in their lives!

I would like to cross over from the mother/baby side and try L&D. LOOOOVE my job...waited 2 years to get on the floor as everyone wants to get up there. It was so worth the wait.
  • damselfly25
    Options
    I am an Engineer for General Motors. Not the safest job right now, especially living in Michigan.

I envy all of you mothers that can stay at home with your kids. I would love to go down to part time!!

My hubby is a teacher, so I am greatful that my girls can have a "summer vacation" and not have to be in day care or school all year round. I also love that he cooks and cleans so I come home to a clean house and dinner on the table. I love summers!!! :smile:

My uncle works for GM (computer engineer) and lives in Franklin, MI...He would agree: it a tough economy for his job security.

Oh and I am a stay at home mom and an artist.
  • CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    My first job is MOM, Then WIFE, Then SURGICAL TECH/SURGERY ASSISTANT :happy:

I LOVE my job as a ST! I get to scrub and work hand and hand with the surgeons. I've always been extremely fascinated by the mechanics of the human body and getting to peek inside and see first hand how things work...I can't even explain how awesome that is! :happy:
    It really is a great job!
    My favorites are OB/GYN, Podiatry/Ortho and General. Neurology us to be one of my #1 favorites, but all the Neuro surgeons left our town :frown:
    Kel~ :flowerforyou:
  • runawaybride
    runawaybride Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I am a stay at home mom too. here is a little bit of my story

I had one miscarriage at 4months which was devasting then got pregnant with my daughter who is now 7 and then 4 months after that got pregnant with my son who is 6 and then had another miscarriage and now have a 5 month old .With this past pregnancy came many complications and was told as a result could no longer have any more children so I try everyday not to miss out on one thing and I feel absolutely greatful for the three wonderful children I have and I know that I won't take anything for granted now.

I simply have the best job in the world!!!!!!!:heart:
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I stayed home when my kids were little and went to work teaching preschool when they were preschool aged. They have moved past that now, but I still teach part time.

Hubby works for Michelin.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Wow alot of stay at home moms....

I guess you can call me one now lol I recently quit my job to take the summer off and spend time with kids and my husband (who will be returning from a 15 month tour)- In the fall I will go back to working a fulltime job and attending fulltime school- Im going to take baby steps for school but My husband wants me to jump head first into a Masters Plan you know so I can make big money lol he wants me to be his sugar momma lol-- My guy is a blackhawk crewchief/door gunner in the army who is possibly going to drop his pilot packet.

As for me I have been doing Medical Billing/AR/collections(SP lol) since 2003 and I am so bored thats why I am pursuing my childhood dream of going into the legal field (thats what I said about babysteps) I want to become a lawyer but first have to get my BA- then take the LSAT and hopefully get accepted into law school-- My husband is very supportive of my decisions like I said he wants me to be his sugar momma lol--
  • overthehillsandfaraway
    Options
    I'm a wireless consultant for a cellphone carrier. I'm on my feet most of the day and get enormous loads of social interaction, which is something that is stimulating and rewarding or challenging. I've come to accept and actually fancy a challenge to overcome on a daily basis.

Out of all the jobs I've dedicated myself to, this has been the most rewarding place to work at in my entire experience. The expectations and quotas are obviously there but the reward of a positive team environment and supportive management group makes life a bit easier.
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I own my own shop in a small village in Italy. I sell a little bit of everything from household items, toys, jewelry, lottery tickets, fireworks, photo frames, mirrors.....anything I find that I like.

I love having my own business. I can take my daughter to work with me. She has her own little space where she can do her homework after school and her own space outside where she can play. :smile:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I own my own shop in a small village in Italy. I sell a little bit of everything from household items, toys, jewelry, lottery tickets, fireworks, photo frames, mirrors.....anything I find that I like.

I love having my own business. I can take my daughter to work with me. She has her own little space where she can do her homework after school and her own space outside where she can play. :smile:

Wow, now THAT sounds cool!! :)
  • dmflynt
    dmflynt Posts: 196
    Options
    I am a paralegal in a small law firm (2 attorneys). The firm concentrates on Workers' Compensation, personal injury, and Social Security Disability claims. I found my career niche at the age of 40 when I was going through a divorce and needed a better income. I went back to college, graduated with honors, and have been with the same firm since day 1(nine years and counting...)!

Prior to becoming a paralegal, I tried being a real estate agent, but found it was not the field for me due to unpredictable hours and unpredictable income....I was raising 2 teens by myself and we needed some structure and some cash!!

Before that experiment, I had been in a variety of positions: at-home mom/school volunteer, retail clerk, at-home day care provider for up to 8 kids, and certified occupational therapy assistant in geriatrics.
  • pmd14
    pmd14 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Nurse for 30 years here. Worked adult ICU, dialysis, neonatal ICU (my favorite - watching those premies grow AWESOME), and then home care. Wish I could of been a stay at home mom.
    Now ?retired. Looking for something part time and less stressful.
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I'm the Executive Director (and chair the board of directors) of a registered charity. It is very rewarding, and I work from home and set my own hours (with some meetings and travel - which are also enjoyable!).

I'm most importantly a stay a home mom to my two babes, 1yr and 3yrs (I was a teacher before taking maternity leave, and have requested extended leave in case I want to return to the classroom). In Ontario our kids start full time kindergarten at 4yrs (they will by 2009) so I want to stay home until they are both in school full time. :smile:

I've enjoyed all your stories! :flowerforyou:
  • BlackBeltLJ
    BlackBeltLJ Posts: 190
    Options
    I am a Special Education teacher at the high school level (14-22yo). :love: :love: I love what I am doing and the kids I work with. I have taught every age from prek 3 to 12th, computers, French, gifted, Juvenile justice and At-Risk teens. This is the best one yet besides raising the kids who are now 13-17.
    In the past, as an adult, I have worked at McDonalds, Hancock Fabrics, JoAnn Fabrics, the Disney store and as a one-on-one counselor for kids (8yo-14yo) in the DJJ system. :ohwell:

My hubby is a mathematician and a computer scientist.

My kids are couch holders and money absorbers.:noway: