RUNNERS POST YOUR PICS!

Options
im looking for help and visual aids ... i wanna run i will do other things of course but i wanna run and do the elliptical as my main exercises ... i want to know if this will give me real results of it im kidding myself ... please post your pics of before and after/during i could really use the help thank you!

Replies

• Schann7
    Schann7 Posts: 218
    Options
    Bump!
  • MrsKaylaDixon
    MrsKaylaDixon Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    bump
  • trdepalo
    trdepalo Posts: 106
    Options
    really? no one? I'd be interested too bump
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Before, 50 lbs down (had only been running for 2 months at that point), and 80 lbs. down (running for the last year). So yes, running should give you great results :-)

i-rCHSqjs-S.jpgGOTR%205K%20May%202012-1-S.jpgi-Jfjbt7P-M.jpg
  • jackieleannebowman
    jackieleannebowman Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I don't have any pics - but I use running as my main caridio and have had great success, but it wasn't until I combined it with strength training and interval training that I really started to see results in my body/weight loss and in my running distance.
  • Flagirlof3
    Options
    I run 3 to 4 days a week.if you are consistent, watch your food intake you will lose weight and your body will change... muscular legs, tighter abs and smaller butt :) Good Luck
  • cars1244
    cars1244 Posts: 3
    Options
    I do not have any pics yet, but i started running in February and have since lost 15 pounds- just by running and using MFP to count calories. I also started weighing myself everyday which I think helped too. I started by using the C25K plan, and at first I could only run 3 minutes without stopping to walk. Now, 2 months later, I can run 30 minutes without stopping. I don't run very fast (usually 5.5mph) , but I am working on that. This past week I started doing 30 min of yoga or pilates before I run to make sure I stay toned.

I would definitely suggest running- I did Insanity and 30DS before this and only put on muscle, but I'm sure that differs with every body type. I would advise you to use C25K or something similar so that you do not get injured. Hope that helps!
  • zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Here are my before and after. Before was 2007 at 289 lbs. After is 2011 after completing my first 10k at 187 lbs.

beforenafter.jpg
  • Lish1234
    Lish1234 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I don't have any pics - but I use running as my main caridio and have had great success, but it wasn't until I combined it with strength training and interval training that I really started to see results in my body/weight loss and in my running distance.

agreed. I used to run long distances but got injured and am now trying to get back to the size I was. Flat stomach awesome legs is what you'll get. But it's all down to including the strength training.
  • jdub224
    jdub224 Posts: 120
    Options
    I've lost 100lbs in the past 12 months. Until I started Couch to 5k, I was never losing inches off of my stomach. Crunches, planks, weights, biking like a fiend. Running is great exercise. Get good shoes. Get good advice. Run a little, then run a lot. It is sooooo worth it. If it's above 34 degrees run outside. If it's under 34 degrees run outside in cold gear.

Run,, run away. When you get tired. Go home.

Also, lift heavy weights. Big muscles eat fat. Good luck!!
  • NakAttack
    NakAttack Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    No pictures here but I can also attest to the fact that running helps TREMENDOUSLY with toning the lower body. I am now attempting to add strength training to my exercise circuit in hopes of loosing more inches and toning up! Good luck and if you are looking for a starting point, C25k WORKS!!!! And works WELL!!!!
  • MrsKaylaDixon
    MrsKaylaDixon Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    how much do you run in a week? miles time distance how many days a week?
  • 2moonNback
    2moonNback Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I don't have pictures, but I run three to four times a week. On my weekday runs I go about 3.25 miles. On my weekend runs I am up to 7.44 miles. When I started running I was 251 pounds and could hardly make it a minute and a half at a time but I didn't quit. Make sure you add strength training in the mix it will help with your running more than you realize! Good Luck!
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    .Go on then.

Before I started running. 230lb me:

908dad3b-7dbe-4614-8e1c-a71da0dd35c3_zps494d1c38.jpg

Then I ran a bit.

First run was 1.2km in 8 minutes. I was dead, thought I was going to throw up on myself. But I stuck at it. Within three weeks I'd done a 5k. Within a week of that I'd pushed my 5k time under half an hour. In a few weeks I was up to 10k. If you stick at it, it's frightening how much quicker you get each time. Within 5 months of starting I was running 10k races and posting sub-50 minute times.

14 months later, 165lb running Leeds 2012 half marathon in well under two hours (sorry about the watermark).

9_zps00819580.jpg

This year is my first competitive full marathon. So run, and if you think you can't carry on, carry on anyway.
  • mdelcott
    mdelcott Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    16937472_5189.jpg
  • angbieb
    angbieb Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I'll be running my first 1/2 marathon on May 11th...and I'm looking for inspiring pics! I hope you get a lot of responses!:wink:
  • horseryder77
    horseryder77 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Run while you can!!!!! I ran a half marathon 2 years ago- I had never run before in my life and I SUCKED- started with c25k in May, ran a half in September. Believe me, if I can do it- anyone can.
    Unfortunately I'm laid up now because of a tendon injury.
    Advice- don't run in insoles just because the running store recommends it. It may injure you bad enough that you have to take 6 months off of all exercise >.<

Anyway- Here are my pics. Couldn't find any good before ones.

This is after my first ever 5k:
    photo.jpg

And here's at the finish line of my half :):
    half6.png
    halfmarathon.jpg

Unfortunately since then I've lost almost all muscle mass and put on about 15 lbs. This is all due to my tendon injury.. I'm REALLY REALLY hoping that I'll be okay soon enough to at least start training for another 5k.

I'm so jealous of everyone running right now. So get hit the pavement! You can do it! And enjoy it!!! Do it for me :)

Edit: I saw previous posts about how many times a week and I'll put in my 2 cents: I ran 3-4 times a week to begin, and then when I did my half training it was generally 4-5 times a week. Start slow. Do the c25k 3 times a week, and do cross training maybe 1-2 times a week, and DEFINITELY have a rest day. If you don't give yourself a rest day, that's when the injuries can start popping up. Rest can be just as important as exercise. And I followed Hal Higdon's training plan for the half after I completed my first 5k.
  • RunForChai
    RunForChai Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing! And I bet you feel a thousand times better. Go girl!
  • kaji13
    kaji13 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I've lost 100lbs in the past 12 months. Until I started Couch to 5k, I was never losing inches off of my stomach. Crunches, planks, weights, biking like a fiend. Running is great exercise. Get good shoes. Get good advice. Run a little, then run a lot. It is sooooo worth it. If it's above 34 degrees run outside. If it's under 34 degrees run outside in cold gear.

Run,, run away. When you get tired. Go home.

Also, lift heavy weights. Big muscles eat fat. Good luck!!

Yes!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!