Wine connoisseur aka functioning alcoholic seeks friends.

Options

Replies

• willRUN4Beer
    willRUN4Beer Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Had to click...Love the header!
    Drinking wine as I type, probably drinking beer tomorrow though...feel free to add me too. I just normally log on for myself, and it's been working for me...but, I will help as much as I can.
  • kfelux
    kfelux Posts: 34
    Options
    Beer, wine, liqour....I'm an equal opportunity consumer! Feel free to add me! :)
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    FINALLY!!! SOMEONE DECENT! ABOUT TIME!
  • halffull_pgh
    Options
    First time in the message boards since I created my profile and I found the perfect post straight off. Cheers!
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

New here to try and lose some of those kilos gained over the winter months eating cheese in front of the fire whilst drinking copious amounts of wine and basically not moving. Just get the boyfriend to reach over and fill the glass right?! As a result the summer wardrobe that I was so looking forward to wear again makes me look like a balloon with some very heavy squeezing around the middle. Not pretty. Not on here to become an anorexic in-patient, I enjoy being bigger and love my food and wine, but one must admit defeat when it's due. And here it is.

Anyone who'd like to friend me in support of shared goal?

Oh and before you send me of to the AA... erm... you are probably right. But I'll try this first.

my story to a T... add me!
  • kookanddra
    Options
    You can add me if you like. I love my beer. Drink every night and am the true defination of functioning alcoholic. I log my beers that i drink everynight (when i remember). I don't plan on quitting. I have cut back from about 7 beers a night to 5. I'm not one to judge or put my views on anyone. I just enjoy a good time!!! I have cut my calories and do portion control on my meals and have lost 25 pounds since the first of the year. :drinker:
  • lbride
    lbride Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I make sure that I have enough room in my calories for wine with dinner every night!!
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Hey I see you're in London.

I'm in London as well. :happy:

Does wine lower your inhibitions and make you more relaxed and open to casual encounters?

If so . . . shoot me a FR.

:flowerforyou:
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Hey I see you're in London.

I'm in London as well. :happy:

Does wine lower your inhibitions and make you more relaxed and open to casual encounters?

If so . . . shoot me a FR.

:flowerforyou:

:laugh:
  • Bumblebap
    Bumblebap Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Erm..... if you're looking for 'casual encounters' I suggest you try datingforlosers.com.... I'm her boyfriend. :flowerforyou:
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I need someone on my FL who won't be appalled at the amount of wine I consume.
  • MelodyAnn323
    MelodyAnn323 Posts: 38 Member
    Options

Ha ha! That about sums it up for me too!
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I love my wine. I drink it every weekend. My weight loss is slow because of it however I'm not about to give it up. Been drinking wine all my life. I'm 55 years old. Feel free to add me :happy: Cheers!!! :drinker:
  • missymere
    missymere Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Moved to wine country (Sonoma, CA) eight months ago, and I've had to cut waaaay back for the sake of weight loss. Same thing with the cheese. Add me if you'd like, and I promise not to send you to AA. Once you get hooked on MFP, the booze and cheese will sort themselves out!! Good luck and welcome to the party!
  • Zelinna
    Zelinna Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Love your intro post! I have lost 36 lbs and not given up alcohol! I have changed the type/ quantity I drink, but I still make room for it. Feel free to add me
  • aaronlawrenc
    aaronlawrenc Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Erm..... if you're looking for 'casual encounters' I suggest you try datingforlosers.com.... I'm her boyfriend. :flowerforyou:

wanted to be friends until i saw this....YOU BLEW IT!!!

4001934_o.gif
  • annabellio
    annabellio Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Yes, please.
  • sjeffr
    sjeffr Posts: 33 Member
    Options

Ha ha! That about sums it up for me too!
    Just hide it, that's what I did. :wink:

Seriously though, feel free to add me. I love red wine and cheese. I just joined MFP last week, have already lost 4 pounds and havent given up either! I jsut make sure I allow for my daily dose. :)
  • Bumblebap
    Bumblebap Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Cheers people. And I really mean cheers... I have still to put in the (give or take) bottle of wine I have consumed. I'm guessing this is gonna result into a minus 600 +++++ result for the day. Is it too much to ask to lose weight without losing the wine? I guess so. But one needs their vices in their lives, no?

Anyway, feel so encouraged that there are other like me out there. If you have the magic formula though... hit me up!

x