Mio Liquid water enhancer

Options

Replies

• jimandpam87
    jimandpam87 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I tried the MIO stuff a while back and didn't care for it. I thought it tasted weird. I started using lemon juice in a lot of the water that I drink. My boyfriend really likes lime in his water. Seems better than artificial stuff. Although I have to say, the new Crystal Lite stuff that came out that is similar packaging to MIO...MUCH better tasting!
  • FATJAKE5
    FATJAKE5 Posts: 162
    Options
    I was having trouble forcing myself to drink 8 cups of water/day. I only use it half the time and have increased my water intake to 12-16 cups/day. It does contain a small amount of sodium.
  • timberowl
    timberowl Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I live off of the stuff. They make a bunch of other brands and flavors, if you look at the local grocery store. Kool Aid, Crystal Light and Dasani have also started making liquid water flavorings. There is even Hawaiin Punch and Orange Crush and Icee flavors. They're really good. I believe that the artificial sweetners have been shown to increase "real" sugar cravings, and promote flatulance (no joke) but other than that they taste great and are worth it.
  • BleedsCoffee
    BleedsCoffee Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Mio seems all artificial, which is sort of a red flag. What about fruit infusers instead? Some lemon, strawberries, and cucumbers dropped into one of those seems, sure, a little higher in calories, but... way better in terms of how healthy they are for those of you who dislike straight water. I actually tend to chug water (and then regret it when a whole bottle is sloshing around in my stomach), so I never notice the lack of taste!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I drink it all day. I wouldn't get my water in otherwise. I hate plain water, and I can't drink anything with aspartame in it.
    I figure it might not be healthy, but it's healthier than sodas, and I get plenty of water now.
  • hatethegame
    hatethegame Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to the MIO haters! It's good stuff. I love it. Come on people! it's ok.
  • CarlieeBear
    CarlieeBear Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I keep a bottle of Crystal Light in my purse for restaurants. It's cheaper than ordering pop. My cousin did mention that her dentist says these enhancers have the acids that are bad for your teeth...the reason she was using them.
  • caroldeanda
    caroldeanda Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I like them! I also have the crystal light one, sometimes I crave some flavor in my water with dinner! Its all about moderation ;-)
  • tjham1
    tjham1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    WalMart has a Great Value version. But be careful - I accidently bought the kind with caffeine.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    hawaiian-punch-selection-pack.jpg

I was not a fan of the taste of Mio , i found these and LOVE them, 10 calories per packet and Vitamin C on top of it. Plus they taste Great. Do not listen to the haters, if it was not for water enhancers I could not drink water and would not have lost the weight I have.
  • marquishagetaka
    Options
    This is kinda tasty, made my water way too sweet.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    This is kinda tasty, made my water way too sweet.

So use more water or less product?
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Good stuff, use it to flavor water when would like something juice-like but no calorie. Nothing to fear there.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of this product, but I do sometimes throw stuff in my water jug. There is orange peel (all pith removed) and ginger in there now. If I'm having a grapefruit, I'll throw the last section in my water jug. Cucumber and watermelon (not together) are delish, too. I think citrus peels are the one of the most marvelous things in nature! Always have some in the freezer.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    I used it and also drink Diet Pepsi.
  • criticaltodd
    Options
    I love the commercials but, my two cents: if you can get used to plain water, go with it. I've transitioned from Diet Coke to just water and I've now been a month without any soda. It was tough at first but it's easier every day.

Another thing you can do is flavor the water with fruit-- mint, lemon slices, lime slices, etc.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    I love the commercials but, my two cents: if you can get used to plain water, go with it. I've transitioned from Diet Coke to just water and I've now been a month without any soda. It was tough at first but it's easier every day.

Another thing you can do is flavor the water with fruit-- mint, lemon slices, lime slices, etc.

Nope. I want the chemicals thanks
  • jadethief
    jadethief Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I like the Margaritaville brand strawberry daiquiri flavor. Mmmmm. .. . .
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

Read as if you don't like these chemicals try these other chemicals.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    I use a store brand that, I think, has better choices and tastes better. I like to use lemon, lime, and orange, too.

The flavoring makes drinking a lot of water just that much easier. Of course, I like me some GMOs, too.