7 YEARS CANCER FREE TODAY! WOO-HOO!

Options

Replies

• scwilson38
    scwilson38 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I want to Praise God for everyone's success! My mom, 3 aunts(mom's sisters), uncle (mom's brother) and 4 cousins( 2 kids were the uncles) had cancer and did not make it. I hope everyone continues to have success and takes care of themselves. In the Name of Jesus Amen!! I certainly make sure to have my yearly exams and working on taking care of myself. So many strong individuals!
  • 130annie
    130annie Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    14 years cancer free....And I still get my mammogram every year....
  • ksb1957
    ksb1957 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Great post.......congrats!! and blessings!! Cancer free whoo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeah!!!
  • ahelland21
    ahelland21 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on such a wonderful milestone!!! :)
  • Fisherdh13
    Fisherdh13 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    HOORAY! So happy for you! I'm 12 years cancer free - DCIS. Mine was still small so only needed lumpectomy and radiation. Also had a fantastic surgeon. If I was the age I am now, I probably would have gone your route.

Yes, everyone, pay attention and get your mammograms and tests. Its much better to catch things early, believe us. Its no fun to go through it but you survive and afterward you can thrive. You learn to appreciate life and every day you have.

Congratulations again!!!
  • hap2010
    hap2010 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Congrats on 7 years. Your story is inspiring. My best friend has been going through breast cancer, she has been given the all clear now but she is suffering from many of the side effects of radiation and chemotherapy. I wish all cancer survivors health and happiness
  • Kupe
    Kupe Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    21 years Cancer free. Diagnosed at the age of 23 with testicular cancer which then spread to the lymph nodes, right testes removed and 4 months of chemo.

Happy to say that I was still able to produce a son and heir to all my debts, who is now 11 years old.

To all the survivors, keep on going and to those that are going through it or know of some on going through it, keep your spirits up.
  • lhalket
    lhalket Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and God bless you!! I was diagnosed with DCIS in 1996 and I'm still here - happy and healthy! I wish you more happy healthy years!:smile:

I LOVE SOCK MONKEYS!!! Had one growing up that I called Chris - years later I ended up naming my son Chris :laugh:

AND CONGRATS TO YOU TO ON YOUR SURVIVAL!! :flowerforyou:
  • lhalket
    Options
    21 years Cancer free. Diagnosed at the age of 23 with testicular cancer which then spread to the lymph nodes, right testes removed and 4 months of chemo.

Happy to say that I was still able to produce a son and heir to all my debts, who is now 11 years old.

To all the survivors, keep on going and to those that are going through it or know of some on going through it, keep your spirits up.

Congrats to you on all accounts!
  • JustAGirl0916
    JustAGirl0916 Posts: 1,020
    Options
    This made me tear up and I just want to say how amazingly strong you all are. Yay for being cancer free such a huge blessing! God bless you all!
  • Amitchellt
    Amitchellt Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Thank you for sharing your story. You have such a positive attitude.
  • lhalket
    Options
    for everyone that commented thank you so so much - you truly made my day today! :flowerforyou:
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Excellent reminder, so glad everything is good with you!
  • wannabhealthy2
    wannabhealthy2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wonderful and congratulations!! I am also a survivor .. It completely changes one's perspective. Great news and great post!
  • AlleganyMiss
    Options
    What a nice post. On June 10th I will be 10 years cancer free from Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma in my L-1 and L-4 vertebrae in my spine. It amazing how much more Blue the sky's are, how much the rain does not matter, how much joy you derive from the small things when you go through things like this. I just started this program but am looking forward to my day 365! Congrats on 7 years!!!!!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,254 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with breast cancer 6 years ago. I had a lumpectomy, radiation during surgery and chemo. I discovered the lump just after I had lost weight and got really fit. I put all of it and more back on, especially with the chemo when I ended up hardly able to walk more than 5 minutes. Then I got even fatter with stay at home activities like baking, which I was very good at. I was taking Arimidex until I got the All Clear last month.
    Last June I was 197 lbs. I realised I was becoming a recluse because of my weight. I started losing weight again, not really expecting much from it as I am now 63. I had joint pains and was very immobile. I am now 157 lbs at 5ft 5ins. Not too far to go now to normal BMI. I am so happy to be cancer free right now. I am also fit, mobile, and the lymphodema I had from the lymph gland removal is much improved. I feel a different person. I joined MFP in August and check in every day. It really keeps me going, especially when I hit a plateau.
    I no longer put off doing the things I really want to do. Life is really good.
  • kimpossible471
    kimpossible471 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on 7 years!
  • HappyCamper5166
    Options
    Congrats on your anniversary! And congrats to all of you that kicked the big C! Soooo happy for you!:laugh: :flowerforyou: :happy:
  • OnMyWay2Me2
    OnMyWay2Me2 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm celebrating with you!!! What a testimony!!! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
  • dfurton83
    dfurton83 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Wow!! I am so happy for you!! Congratulations I pray that you stay cancer free FOREVER!!! Nobody should have to go through that more than once.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!