Insanity

Options

Replies

• amytag
    amytag Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I am on week 2/day 2 - already feel like I'm improving in my cardio endurance. Continuously sore though, even after running several times a week for the past year.
  • SwimSoccerTaxi
    SwimSoccerTaxi Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Started Round #2 of Insanity today with Plyometric Cardio Circuit and it felt as hard to complete as Day #1 in Round #1!!! I power walk (as I have 3 dogs that demand we go) but other then that I do no other workouts as this one is designed to work different parts of your body (strength vs. aerobic) in a schedule to challenge the body.

My results from Round #1

Down 6lbs
    Down 3% body fat
    Down 5 inches (waist + hips)

Fit Test - First - Final
    Switch Kicks - 50 - 120
    Power Jacks - 46 - 56
    Power Knees - 66 - 100
    Power Jumps - 30 - 40
    Globe Jumps - 7 - 11 (4 jumps = 1)
    Suicides - 12 - 17
    Push-Up Jacks - 14 - 25
    Low Plank Obliques - 25 - 36 (2 sides = 1)

Onto Round 2 now....hopeful to drop another 2% body fat and lose another few inches..... Profile picture is me on day 1 (black outfit) and on day 63 (pink and stripes) for Round #1

Most important success is how I feel strength wise and how my clothes fit...there are jeans I simply can't wear any longer as they are too baggy (even my skinny jeans are baggy now....down to size 8 American Eagle....thanks Shaun T)

Feel free to add me if you are doing Insanity and want to encourage one another!!!

Good luck to all.....you can do it...just keep pressing play!
  • mzootie
    mzootie Posts: 133
    Options
    Its high intensity interval cardio. It is the best workout out there for toning and losing weight. Anyone can do it at their own pace as you get fitter you can take less breaks. I'm in week 3 and can get through most of the sessions without the extra breaks. Initially I couldn't get through the warm up. Afterwards I feel like i'm on a high it it sets the tone for the day for me. Exasperating but fufulling as well
  • hbiffle
    hbiffle Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I did a round of Insanity last year and LOVED it! It definitely kicked my *kitten*, but when I was doing it I felt like a beast and that I could do anything!! Getting ready to start the program over again today!!!

Feel free to add me - would love more Insanity-crazy friends to help motivate me throughout!!!
  • k9t8a8
    k9t8a8 Posts: 30
    Options
    Did week 2 day 2 this morning! This is my second time starting the program - hoping to stick with it this time around!
  • RyanJK85
    RyanJK85 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    week 1, day 2 down....woke up sore, but loved it!
  • Falenea
    Falenea Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Did cardio recovery today. Still sweated buckets lol.
  • abbotini
    abbotini Posts: 7
    Options
    Did cardio recovery today. Still sweated buckets lol.

lol... I was surprised just how much cardio recovery makes me sweat too!

Did day 16 at 6AM this morning. Plyo cardio circuit is a killer still! Hoping to see some results soon, cos at the moment, I'm noticing an increase in fitness, but not a decrease in size / weight! :(
  • abbotini
    abbotini Posts: 7
    Options
    Can someone please explain what Insanity is.. i have seen it a lot on here but I don't quite understand what is involved. Is is a specific workout like.. Zumba or something?..

Sorry if it has already be explained! xx

In short...
    It's a series of different exercises where you work at high intensity for 3-5 minutes, then have only a 30 seconds rest, then high intensity again. This pattern repeats for approx 45 minutes.

It's a killer on the thighs, abs, arms, it burns lots of calories and it makes you sweat like crazy. But... I love it!! ^_^
  • talenarenee
    talenarenee Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Day 10 (Pylo Cardio Circuit) in the bag! My HRM monitor said I burned 466 calories- with the way my heart was pounding and the buckets of sweat pouring off me, I believe it!
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    Quick question.. I am on week 3 and still take extra breaks to catch my breath..it was suggested for me to pause the video while I do this so I can try and complete the whole DVD..

Do any of you do this? or do you just sit it out and pick up where they are when you can?
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Quick question.. I am on week 3 and still take extra breaks to catch my breath..it was suggested for me to pause the video while I do this so I can try and complete the whole DVD..

Do any of you do this? or do you just sit it out and pick up where they are when you can?

No, do not pause the video. If you need a break, just stop and catch your breath and jump back in when you're ready
  • jotun87
    jotun87 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I did Insanity - it got me great results on the scale. I didn't tone as much as I wanted to, and I felt uncomfortable with as much plyo as it offered - I modified A LOT of the movements.

After1.5 cycles (I hurt my knee after the first month of the second round) I got tired of doing the same thing and switched to TurboFire. I can do everything in the workouts and my body is getting way more toned then it did with Insanity.
  • springs47
    springs47 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I restarted Insanity on Monday after stopping while on vacation. I think I did two weeks of it before I left. Day 3 for me this afternoon! :smile:
  • kindred_spirit
    kindred_spirit Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Starting Insanity for the first time on Monday and cant wait to start seeing results!
  • bastabl
    bastabl Posts: 6
    Options
    w1 d 10 , i have some muscules pain , but i wont quit :) ... Insanity rules ...
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Starting Insanity for the first time on Monday and cant wait to start seeing results!

You will love it. Just remember to go at your own pace. You will start to see some results within the first 2 weeks.
  • turboturtlepower
    Options
    Completed my first round about a month ago. Great results! Would have gotten better if I followed the nutrition plan better. Currently doing an Insanity/Body Beast hybrid.
  • JustCallMeJaz
    JustCallMeJaz Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I bought it about a week ago, and just started Monday... OMG I dont know what I was thinking, but Im excited about results!
  • m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    recovery week!