anyone with big weight to shed!

Options
Hi everybody. I'm looking to get a group of people together who are just starting out and have big weight to shed. My overall goal is 70 lbs and i would like to have contact with people who are going through some similar struggles with the daunting thoughts of 'how in the world am i ever going to get all of this off of me'. it seems almost impossible to me right now. I don't want to take pills and i don't want to do any surgery. If i put all the weight on myself I'm going to get it off myself.

I am imagineing a place where we can come together and discuss our struggles, share diet/meal plans as well as exercise plans.

If this sounds good to anyone, let me know!

Thanks!
Amber

Replies

• Candice83
    Candice83 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    i need to lose about 55 lbs... is that big enough? If so im keen
  • amberkins
    amberkins Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    i hope i didn't come off as putting a limit on weight. just a preference for bigger numbers haha. of course you are welcome!!!!
  • Tb4Kg
    Tb4Kg Posts: 11
    Options
    my overall tager is about 70ib
    how are you getting on? x
  • amberkins
    Options
    So far so good, i'm restarting after a lapse in healthy judgment. I have noticed lately that my close are looking better on me and it has gotten me really motivated to make a go of it. Mainly I do a lot of walking and swimming, i'm eating less lately do to lack of money but i know that it isn't very healthy. I'm learning how to make healthy small meals though.
  • degausser234
    degausser234 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    My goal is 80-90 lbs :)
  • degausser234
    degausser234 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    My goal is 80-90 lbs :)
  • Butterbean6737
    Butterbean6737 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi Amber. Just a quick note to say good luck. The task may seem daunting, even impossible but I can assure you that with the right motivation and support you will achieve it.
    I have lost 64lbs since the start of the year towards my target of 112lbs. I've hit a few speed bumps along the way but you are doing the right thing by getting some other members to help support you along the way.
    Good luck and best wishes.
  • xojox
    xojox Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    my starting place was 89lb and i've lost 14 so far, but the more support the better i say xx
  • sah84
    sah84 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi there,

Great idea! I just started using this site yesterday, and my goal is to loose 70lbs. It seems like a huge task and will take just over a year, which in itself is pretty scary, but will be so worth it. The idea of having a group of us all doing something similar and being able to support each other etc. sounds great! Count me in :)

Sah x
  • mekhala
    mekhala Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone

I have 120lbs to loose and think your idea of getting a support group together is good, count me in! i keep falling off the wagone, mainly becasue i get hungry after exercise, and think i can eat anything i want!! Looking forward to loosing a lot together,

just want to say well done to butter bean, 64lbs since Jan this year?? thats fantastic, a real motivation!

mekhala x
  • amberkins
    Options
    YAY welcome everybody! i hope we can all learn from each other and ultimately help each other succeed in our goals!
  • sifu33
    sifu33 Posts: 34
    Options
    hiya, happy to join in, my total loss target is 98lbs, Iv done the first 14lbs on me own, then found this and in week did 4.4lbs. Im now just taking it easy. its getting motivated to do the exercising which is critical. Happy to be friends share thoughts etc. Gud plan
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I have to lose around 48... It is tough, but I try not to think about it and focus on eating right and exercising.

Also taking one day at a time is good approach. Feel free to add me as a friend for mutual support.
  • wiseg2
    wiseg2 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I want to lose about 131 more. I've lost around 35 lbs so far.
  • terrijayne
    terrijayne Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    looking to lose around 50 - 60 pounds. well im more aimng to get back into a pair of size 14 (uk) bay jeans that i own and are hiding in the bottom of my wardrobe waiting for my sexy butt to get into them lol. add me if u wanna chat
  • Kelle29
    Kelle29 Posts: 14
    Options
    I need to lose 126 lbs :( so i am in
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I have lost to date..132lbs and need to lose another 90ish..I chose to have lapband surgery..but I am doing this not the band so I guess everyone has the choice to make for themselves eh.
    I completely relate to when you have a lot to lose its very intimidating. But I've learned to take everything one day at a time, one food choice at a time and 1 pound at a time..and live for the day much more than I had before..it makes it much easier to celebrate the small accomplishments..and they become big accomplishments if you keep it up and are consistent because I've changed my life. 90lbs more well you know what it doesn't seem that bad compared to the 220lb's I had to lose @ the beginning.
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    I started with needing to lose 88 pounds, I have lost 21 so far (in about 3 months). I understand the struggle to eat well every day. I actually have started pre-packing my next day's food and logging it in my journal and I strive to not deviate to much from the plan. It also gives me a good idea of what my calories will be for dinner. I also have to tell myself that I will have bad days, and to just keep trying with every decision to make the healthy choice. :smile:
  • mbeuchert24
    mbeuchert24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hi! My profile pic was kind of my last straw (taken approx a month ago) I need about 75 lbs to get into the upper limit of a healthy weight. I am also considering joining the Navy when hubby's contract is up so I need to not only get in shape but lose the weight before they will even consider me! I also have 3 small children that I would like to set a good example for.

My biggest challenge is wanting to eat junk food...I love junk food! As far as excercise goes, I may be out of shape but it is the one area where I am most motivated and really good at pushing myself (for the most part). I am hoping to start a fitness boot camp within the next couple weeks.
  • jess1430
    jess1430 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    I think it's great that you are reaching out and looking to give and receive support. I'd love to be included! I have about 75 lbs to lose to get to a "healthy" weight range. I usually manage to lose about 15lbs and then sabotage myself, but I think i'm finally ready to stick with it! I will need all of the help I can get, though!

Good luck! =)