anyone with big weight to shed!

Options

Replies

• Nina74
    Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I would love to join. I've lost 15, with about 140 (ideally) to go. Would love to join in!

Nina
  • mbrownks77
    mbrownks77 Posts: 137
    Options
    I'm in! I want to lose at least 80 lbs. but I need to lose about 100 to get where i need to be.!
  • jandv1991
    jandv1991 Posts: 19
    Options
    Hey!
    I have about 40 more to go to make 130+ pounds lost. Over the last 2 years I have lost almost 85 pounds and I have struggled this year to take off these last 40 pounds.
    Good luck to everyone!
  • carrotstick
    Options
    That's a really good idea!
  • smalltowncutie82
    Options
    My first goal is 40 but after that I have another 30 sooooo 70 total but that scares me so I'm just focusing on the 40 right now :-)
  • ican♥and♥iwill
    ican♥and♥iwill Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

What a great group to start! It's always hard jumping on the wagon when the goal is set so high, but I just want to let you all that it can be done!! I've currently lost 95 lbs since about May of 2008, it's taken me a while and there's been times when I've fallen off and veered towards my old ways, but I'm still doing it!! It's gonna be hard, but it can be done. I still have about 30-45 more to go!!

Best of luck to you all!!
  • maydianna
    maydianna Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

Count me in! I started at the first of the year weighing almost 300lbs. With the help of Medifast (no I'm not totally on my own) I've lost 79 to date with at least another 66 to go. I have struggled with weight all my life and can't even remember the last time I was under 150 lbs. I would love to join in with all of you - the support here in the MFP community is awesome!

And in case anyone is curious about Medifast feel free to ask - it has literally saved my life.

Congrats all on the big goals and big accomplishments - it is achievable!
  • maydianna
    maydianna Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

What a great group to start! It's always hard jumping on the wagon when the goal is set so high, but I just want to let you all that it can be done!! I've currently lost 95 lbs since about May of 2008, it's taken me a while and there's been times when I've fallen off and veered towards my old ways, but I'm still doing it!! It's gonna be hard, but it can be done. I still have about 30-45 more to go!!

Best of luck to you all!!

Love the before and after profile pic - you look awesome!!! Great job!
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    My first goal is 40 but after that I have another 30 sooooo 70 total but that scares me so I'm just focusing on the 40 right now :-)

One step at a time. You can do it!
  • scoutwife706
    Options
    Hello,

Count me in too!!! I would like to lose 100 lbs. I tried losing weight last year during my husband's deployment, it went well for a few months and then the stress got the best of me. After my husband returned home, I gained back the weight I had lost and some extra!! This time I'm determined to do it right, I've been overweight since I was about nine and I'm ready to finally feel good about what I look like on the outside :)
  • kaylanlynnNW
    kaylanlynnNW Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Yep...about 80lbs. So how are you going to organize this group?
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I have about 40-50 to go, but have lost almost 50 already
  • spike1380
    spike1380 Posts: 82
    Options
    Count me in!

I hit my highest ever weight in January. I was 230 when I left for Disney. When I got home from Disney, I had lost a little from all the walking and that was what jump started my weight loss. My end goal is 125 so initially I needed to lose 105 pounds! That's how much my sister weighs and she's older, taller, and has had a kid! By the way, I am 5'2" so even at 207, I am still morbidly obese.

Weighing over 200 is fairly new for me. Until 2008, my highest weight had been 205 and that only lasted about a month. Generally I was around 190. Between 2008 and June of 2009, I weighed about 175 or 180. My eating habits were terrible but I had a very physical job to keep me in somewhat not horrible shape.

In June 2009, I stopped working to have surgery for work-related tennis elbow in my left arm. I was 170 when I had my surgery. By he end of the summer, I was 190 and not being able to use my left arm had caused tennis elbow in my right arm. I ended up losing my job in September because there is no way I'm putting my arms through that work again, and there was no way they were going to wait another year or so for my arms to heal enough for me to return.

Between September 2009 and January 2010, I ballooned from 190 to 230. I dropped from 230 to 211 between January 2010 and July 1. Initially I cut out all junk food but didn't exercise. Then I exercised but ate junk food and binged. Then I stopped exercising and kept eating junk food.

Before I could gain back what I had lost, I joined MFP at the beginning of July and have gotten really serious about staying at or under my calorie goal, eating my exercise calories, and exercising every day. In the last 2 weeks, I have dropped from 211 to 207.

I haven't gone back to work yet because I am used to heavy, repetitive work and I can't do that any more. I'll go crazy if I have to work in an office again though so it's time for me to make a change to my entire life, not just to my body.

I have enrolled in Community College and now I'm just waiting to hear about financial aid. If I get enough, I'll go to school to work on my mid-goal of a degree in Biology or Chemistry. An added bonus of going to school is that they have a gym! and a pool! If I don't get the financial aid I need, I'll have to find a job. I am trying to think positively though so right now my goal is to be under 200 pounds before the school year starts!
  • MaryBethD
    MaryBethD Posts: 13
    Options
    I'm in!!!
  • MrsSki
    MrsSki Posts: 196
    Options
    I'm in! I have about 45 lbs to lose. I'm just trying to get under 200 and stay under 200, that's my first goal!
  • mandyshell
    mandyshell Posts: 55
    Options
    Oooh ooh, pick me!! lol. I've still got about 80 to lose to get to my main goal :) I think that's a great idea!
  • tara3103
    tara3103 Posts: 107
    Options
    I'm in as well! I need to lose about 100+ lbs and have done 15 so far since joining MFP on June 1st!
  • tplumbtree
    Options
    I'm in! I have around 120 to lose. It's great to have support from others going through the same thing. I have a great family and friends but they don't have any idea of what it's like daily to live like this.
  • Sarandipity
    Sarandipity Posts: 1,560
    Options
    I am in too, I have lost 104lbs between Jan 2009 and March 2010, but I still have about 46 to do. I have been taking a bit of a break for a while, but I need to get back into this. I started my journey at 300lbs and have been fluctuating for the last couple months between 196 and 202. I need that extra push to burst through this holding pattern I have been in :flowerforyou:
  • tlapdx72
    tlapdx72 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I'm in :) I would like to lose around 75 Lbs. I started out at 227. I lost 40 Lbs., but I have gained some of it back now :( I now weigh around 204.