quick tip for you 30 shredders

Options
2»

Replies

• rangersbride
    rangersbride Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    how do u get up at 5 am !!! I struggle getting up at 7am for work at 8 lol I wish I could though

this is my problem :-( I always feel better if I exercise in the morning and I do feel the benefits...but its too easy to stay snuggled up with my hubbie! xx
  • KayteeB07
    KayteeB07 Posts: 341
    Options
    I guess everyone's different haha
    Best to do what works for you x
  • thejubster1
    thejubster1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm an exercise after work girl.....I'm too snug in the morning to get up early - plus its the only way I can be sure get out of the office at a decent hour. I then block some time in the early evening that I am not free to do conference calls and do 30Ds or hit the gym - its my way of defining 'me' time.
  • capslockid
    capslockid Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    OK - so I was thinking about doing this as I know I'm going to struggle to fit in exercise after work because of the time I get home and I like to spend this time with my kids. After all the positive comments on here, my minds made up and I'm in for the 5am start... bring it on!!!
  • jaymesjourney
    Options
    I want to do that but that means I'd have to wake up at 4am to be at work by 7(long commute!) but I really want to try it because I'm having to down 2 cups of coffee AND 2 monster energy drinks in order to function :(
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I would love to get this over with early in the AM, but I can barely get out of bed at 6:30 for work and to get the kids to school on time as it is! And I doubt my boyfriend would appreciate me doing it while he's trying to sleep. lol. I was thinking of trying it when school is done and I can get up later. (although not sure what to do about the sleeping boyfriend. hmmm...)
  • tooliebell
    tooliebell Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I start level 2 today. Would love to do it first thing in the morning but I am really not a morning person. I think I am going to give it a whirl. All 3 of my kiddos start soccer this week and with their practices at night, I'm already rusing around to get everything done before 10pm. SOOOOOOOOO Tomorrow, I'm going to try it.

One thing I hate about this dvd is the Jillian talk before you get to the workout menu., you can't fast forward through that. I shut off my dvd player in between workouts and it always reverts back to the beginning of the dvd so I have to spend about 4 mintues waiting through the intro so I can fast forward to the workout menu, then wait for her to talk...I just want to pop it in and play dang it!
  • sastrodder
    sastrodder Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    So far so good, I'm so glad I read this thread!!!! Thank you
  • sastrodder
    Options
    I start level 2 today. Would love to do it first thing in the morning but I am really not a morning person. I think I am going to give it a whirl. All 3 of my kiddos start soccer this week and with their practices at night, I'm already rusing around to get everything done before 10pm. SOOOOOOOOO Tomorrow, I'm going to try it.

One thing I hate about this dvd is the Jillian talk before you get to the workout menu., you can't fast forward through that. I shut off my dvd player in between workouts and it always reverts back to the beginning of the dvd so I have to spend about 4 mintues waiting through the intro so I can fast forward to the workout menu, then wait for her to talk...I just want to pop it in and play dang it!

tooliebell, tell me about it. What I've been doing is switching the dvd on first and letting her chat away to herself while I get my workout gear on so that by the time I'm ready she has finished her intro talk!!!
  • corrsfan
    corrsfan Posts: 26
    Options

tooliebell, tell me about it. What I've been doing is switching the dvd on first and letting her chat away to herself while I get my workout gear on so that by the time I'm ready she has finished her intro talk!!!

I do exactly the same thing! Put on my shoes, etc. while she talks about being TV's toughest trainer. Morning workouts definitely work better for me though I don't think there's a scientific reason for that. It's just that for me it's the time of day which I can almost certainly commit to on a regular basis as there are likely to be fewer distractions (unlikely I'd be meeting my friends for coffee or wanting to watch TV at 6AM). Plus I'm usually pretty tired after work and the thought of facing Jillian after a long day in the office would tempt me to stay in the office till bedtime.
  • 19Lindsay76
    19Lindsay76 Posts: 135
    Options
    my first attempt of 30DS and i always done my workout in the evenings.

This time around i decided to switch it up and wake up at 5am so i can do it in the morning and the difference is amazing!! Yes Jillian still kicks my butt lol but i have alot more energy and ive now discovered what these endorphins everyone used to talk about after exercise, that high people get lol

After exercising in the morning i feel so happy and alive lol and im in a good mood for the rest of the day, whereas when i done it in the afternoon or evening i felt miserable

:)

That is exactly how I do my shred workout during my work week. Up at 5 A.M. to get energized for my day :) Besides if I wait until I get home from work, I never want to do it by the end of the day...and I have a desk job so I definately need to make sure I get those workouts in ;)
  • sastrodder
    Options
    Thank you for planting the idea in my head to do this first thing, I'm actually going for an hour run tomorrow night so I'm not going to do it in the morning and now that I'm up to level 2 I actually already feel guilty about missing a day!!!!