Do I need a protein shake even on days...

Options
Do I need a protein shake on rest days or days I miss a workout or are they just for a post workout?

Replies

• JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Do I need a protein shake on rest days or days I miss a workout or are they just for a post workout?
    Depends if you're meeting your protein goals or not. Nothing special about the shakes versus protein from food. They're just useful if you struggle to meet your protein target.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Depends if you're meeting your protein goals or not. Nothing special about the shakes versus protein from food. They're just useful if you struggle to meet your protein target.

Exactly what i was going to say. :drinker:
  • perfect_storm
    perfect_storm Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I need the shake then, I eat more veggies than anything else. And yogurt, I like yogurt but not every day.
  • BrookieHatesCookies
    BrookieHatesCookies Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I would be careful if you're worried about going over your calorie goal since protein shakes are pretty dense.. if you're not feeling full I would spread leaner choices of protein throughout the day so you can eat more volume rather than condensing your day's worth of protein into one shake.
    If there's not really a problem with cal/protein intake then its fine!