Hardest vice to give up/restrict

Options

Replies

• robinswan124
    Options
    Peanut butter.
    Just last week I was eating it on a piece of toast 2-3 times a day.
    I'm going to miss it :(
  • jade2112
    jade2112 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Diet mtn dew and grilled cheese sandwiches.
  • Saaaam42
    Saaaam42 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Beer
  • SabrinaLily
    SabrinaLily Posts: 121
    Options
    I drink a TON of soda but it's Diet Pepsi so I haven't changed that yet. The one vice I can't let go is booze. What I found though was a low-cal drink that I could incorporate into my calories. Yeah, I can only have one a day but it's nice knowing I can still diet and lose weight without having to be extreme.
  • Sues1824
    Sues1824 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    sugar
  • Amy106Days
    Amy106Days Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Chips any variety I can not eat the portion size I always over do. And Subway Sandwiches ...no matter how healthy or unhealthy the bread type and topping I will mean to eat a 6" but inevitably just go to "take one bite" of the other half followed by eating the whole darn thing and then feeling disappointed.

I can control myself with crackers and all other sandwiches not sure what it is about chips and Subway. So for now it is no chips and no Subway for me.
  • KittyKarma31
    KittyKarma31 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Carbs and Ice Cream- The carbs are worse tho I love bread and bagels and pasta. I have gotten alternatives and I know a lot of people say in moderation, but for me that doesn't always help. Mainly cause I could eat it all day long and I crave carbs like other people crave chocolate.
  • endlesswonderr
    endlesswonderr Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Chocolate! Although I still give into cravings a lot more often than I should.
  • Brownsbacker4evr
    Brownsbacker4evr Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    All about willpower. Have had no issue giving up anything. If you want it bad enough you make the sacrifices. At least for me, that is. Not to say i've given up things I used to eat completely. But I have moderated it BIG time. I will say, If I had to pick, it'd either be Chinese or Pizza. I frequently filled myself with that garbage a few days every week back when I didn't care.
  • ekahnicole
    ekahnicole Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I thought giving up regular Coke and sweets would be the hardest but actually its things like pasta and pizza that are more difficult to resist or eat small portions of.
  • xXxHBICxXx
    xXxHBICxXx Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Food .... *sigh* all food. I just :heart: it all so much lol
  • ooerr
    ooerr Posts: 6
    Options
    Wine and chocolate! if there is a gigantic bar of chocolate lying around, I find it really difficult to just have a little bit... Unfortunately, I'm kind of an "all or nothing" person :(
  • danglarity
    danglarity Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Condiments! Although I haven't given them up (I have swapped for low cal/low fat versions in most cases) I love all the things you put on food to make it taste better: dressing, margarine, ketchup, sauces, dips, syrups, sour/cream cheeses, etc. Oh, and I have a weakness for ice cream which I tried to swap with sugar-free ice cream and decided I'd rather not have it at all!
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    In retrospect, I don't think I ever had to give up anything. I just found alternatives. Like making a burger more nutritionally dense!
  • jody664
    jody664 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Smoking. I quit on Tuesday of this week.
  • flobag83
    flobag83 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    wine. red and white, i don't discriminate.

^^ chardonnay is a major vice of mine!
  • gibmo2
    gibmo2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    ice cream
  • kaydrinkscoffee
    Options
    Alcohol, meat, chocolate and crisps ><

I miss you guys </3
  • knottyceltic
    knottyceltic Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    <<<<CHOCOLATE>>>>> I can't ever give it up. Now I have just one chocolate bar on the weekend to satisfy the gnawing hunger for it.

I also will never give up my sugarfree soda. I just love it too much and can't get water past my mouth. I find water smells bad and tastes even worse. I know diet soda shouldn't ever be a substitute for water but that's the best I'm willing to do.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Pizza.