WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY

Options

Replies

• smelliott
    smelliott Posts: 120
    Options
    Hi everyone,

We are here in wet, wild and windy Calgary. Since we arrived on Saturday we've had hail the size of golf balls, thunder and lightening and lots and lots of rain :sad: We hoping it will be better tomorrow as we have tickets for the rodeo at The Stampede. Thurs and Friday we are taking a trip to Banff and Lake Louise before we have to head off back to England on Saturday. I haven't been logging my food but apart from Saturday (a very long day ) when I never seemed to stop eating I haven't been too bad (I don't think). We will find out when I get home to my scales.
    Hope everyone is doing well.

:heart: :heart: :heart:
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Hi everyone

It's been a rainy day today, just managed to miss it on our morning dog walk, but we got soaked this evening :ohwell: We thought as it was raining that not many people would be out walking on the field - big mistake :grumble: - everyone seemed to be out. One small dog came running over to check us out as soon as we got onto the field (hadn't had time to take Tara off the lead) DD went running off with Frankie to keep out of the way. Usually Tara is fine with other dogs so I said to the man chasing the little pooch 'Don't worry about her' and what did the little madam do she snapped at the little dog (probably because she was on the lead) nothing too bad mind but I had to tell her off - don't they love to show you up :huh: We managed to get half way around the field and another dog came charging over and DD had to run off again, this time Tara was friendly (off the lead) but talk about stress trying to avoid them all.:grumble:

:smile: I've treated myself to a pair of those shape up trainers. They were quite hard to walk in at first, I kept losing my balance, but I'm getting the hang of them now although they still feel a bit strange. My friend Cindy at work tried some and kept saying how good they were, mine are a different make to her though but I think it's the same principle a work out for your legs :bigsmile: (can I add this as exercise) :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Before I go I have a joke for you

Why did the Frog meow?

Because (are you ready for this?)

He was learning a foreign language :laugh: :laugh:

:yawn: Well I think it's time for bed for me I'm shattered I've come to the conclusion that work doesn't agree with me it's too tiring:wink:

BFN

:heart: Viv :heart:
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Hello All,

Thank goodness for the inside exercise choices this time of the year. I am an outside girl, but it has been a real challenge this summer to stay outside as much as I normally like to...and I am really liking Leslie Sansone's 4 fast miles! That and the elliptical have been a life-saver. I like to hear what everyone else is doing to mix up their exercises...I do think doing something different helps keep the weight loss going.

Robin: I have had to have 3 colonoscopies since the first one at age 50 showed polyps...bad ones...so PLEASE schedule one soon. (the good news is they take them out if you have them during the procedure and you are DONE) The procedure itself is no big deal. You will likely not even remember it as they put you under. The preparation is not what I would describe as "fun" but it too isn't as bad as it used to be according to my parents. Plus: One day with no solid food isn't the worst thing for us trying to lose some pounds! So just do it...one more thing to mark off the list. The boob squishing thing too. (love your name!) Oh the fun we get to have as we grow up, huh?

Chicklet: Wishful's suggestion on how to easily hold your new grandbaby is a great one. Let us know how it goes. I am a baby loving girl, so I can't get enough of those soft little ones, but you take it as you are able.

Denise: I hope that the weather is better for the rest of your trip. Sounds like a lovely plan you have.

Need to go get my exercise in...I do so much better when I can get it in early in the day. I struggle getting going when it is this late in the day. Take care! :heart: kackie:heart:
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Viv,

I only have one thing to say about work: "Work is a four-letter word!":noway: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Not sure how but lunch of hard boiled eggs, hummus, and blueberries ended up being eggs w/no hummus, a cold chicken leg, and a sandwich thin with some almond butter. Strange but filling combination.

I am planning minimal calories today to make up for yesterday. I will adopt the same attitude as the cat I described, who stalked regally out of the room after falling off the tv during a nap. Remember, I said it appeared he was thinking " I MEANT to do that!!:laugh: So when I overdid it on the carrot cake yesterday and went over my calories, it was part of the "plan" to zig zag my calories and eat under today.......hmmm what's that I heard you say? "Rubbish!!" AKA "BS":laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Well, it SOUNDED good!!:blushing: :blushing: :ohwell:

The doggies did make it out for a walk, but they were a little laggardly at the end as it is just warm enough out to bother them, even though the sun was playing hide 'n seek with the clouds.

Hope all have a good evening. I have to go out as a friend has an uncooperative printer that I have to go and have "words" with. I also have to stop at my mom and dad's with the large section of carrot cake that last night's hostess insisted on sending home with me. I am palming it off on my parents. My dad loves carrot cake, so it is one "leftover" he won't mind receiving.

Barb
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

Well, I just realized my last post got lost somewhere.

Chicklet- Keep us updated on holding that new baby. We all wish we were there with you encouraging you. Everything will be fine.

I just love days like today where I have everything planned out, the plan goes wrong, but I accidently end up under my calories anyway.

Have a great evening everyone,

Jeannie
  • mimi7grands
    mimi7grands Posts: 616
    Options
    Today was filled with running grandkids down the hill (to VBS) then up the hill, then down, then up, repeat. I thought about going down one more time, to the gym, but couldn’t stand the thought. It’s about 35 minutes each way. I’m trying to get up the mojo to hop on the exercise bike here at home. First, a salad; then, we’ll see. I’m going to keep my calories down so I have a choice. I like choices. But, yes Robin, I do know it’s good for me!! And I will feel better after. There, I’m half way there!

Chiclet, A new grandson is wonderful. Congratulations!!! By comparison, one day off your eating plan means nothing at all. I hope you’ll feel comfortable holding him soon. Maybe if you sit next to someone who's holding him so you can cuddle him a bit too but not have to be afraid of having the whole responsibility.

Amanda, you handled the home selection so tactfully, with perfect results. I laughed to hear that your step-grandson had a hard time keeping up with you. Way to go!

I’m happy for you, expecting twin grand**s. I hope DD #1 has good luck soon. 8 times is incredible. My niece is getting IVF in about a week. The process – and all the efforts before it – is so hard. The mega-hormones have her feeling sick all the time. I feel for anyone who longs for a baby and has a hard time getting pregnant.

Jackie, you’ll get there. With all the Zumba, even if the scale doesn’t show a loss, I’ll bet you’ve lost inches. A pound of muscle takes up less space than a pound of fat. Increasing your lean muscle mass not only makes you slimmer and less jiggly, it also helps you burn more calories even when you’re not exercising. That’s a real win-win. Good luck with your mum. I feel for you.

Hi Terri, I’m sorry for the pain you’re feeling. Remember that one day is just one day. No big deal as long as you get back on track, which you already have.

I used to think eating food that tasted really, really good would make me feel better. (Notice, I say “used to,” as if it were a long, long time ago…that’s what I want it to be…and what it will be!) The premise never worked, I just kept eating, trying to get to that perfect bite and never getting there. Now I realize the first bite is the best bite. It’s all downhill from there. That’s saved me a time or two.

I’m so glad you’re back to taking good care of yourself. To me, getting back on track was the hardest part. I’d get into the mindset of, I’ve already blown it, might as well eat what I feel like eating today (and the next day, and the next, and so on). I’m proud of you.

RedHairedChili, good for you for staying with it. Those “darned” scales can be a pain in the neck. But, when you know you’re doing the right thing, if you keep on doing it, you’ll eventually see the results you want. It’s a sure bet.

Robin, you are so healthy. Dang, girl, you never stop. You are an inspiration! BTW, I had to go back in and edit this post because I just realized you've only been doing this since February. Since February and you've lost 28 lbs. 28 lbs! And you're darn close to your goal. That is truly amazing.

xx
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    :sad: Robin, it sounds like the colonoscopy can be done while you're "under". Not so in Canada. I have been putting it off, since it turns me "off'. Mammograms are an annual affair for me, and nothing to worry about. Here the staff is soooo kind and understanding. If you still menstruate, schedule it not on a pre-menstrual day. :wink:

:cry: Today I flunked on accepting a soft and buttery chocolate chip cookie. The calories I walked off, but ooh the fat content. Not pretty:cry: And here I had a note on my bathroom mirror: "make good choices".

:bigsmile: Lesson learned.

:laugh: Tomorrow I hope to ride my bike to work and back. An hour and 15 minutes each way and hard pedaling. Yesterday I went and hit some balls. I LOVED it. Half hour of my own fun and at the same time hoping to gain a tad more expertise in the golf swing department.

:drinker: I read every post, but find it problematic to respond to each one. Nonetheless, my thoughts are with each and everyone. Including any newbies.

This is such a supportive group!!! I brag about you all.:bigsmile:

You all have a great evening. Having my skinny salad now with a glass of red.

:heart: :heart: Rebel :heart: :heart:

p.s. Robin, I agree with Mimi. You are an inspiration!
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Chiclet--is it that you are afraid you might hurt the baby? You should see the way the nurses manhandle the little tykes! Shortly after birth they are rolled all around , turned upside down, wiped, bathed, diapered--and it is really amazing how it doesn't appear to bother the babies a bit! Go a bit slow--they are surprisingly hard to break if one is reasonably careful!

I've had a so-so type of day. I've been kind of down and sort of not feeling right. Then I realized that I had not had any veggies yesterday! (VERY unusual for me!) I think Mimi is right--it did seem to have a bad effect on my mood. I've had lots of them today and am starting to feel better!
    It occurred to me that I didn't have any pictures of my other grandson, Aidan, on my profile! He is beautiful and was adopted by 2 very special people when he was born. (My youngest had him shortly after turning 16 and decided that adoption was the best solution. I think she made a very difficult but smart decision!) So, there are now a couple of pictures of Aidan on my profile. In the first he is 4 months old and the second was taken this past March (17th, in case you couldn't tell).

It appears that a number of us have the same walking buddy--Leslie Sansone. I have a LOT of her walking workouts and really enjoy them! They always seem to lift my mood, too--I think it's because she's always so positive.

Well, I need to get a few things done for tomorrow. I hope everyone has a good night.
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    Wow, what an active group of "mature women" :wink: Read all your posts. Just wish I was organized enough to respond to everyone.

Just finished up hubby's 3 days off. Tonight he went back on nights so I'm back to evening being my main exercise time. Just finished being skeeter bait as I mowed the lawn. We've had so much more rain than usual this July that I'm having a time keeping up!
  • mimi7grands
    Options
    Kathy, you've corroborated my intuition about veggies. They seem to make a big difference....more than just being good to ourselves (which helps in itself), but in actually making us feel more up. They're amazing. (To think I didn't like them 7 months ago!)
    :flowerforyou:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I'm a big veggie fan, too.......a friend brought me a huge bag of spinach from her garden and I steamed it and ate it for a snack :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: I had a collision with a big dog at the dog park and landed on my knee......now my knee is swollen and I'm limping.....I canceled a meeting tonight and line dance tomorrow :sad: and will probably have to cancel the walk with my friend tomorrow afternoon :sad: I think I'll be able to do yoga in the morning with maybe a few variations on some of the poses.:bigsmile:
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • wizzywig
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Mimi just wanted to say I finally got around to roasting some veggies a few nights ago and really enjoyed them. I had carrots sprouts brocolli cauliflower and mushrooms. I put them in a dish sprinkled them with a bit of oil and left them to roast (is that how you do it?) :smile:

I'll let you know if eating more veggies helps with my weigh loss.

Better dash DD wants to get on the computer before we take the doggies out, she's a member of a doggy forum and there's always a dash to see who can get on the pc first. :bigsmile:

Chat again soon, everone take care.

Viv :heart:
  • wizzywig
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I'm a big veggie fan, too.......a friend brought me a huge bag of spinach from her garden and I steamed it and ate it for a snack :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: I had a collision with a big dog at the dog park and landed on my knee......now my knee is swollen and I'm limping.....I canceled a meeting tonight and line dance tomorrow :sad: and will probably have to cancel the walk with my friend tomorrow afternoon :sad: I think I'll be able to do yoga in the morning with maybe a few variations on some of the poses.:bigsmile:
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

:flowerforyou: Sorry to hear about your collision Barbie (hope the dog was just playing and didn't see you) I know when Tara was a puppy she and Milo used to be so engrossed with running and playing with each other she never looked where she was going and knocked me off my feet a few times. :smile: DD said I looked like a weeble when I fell over :bigsmile: cheek. Anyway rest your knee and look after yourself :heart:

Viv :heart:
  • mimi7grands
    Options
    Barbie, I hope your knee feels better soon. Keeping yourself down is going to be a challenge!

Viv, I spritz the veggies with some olive oil then put them in a hot oven - usually around 475 f. Asparagus (my favorite) takes only 8-10 minutes. You have to be careful not to overcook or it turns stringy.

I roast most other veggies for around 15 minutes. Potatoes (which I cut into wedges) take longer - half an hours of so depending on size.

What's your method? I've wondered how they'd be roasted at a lower temp for longer but haven't tried it yet. How were the sprouts? That's a new one to me.

I went from a non-veggie eater to loving them. It's all in the cooking. :happy:

I never, ever eat veggies out of the freezer or a can, although I imagine they've been improved. I grew up on the then-new-fangled frozen veggies and detest them. My mom often mixed peas into a tuna casserole. :noway: Or we got them plain. I still cringe to think of it. :sick:
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Good early morning ladies,
    I think I am back now. I really believe things are settling down. This has been such a busy summer so far. It has been great but busy. I have tried to be good but not hard enough. Exercise has not been a regular thing. My goals for the rest of summer are to get back on track with good eating habits and exercise, exercise, exercise. I also have to get back to drinking my water. As most of you know this is usually easy for me but for some reason I have slacked on that. I brought Kenneth to airport yesterday (Monday) for his flight to Brazil. His flight to Atlanta was delayed for weather so he missed his connection to Brazil. He had to spend night in Atlanta and the next flight to Brazil was Tuesday night. That also was delayed so he got into the air about midnight atlanta time. he will arrive sometime tomorrow morn. he will be gone a few weeks probably. I plan to eat my slim fast and smoothies while he is gone and get my good weight back. Before I close I have to tell my story. We got back from Disney and the next week I picked up Kenneth from airport. Sat July 3rd we went to Heather's to celebrate 4th, and Skyler's 4th birthday and play some softball. when we got home about 8 pm I told kenneth that I was going to shower because if I sat down I would not get up. He said he would join me. We went into bathroom and after I started the water I made the comment to him that I heard thunder. He said he did not think it was raining so I opened the bathroom window to check it out. the window opens onto my back yard. When I opened the window I discovered that the noise was my above ground pool collapsing. It rusted out on one side and collasped and all of the water was gushing out. It took about 2 minutes to empty the pool. I have contacted the company to check on warranty but not heard anything yet. Kenneth says I can join the Y which is 30 min away. I loved my pool and am trying to figure out how I can get another. Anyway it is good to be back. I tried to read posts but there is no way I can catch up. Barbie I did read about your knee and I hope it is okay. Will post again tomorrow.
    Vicki M
  • weaklink109
    Options
    Mimi,
    You may have to start a new thread called "Veggieheads Anonymous":laugh: :laugh:

Barbie,

Hope you recover from your fall quickly. Sometimes big dogs are like bulls in a china shop, aren't they?

I managed to palm off the carrot cake on my parents, who were most appreciative. I didn't fix my friend's printer issue because she called me and asked to reschedule for tomorrow night.

When I got to my folks, I read an interesting letter written by a 90 year old man who is a long time friend of my dad. He owned a farm close to where my dad lived with his family as a young man, and for a few years, dad worked for him, after he got out of the Navy at the end of WWII. This guy's family is throwing a major birthday party for him at a hotel in a town in Central Washington about 200 miles from where we live. At first, my dad insisted he didn't want to go, but I reminded him this might be his last opportunity to see some of the folks who will be there, since everyone is getting older, and many have already passed on.

Turns out his biggest concern was what he was going to wear!!:noway: Due to the hormone therapy his is receiving for treatment of his prostate cancer, his weight has shifted around a bit and none of his regular slacks fit. He spends most of his time in elastic waist exercise type pants, but, of course, can't wear those to a party. So I assured him we can find some slacks that fit. I have a good idea of the size that will fit, and since it is a major undertaking to try things on in a fitting room, I am going to a specialty shop over in Portland that caters to big and tall men. They have at least two types of slacks that have elastic waists, so I plan to buy two pair in different waist sizes, and we will exchange whichever one doesn't fit.

My mom has plenty of clothes that are either too small or too big. We finally came up with a jacket that will work with a pair of slacks she has, but despite my recently purchasing several knit shirts for her, we don't seem to have the right color to go with the jacket, so there is another shopping trip I will be doing.:ohwell:

On one hand, I am glad they have decided to go, but on the other, I have just set myself up for a bushel of stress and worry. The logistics of travelling with my parents, particularly my dad, can be a bit daunting.

The doggies will not be making the trip, so that means they need accommodations. I don't think Bradley will do well anywhere without me except here at home, so taking him to "Aunt Jenna's Doggie Hotel" in the Columbia Gorge is probably not a good option. Also, her spouse is having some health issues, so I don't think they need three additional dogs to keep track of right now.

I am not crazy about leaving the dogs with my friend who keeps offering. I think Pepper might exploit any weakness in her backyard fence, and that would not be good. It appears I will need to have her stay in my place, but that means a major housecleaning project as I haven't been keep things up around here at all. I also worry about her propensity for absentmindedness. Boarding them would cost me about $60, so I prefer not to think about that!!

Thank goodness I don't have to decide all this tonight.

I am getting tired, so BFN
  • chicletgirl
    chicletgirl Posts: 113
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Well I went for my weigh in at the doctors and I lost only 6 pounds. I have to admit I was disappointed.:grumble: When I was on Jenny Craig a few years back, in the very beginning I lost 8 lbs in one week! Then averaged about 3 to 4 a week after that. I was shocked it was only 6 for the whole month.
    My doctor on the other hand was estatic. When I didn't return the enthusiasm, she promptly chewed me out so loudly that the cardiologist in the next room stepped out and went into our room and asked my doctor if she usually yelled at her patients. She told him "No, just her." Then explained why and he thought it was terrific too! After he left, she explained to me that while she could give me a diet that would have me loose weight really fast (she mentioned the cabbage soup diet) she said what I was doing was much more healthier for me. Jenny Craig had me lose pracitcally all my weight at that time, but because I didn't learn to eat on my own without Jenny Craig or eat healthy that is why I gained everything back. Plus I lost all that weight for the wrong reasons.

So she told me that by losing 1-2 lbs a week that this was a healthier way to lose weight and I would be more likely to keep it off because I was doing it slowly vs quickly. Add to that, that I was eating healthy and able to make healthy choices, I was making a llife choice change. She looked at my food diary and loved my food choices and the recipes I came up with and told me she would be discussing my progress with other doctors. She anticipates that at my next weigh in I will not be considered morbidly obese any longer. She also said she is now advising me not to have surgery after all as I obviously proved that I can make good choices and have turned myself around. Plus she was apalled that I was considering doing a gstric sleeve surgery.

Today, I swallowed my fear and my ex handed my grandson over to me. At first I was frozen with fear and feeling this tiny little baby in my arms scared me to death. He was so warm and like a litlle ball. He just slept there and gradually I relaxed. I managed about 20 minutes. Today he was circumcised and they were checking him every half hour for bleeding and such. Never seen this before and every time they opened his diaper to check if everything was okay, he cried. I imagine the diaper rubbing against him had to be painful. It made me very nervous and I felt really bad for the baby. Poor little guy. I know the doctors claim that the nerve endings haven't formed yet and it isn't supposed to hurt the baby, but I don;t believe it. He was fine when you left him alone but the minute they messed with his diaper he screamed every time! My ex has told me that I have to quit refering to the baby as 'THE BABYor THAT BABY" but as "my grandson". I don't think it has quite sunk into my brain that I have a grandchild and I sure as heck don't feel like a grandma and definitely don't want to be CALLED a grandma. Gotta work on this.

Well that's all for today.
    (Oh, my period started today, MAYBE that's why i didn't lose more weight. Water retention and bloating. Yeah, that's it.:smile:
    Chiclet
  • weaklink109
    Options
    Chiclet,

Since I don't have kids (human ones anyway,:wink::bigsmile:), and will, therefore, never have grandchildren (unless it would happen through marriage--an unlikely possibility) I am not quite in the same place as you, but I have a theory. For myself, I think part of the reason I never was in to the whole motherhood/nurturing thing was that I didn't feel "old enough" to be capable of being that responsible for another person. In the case of becoming "grandma," I am wondering if part of the hesitancy to personalize (for yourself) the arrival of the baby AKA your grandson, is because if you have a grandson, that makes you a grandma, which means you are getting "older"?

This is just an idle speculation, as I try to relate my own reactions to yours and see if there is any common ground. Feel free to tell me I am all wet. :drinker: :drinker: :bigsmile: Meanwhile, I am glad you were able to spend some time holding him. Hopefully things will get easier for you.

As for your weight loss, sounds like your doctor is happy, so even if you are feeling like you didn't accomplish as much as you wanted to, you ARE off to a good start. Congrats on your 6 lbs.!!! Look at the bright side, you didn't GAIN 6 lbs.!!!

It is late, and I shouldn't still be up.:ohwell: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

Barb
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies. I just want you to know I am still around but not on the computer all that much.

My day starts early and my nights are really tough to get on line.

MamaKim sent me a message and I just have no time to type it again so here is my response.

I am continuing to keep on track but no official gym. Just a lot of walking.

Hi thanks for communicating. It has been a long time. I’m still taking care of my parents most of the day. Plus, I clean their house which is not bad because our family moved them into a Mobil home and got rid of a lot of things at the time. Plus, my hubby and I make their meals for lunch and dinner.

My mom needs a lot of care. She was going to have her toe amputated but the doctors decided not to because she is so frail. They would have to go up to the knee. I am taking her every other week to have them take of the dead skin. She has diabetes. It is a terrible disease. She is also legally blind which really makes it difficult to get around. I have an advocate from the commission of the blind coming next week to see what they can do to make her life easier. I also take her to the skin doctor because she has skin cancer that pops up, the chiropractor because she has sciatica and to the eye doctors. Plus, her primary doctor. She has also be hospitalize for 6 weeks this past June.

Now my Dad, he has a little short term memory loss but not bad enough that he can’t do things on his own. He just for gets the current moments and I have to reminded him with notes for things to get for me.

So this is my life right now. Thank God my husband is such a great guy and believes in taking care of my parents. Through out the years they have helped us so it is natural for me to give back what I can.

I’m a little disappointed in some of my siblings. They do not come around as much now that it is summer. I have one sisters that does take my moms sugar in the morning during the week days and sometimes on week ends. But, she is also busy and I’m grateful she can do that on a constant basis.

So, I have lost weight because I just don’t stop. I would love to get to the gym to tighten up but can at this time. I’m just to tired when I finish with my parents, mentally and physically .

I don’t get on the site much I just don’t have the time to respond to every one!!

I hope you don’t mind but I will post this on our site.

Thanks so much for thinking of me

I have not time to read messages but I wanted my old friends to know I am still struggling to keep my weight down.

Lots of love Kathy (plantlady)

Sorry if you my not understand my typing I have to time to proof read.

I will check back some time today.

xoxoxxo
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies.

Barbie, I hope your knee improves! Bad knees are so painful.

Viv, your froggie joke was awful - I like it!

Barb, I would come and babysit your doggies in a heartbeat if I could! I am really pining for canine company.

Chiclet, six pounds off is brilliant! Well done! Also, good for you, overcoming your fear and holding your grandson.

Mimi, I'm totally with you on the veggies. They have always been my favourite food. The only one's that I don't like are parsnips, everything else is delicious. I don't do frozen, dried or canned either (apart from garden peas, I don't mind them too much). My favourites are definitely cauliflower and spinach. I could eat them at every meal. For breakfast today I had an egg scrambled with spinach (twice as much spinach as egg) and loads of crushed black pepper. It was scrumptious! Normally I just have my protein shake for breakfast, but I had an early appointment with my therapist and had my breakfast when I got home.

DH is working from home today. Much as I love having him about the house, I find I get far less done. I have warned him that I will be spending a couple of hours in my gym though. Also, he tends to make a lot of coffee when he's home and the temptations for me to have one is strong. Since I was given the all clear to start drinking coffee again a couple of weeks ago, I have been having one every morning, but I've already had two today! Not good.

Tomorrow morning I'm at the eye hospital to find out how my glaucoma is. I will walk to the hospital (which is about 45 minutes walk) but I will have to get a cab home as the drops they put in at the hospital make it difficult to see for some hours afterwards.

It's a little grey and gloomy here today. In addition, it's extremely noisy at present as we are having new street lights installed all down our avenue. The new ones look fab but the mess and noise is pretty bad. Hopefully it will be all done by tomorrow and our lovely peaceful avenue will be back to normal.

Well, I'll be back later. In the meantime, make good choices, drink lots of water and take care of yourselves.

Amanda x