WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY

Options

Replies

• RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome to all the newbies. Wow this group is growing. I love reading all the posts. The ups and downs and all that jazz......♫

Speaking of jazz.....I am organizing a potluck & BBQ this Sunday for my co-workers on our patio. The weather will be great (yes we now have "natural" heat). I think I'll make some salads to keep my palate satisfied.

:tongue: I rode my bike to work today - in the heat. Just to let you know, I'll be driving my air-conditioned car tomorrow, thank you very much! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Here's hoping for that scale to start moving DOWN again! :bigsmile:

(((hugs))) to everyone!

:heart: :heart: Rebel:heart::heart:
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Linda/tcac

Where I come from the caterer does what you hire them to do, not just what they think will be "profitable" for them. Unless you had an agreement that there had to be "X" number of people in attendance for the coffee bar to happen, then it is not only very unprofessional of her to back out, it is breach of contract!! If the caterer is getting paid to provide certain refreshments, then that is what should happen. Is there any chance you can find another caterer? THAT possibility might make your original one a little more "accommodating."

If you are stuck doing your own drinks, I do like the sound of the herbal tea idea.

Good luck--hope all turns out well.

I am not sure how hot it got here, but the temp display in my car said 100 (F)!! when I got back in to it after walking for 5 miles. I think it probably hit 95 at the highest. It is supposed to be even warmer tomorrow. The breeze today made walking not too bad. I did down 48 oz of water during my time outside!!:drinker: :drinker: If I go out tomorrow, I am going to try to do it in the morning.

Have a good evening all.

Barb
  • chicletgirl
    chicletgirl Posts: 113
    Options
    Thank you everyone for kthe nice notes of encouragement.

Jeannie- Today was severly lacking in calories so I had a baked potato with salsa, a pot pie, and mixed vegetables for dinner bringing my calories up to 1080 and my carbs over about 5. But that's okay because I had watermelon and my doctor told me not to count the carbs from the fruit. So I will have more fruit tonight. Thanks.

rjadams- I totally understand where you are coming from in regards to Congress and the extensions or lack of. I have not had a unemployment check since April. I live literally on my child support/spousal support and juggle my utility bills around so that they will not be turned off. I also am on food stamps. I lost my c ar ( I only had 1 year left to pay it off) Things are tough, but I have had some great friends that help me with things I can't purchase with food stamps, ex: toilet paper. Jobs are scarce and employers know they have the cream of the crop to choose from. I am dieting so that I can perform better at my job and look good enough to their satisfaction to hire. Forget the fact that I have 25 years experience, it just doesn't matter. But I have been hanging on. My son lives with me and we are surviving no thanks to congress.

Barb- I'm sorry it was 271 did i say 171? I wish. I have heard horror stories about the lap band procedure. Did those girls really find a way to cheat at it?? I was talking with one woman who said she went to one of the clinics "specializing" in the lap band and that they had so many people there to do it, that they literally were doing one consultation after another. She said she felt like a piece of cattle. The place I went to is a private doctor and he dot every "i" and crosses every "t". He was very good.

Susiewusie- Right before each new movie comes out of the Twilight series I re-read the book so that I am up to date on what to expect in the movies. Just finished Eclipse and am going to see the movie this week. I love the books too.
  • mimi7grands
    mimi7grands Posts: 616
    Options
    I’m back after a beautiful wedding on Hinkey Summit in Nevada. The temp was perfect – high 70’s with a light breeze. We were lucky. It could have been 100 and, in the clear, mountain air, that can be brutal. It also could have been windy. The winds had blown at 35 mph the evening before.

The hills on the way up to the summit (many, many switchbacks) were covered with wildflowers. The ceremony was touching, particularly when they washed each other’s feet. I’ve never seen that done before but really liked it. (Remember, this was NOT a formal wedding!) Annie’s dad read from the Bible and could hardly speak, he was so choked up.

We had a rollickin’ good time at the reception at a local B&B. Called the Stone House, it’s an old house (by Nevada standards!) surrounded by acres of mown lawn and a little creek. We ate outside at tables decorated with freshly picked wild flowers. The wine and champagne flowed freely. (A little two freely!) They even had a kids’ table with tiny ready-made birdhouses for the kids to decorate.

The family reunion the next day was fun too. The weather cooperated, staying in the high 70’s to low 80’s. That’s shocking for Winnemucca in July. It could just as easily have been in the 100s with dust storms.

My sister’s house and big lawn made a perfect setting for a reunion. We played horseshoes, beanbag toss, a game called Ladders which also involves throwing and at which I am also not good (!), and ping pong. My son and his friend stayed up all night the night before, and spent all day too, roasting a pig. For those of you who are vegetarians, close your ears! It was yummy, although I’m not sure it was worth so much trouble. The other food was good too, dang it.

The next day, we celebrated my grandson’s 11th birthday. He loved having so many people to celebrate with. The kids played on a homemade slip ‘n’ slide (30 or 40 ft of Visqueen laid over the grass, with a sprinkler on to keep it wet, then made even slipperier with liberally applied hair conditioner). They enjoyed scaring us with their crazy slides. Fortunately, they all survived and so did we.

As much as I enjoyed the long weekend, I missed all of you. My lack of control over eating disappointed me. I didn’t go crazy but came home 3 pounds heavier than when I left. I hope most of that's temporary The margaritas and nibble-y stuff got me. I’m back on track and mean to stay there. I'm going to have to do a better job of planning next time.

I’m not quite caught up with all the posts. I’ll see if I can catch up tomorrow. In the meantime, good night and fond wishes. I missed you! :flowerforyou:
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Mimi,

Sounds like you had quite a celebration. I am glad the weather cooperated for you. Tomorrow, they are saying we may reach 100(F)!! That would be a new record. Considering that prior to July 5th, you couldn't beg, borrow, or steal a temperature in the 80's, this is quite a change.

Don't worry about your eating transgressions. Life happens. Normal people over do it sometimes, and then they take things easy for a few days and go back to their former weight. You will too, and then you will keep going on your journey.

Chiclet,

It pains me to hear of your situation. I am glad you have a support system to survive.

As for your question about the lap band, there were two people--my supervisor, a female; and a male team member who both had lap band. They made a point of bragging about how they could eat more at a pot luck if they didn't get their bands tightened--something that I guess has to be done periodically in order for it to work properly. They both had abysmal eating habits, and how either of them ever passed the screening process, I don't know. I no longer work with either of them.

Well, I am ready to fall over, :yawn: so BFN

Barb
  • smelliott
    smelliott Posts: 120
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone,

I can’t believe how many posts there have been. I’ve only missed a day! I don’t have time to reply to everyone individually as I am leaving soon to drive the 350 miles (or so) to my sister’s house in Hampshire but I just wanted to pop in first.
    Welcome to all the Newbies. This is a great site and this thread is just the best!!!

Linda – so sorry to hear about the lady’s daughter. Such an illness is never easy to deal with but in one so young…

Laura, Barb and Esther – clam chowder sounds delicious. I have never tried it but I love seafood. The best seafood chowder I have ever had was in Ireland.

Robin – skating sounds a fun way to get in some exercise. I used to love it as a youngster but haven’t done it for years.

~Linda – sorry to hear about your dilemma with the drinks, you could try some non alcoholic cocktails, you can find recipes on line http://www.cocktail.uk.com/db/viewAllCocktails.asp?type=4

Renny – good luck with that scale.

Mimi – sounds like you had a fabulous trip. I know what you mean about a hog roast – my daughter had one last year when she got married and it was delicious. The crackling was delicious (I wasn’t a member of MFP then :laugh: :laugh: ).

Well, got to go. Have a good day everyone.

Bye for now

:heart: :heart: :heart:
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Wow, can't believe we're back round to Thursday!!

Hello everyone. Welcome back Mimi, sounds like you had a fabulous time. Apart from the heat and hogroast, I'm quite envious.

Linda, I found this recipe http://www.grouprecipes.com/49894/starbucks-frozen-frappuccino.html Not sure if it would help.

Robin, the roller skating sounds like a real blast!

I couldn't sleep last night. I think it was because my tummy felt full of water (I'd glugged rather a lot before going upstairs). In the end I got out of bed and went on the treadmill for quarter of an hour and then did 25 sit-ups on my 'bean'. DH thinks I may have gone slightly insane, but it seemed to do the trick and I felt much more comfortable afterwards.

Because of the problems with my back, plus my stomach surgery, I have been unable to do sit-ups up until now. Getting the bean has been wonderful as it's really supportive and allows me to do lots of exercises that were beyond my reach for many years. My tummy is always going to be gross, but with a bit of hard work it may at least improve.

We visited mum-in-law in the nursing home last night. Oh dear. One of the nurses took me to one side and asked if I could buy some new clothes for m-i-l. She has outgrown all the ones that I got her a couple of months ago. I've just ordered her a bunch of new things in a UK size 26. Hopefully they will fit her. It was a little depressing, having to go back on the old sites that I used to be forced to buy clothes from. It's times like this that I really appreciate the fact that I can now wear clothes from 'normal' shops.

My dad is not happy today. I don't think there is anything actually wrong with him at present, but he gets a little ..... let's say petulant for want of a better word ..... if I don't devote all my time to him. He's really upset with me because I have told him that DH and I will be going up to York for the weekend after next. What normally happens at times like this, is that he has a 'funny turn' the day before I go away. I have missed so many events and occasions because of this. He even tried to make me call off my honeymoon when we got married in 2008. Don't get me wrong, I will always be there for him if he needs me, but 99% of the time he just doesn't want me to go away and he ends up having a panic attack. I asked my sister and brother if they could have him for the weekend but both said that they were busy - not that I expected them to help out, they never do. Sorry, I'm just unburdening here - I'll shut up now!

On my way to dad's I'm going to drop off some more stuff at the charity shop. I cannot believe how much I've got rid of lately and yet, how much stuff there is still to dispose of!

I suppose I'd better make a start now. Good luck to everyone. Make healthy choices where possible please.

Amanda x
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, All!

FInally got on the scales today after being gone for a week...up half a pound, which is not as bad as I had feared. I ate lots and lots of fresh vegetables the last 2 days and not much else, so that helped undo some of the damage from a day or 2 of too much cheese, nuts, bread and wine...my usual downfalls.

Mimi: I know what you mean...I was disappointed that I lapsed back into old habits so easily...BUT...we both got right back on track! I think that is the key instead of beating ourselves up for the lapse. In the past the lapse would have gone on and on...So, we are all learning, right?:drinker: Your wedding and weekend sounds just wonderful. What a nice time!

Robin: The skating sounds like such fun! I haven't done that in ages and don't have skates anymore. (there are no trails for that here...BUT...there are in MT...so maybe I should get some more!)

I got a Leslie Sansone DVD, 4 Fast Miles, and look forward to using that inside this summer. The Elliptical is a treat in this hot weather. I finally have gotten past 20 minutes and it feels good. I love that I can do these in the afternoon when it is just too hot to do much outside.

Summer vegetables are wonderful now! Tomatoes, okra, field peas, squash, peppers, corn....YUM! You can tell from my list that I am in the South! I am enjoying the fresh, good treats of the season!

Take care all. I do miss so much this group when I am away and can't check in.:heart::heart: :heart: Kackie
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    Our Independence Day weekend was punctuated by thunderstorms. All the rain we usually get in May but didn't, came in those three days. Everything in my garden jumped and now I have the opportunity to burn LOTS of calories getting my yard mowed. I usually do inside the fence one day, and outside the fence another. We don't even attempt to keep all the acreage mowed, just enough around the house and garden to keep snakes away. Violet has been loving her jungle, but our pooch hasn't been the least bit appreciative. When she goes out to do her business all we can see is the top of her little head.

I didn't even attempt to log calories while hubby was off but did do my best to make smart choices. I can honestly say I didn't overeat at the family barbecue, but probably did overdo it on sodium. Guess I am getting old because slopping through the mud to light fireworks didn't appeal to me so I volunteered to stay indoors with the babies.

I didn't even attempt to exercise since Friday. I really have no excuse other than letting gray skies and a family situation I can do nothing about get to me to the point I was depressed the first few days and had a major crick in my neck the next. A visit to my masseuse yesterday helped tremendously as did a few diet dr peppers and a lunch date with a girlfriend on Tuesday.

Hubby has lost his first 5 pounds so my life just became much easier as he's now on the eating healthier bandwagon with me. My greatest challenge is his lunch the days he works as it HAS TO BE something shelf stable or taste decent cold or room temperature as he has no way of heating anything when he's out on location. He is often out there for up to 12 hours.
    He used to take a lot of sandwiches, but now he's getting interested in leaving the bread alone and limiting sodium. I don't want to burn him out on jerky, tuna salad, veggie sticks and apples but that s the direction we're headed... Any ideas would certainly be appreciated.

Still no word yet on the offer we made on the house. We're guessing the paperwork is laying on someone's desk who is out on vacation this week. Good thing we're not in any hurry! I'm having trouble focusing on much of anything else right now.

:happy: Skating for exercise sounds heavenly! Sure wish I had some place around here to do that!
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Laura - I can't believe I just realized you are in Denver! We could of met and gone for a walk together on one of my trips to Colorado this past year with DD's hip surgery. I don't know when we will get back up that way again.

For 18 months I worked in Denver 2 weeks out of the month and Albuquerque the other two. I could have settled there, but already had a house in the woods down here. I drove back and forth so I'd have a car when I was in Denver. It is a wonderful city and there is just so much to do there. Driving I25 is the most boring thing. This time we stopped in a new town and did the local tourist things. It was fun to see Pueblo and Trinidad instead of just getting gas and using the bathroom.

Jeannie
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Just got the call the DIL#2 is on the way to the hospital....hoping this is the real thing .... I need to get home and take Peanut and drop him off and get the lap top so we can skype in my son for the delivery.

Laura:smile:
  • BarbieCat1
    BarbieCat1 Posts: 82
    Options
    Hi all.

I just can't believe how involved my life has become all of a sudden. NO crisis, thank goodness, but there have been opportunities to overeat and none for a good hour's aerobic exercise over the past couple days... and the scale tells the tale even though I was "good". Not an ounce lost in 3 days. We're going out of town for a few days on Sat. which will test me all the further, as there will be a party and tempting heavy food. But this is real life and I must learn to cope with it and stay with the program. I'm taking along a veggie platter and fruit as my contribution.

Well... you do the best you can and march forward. Tonight will be another trial, as we're being taken out. I've suggested a seafood restaurant where I know I can get a nice piece of broiled fish on a bed of veggies without heavy sauce.

It's hot here, as usual, and my morning walk was sabotaged by an unexpected caller who overstayed... now, determined to get out for a walk, I must do it in the heat of the day.... since the evening will be occupied.

So.. why am I siting here typing? Could it be... procrastination? Well, enough of that. Later, ladies.
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Hi Laura...Thinking of you, your son and DIL...keep us posted! How exciting!

Linda: Here is the recipe that I have used some years ago that I served in a punch bowl. It is NOT low-cal by any means, but very nice for a shower or special ladies luncheon. Everyone loves it, especially coffee lovers! It serves 16-20 according to my notes:

1 Gallon Strong Freshly brewed Coffee
    1/2 cup sugar
    2 quart vanilla ice cream (can use light or low fat)
    1 quart whipping cream (I used real, freshly whipped, but again, could use light)
    Vanilla or almond extract, 1 teaspoon

Sweeten the coffee with sugar then let cool. Add the ice cream (softened a bit...I just set it in frig a little bit before I use it) and whipped cream, leaving some to use as each cup is served as garnish. You can make the coffee and sweeten ahead of time, but put the ice cream and whipping cream in just before you serve it so that it is cold!

Hope this is helpful. It is not difficult and is something you could assign to someone else to put together for you when you are ready to serve it. GOOD LUCK! I am sure that it will be a nice affair

Take care, all. Kackie:heart::heart: :heart:
  • anotheryearolder
    anotheryearolder Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Just checking in quickly. Finally made it to the gym today. It's the first time this week I made it and I must say I really miss it when I can't go.:frown: It crazy busy around here right now getting a truck full (literally) of stuff for two weeks at the beach. There will be grandkids, friends from Illinois and their daughter from Orlando joining us. I keep trying every year to whittle the stuff we take with little success. The Clampets from the old TV show the Beverly Hillbilly's comes to mind every time we do this...

Good news! I lost 3 pounds. :bigsmile: It seems I don't lose and don't lose and then lose a couple pounds or more at once. I'll take it however it happens as long as it does.:laugh: It couldn't have come at a better time too. This new loss and total of 20 pounds will give me the incentive to keep going while on vacation. The good friend that's a cooking fiend will be there, but I'm not eating what he makes unless it works out with the plan. I have foods in mind that are quick and good for me that I can whip up if I don't want what he makes.

I will log in when I can. I got the 30 Day Shred to take with and a battery operated scale and plan to walk the beach a lot as well.

I have been reading posts when I had a few moments but didn't have time to make a file and keep track of what's going on here. So I'll just wish you all the same success this summer that I'm looking for and will talk to you all later.

Oh, and it's great to see all the new people joining in and getting healthy! :drinker: :bigsmile:

Faye
  • chicletgirl
    chicletgirl Posts: 113
    Options
    Linda I have a recipe for a punch that was used at a potluck and everyone was raving about it. I had to copy down the recipe and hand it out to everyone. Unfortunately it is not diet either but maybe you could use diet 7 up. It was very fresh tasting.

2 liters bottles of punch (like the big bottles of Coke) don't know if that is a liter or 2 liters, either way 2 of them
    1 liter 7up (same about bottle size) but just 1
    ! can of pink lemonade
    1 tub of lime sherbert

Mix the ingredients and let the lime sherber float on top and melt slowly.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: high heat, low energy...just came back from the dog park where the high energy dogs gave up after 20 minutes and lay down in the shade....you are all so wonderful about posting that I felt like a freeloader just reading and not posting.

:flowerforyou: We have a nice weekend trip planned so today we're busy with laundry and getting the animals ready to take to be boarded....we'll bring a lot of our own food but there will be some restaurant meals (one of them Greek) in the plans and very little opportunity for exercise.

:flowerforyou: Faye, congrats on losing three pounds......that's the way it is, stay the same for awhile and then drop a few :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Mimi, glad you're back and back on track:bigsmile: your Nevada trip sounds like it was great

:flowerforyou: Laura, best wishes to you and son and DIL :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: chicletgirl, I have a friend who has a lap band and with the help of a weight loss support group she has been eating healthy, losing and maintaining her weight and good habits for over five years.......she was one of the people who inspired me to bring my own food to potlucks so I wouldn't be at the mercy of unknown food.

:flowerforyou: Amanda, best wishes with your dad. My mom in her later years did similar things and It was a challenge for me to sort out the needs from the manipulations.......do you know the Aesop's fable of the boy who cried "wolf".?

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,394 Member
    Options
    Today (Wed.) did an hour of deep water workout. Boy, it sure doesn't seem it when you're doing it, but I can't get over how much water I drink during that class. I usually average at least 24oz, just in the class alone. I figure I must be working hard, but it really doesn't feel it...that is, until the next day.....lol Tomorrow I'll do a DVD called "I want that body". Then, this Y has just started having a yoga class at 7 so I might try that Fri and then do the StairMaster for an hour.

Tiarapants/Amanda - the LaloFit DVD is good. It can be in English or in Spanish. Now he also has a second one, and that one I wasn't too crazy about when I watched the clip of it. But his first one is a workout, I can still feel my backside. Oh, I have the rebounder on my Christmas list. The only way I'll get it sooner is if I can find it on sale at a good price. Way to go going down a size in your clothes! Is your MIL going into a larger size clothes or smaller? I'm so sorry to hear that your dad is having panic attacks. Do others know that these are panic attacks? I remember FIL used to have them, but he and Vince would never admit that it was panic. They insisted that he was really sick, which surprised me since Vince is such a logical person. When the evidence showed that it was a panic attack (symptoms subsided as soon as he got to the hosp.), I would have thought he'd agree that it was panic. Even FIL's neighbor, who was a psychologist, said it was a panic attack. Just think, getting rid of stuff means you'll have more room for new stuff plus you're helping someone

Barb (weaklink) - talking about the screening for surgery patients. A very good friend of mine had WLS, and I was VERY surprised at how little psychological screening she got. Basically, it was a case of the MD asking her why she wanted to have it, and as long as she gave an answer that he wanted to hear, he cleared her for the surgery. Honestly, I don't think she really needed it, what she needed was to learn portion control and good eating. We went out to dinner once before her surgery, she was complaining about her weight but you should have seen what she ordered! A tuna melt (talk about the cheese, the mayo...the tuna was ok but that was about it) with french fries on the side. I remember I ordered a "diet" plate which was basically cottage cheese and luncheon meat on a bed of lettuce. Not the greatest, but certainly not the worst. Then after her surgery we again went out to eat. The amount of pills (suppliments) that she had to take! This time she ordered the salmon "because I need my protein". How embarassing it must be to go out with clients and they are paying and you don't eat. Oh well...that's her dilemma.

chicklet - I agree, losing weight for you and no one else is the only way to go. I'm proud of you for having decided on this

tcac - how very sad for the woman from your church's daughter. A very good friend of mine had brain cancer

mimi - the wedding sounds gorgeous! Glad you had a great time. Your reunion sounds great too. I know what you mean about how easy it is to fall into old bad habits. I was doing so well controlling my carbs, and then -- wham -- one day I fell off the wagon. I'm still trying to get back on a few weeks later. But I must admit, that it's not taking me as long this time.

Have a cooking question for you ladies. When I go to the food store, they have these rotisserie chickens that you can buy. I'm wondering if I can just buy a chicken at the grocery store and then put it on the rotisserie at home. How does that turn out? The chickens you get in the store are very juicy, and I wonder if they've been injected with some salt or something else. I figure if I can do it myself, then at least I'll know that there's nothing artificial (most probably) in it. Has anyone ever made one? How long do you have to put it on the grill for?

This is my time of year, fresh fruits and veges! Can't get enough. Poor Vince in that he'll eat only certain veges (corn, carrots, potatoes <white only>, tomatoes <not a lot and not warm, except on pizza, only in chunks if cold>. Me? I'm hard pressed to say which veges I WON'T eat.

Did 45 min of TamiLee Webb's "I Want that Body" DVD. I really like the DVD, just haven't quite figured out how I can play just one segment. See, there are 2 - 15 min segments, one for abs, one for arms, one for buns. I'd like to do one of each but I haven't quite figured out how to do that. Going to ask Vince to look at the DVD today.

Faye - congrats on the weight loss!

Everyone, have a great day tomorrow.

Michele
  • tcac
    tcac Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hi Laura...Thinking of you, your son and DIL...keep us posted! How exciting!

Linda: Here is the recipe that I have used some years ago that I served in a punch bowl. It is NOT low-cal by any means, but very nice for a shower or special ladies luncheon. Everyone loves it, especially coffee lovers! It serves 16-20 according to my notes:

1 Gallon Strong Freshly brewed Coffee
    1/2 cup sugar
    2 quart vanilla ice cream (can use light or low fat)
    1 quart whipping cream (I used real, freshly whipped, but again, could use light)
    Vanilla or almond extract, 1 teaspoon

Sweeten the coffee with sugar then let cool. Add the ice cream (softened a bit...I just set it in frig a little bit before I use it) and whipped cream, leaving some to use as each cup is served as garnish. You can make the coffee and sweeten ahead of time, but put the ice cream and whipping cream in just before you serve it so that it is cold!

Hope this is helpful. It is not difficult and is something you could assign to someone else to put together for you when you are ready to serve it. GOOD LUCK! I am sure that it will be a nice affair

Take care, all. Kackie:heart::heart: :heart:
    Thank you Kackie, this sounds great. I am not interested in low calorie, just ice coffee. I think I will make some tomorrow for trial and make DD#1 drink some.
  • tcac
    tcac Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Linda I have a recipe for a punch that was used at a potluck and everyone was raving about it. I had to copy down the recipe and hand it out to everyone. Unfortunately it is not diet either but maybe you could use diet 7 up. It was very fresh tasting.

2 liters bottles of punch (like the big bottles of Coke) don't know if that is a liter or 2 liters, either way 2 of them
    1 liter 7up (same about bottle size) but just 1
    ! can of pink lemonade
    1 tub of lime sherbert

Mix the ingredients and let the lime sherber float on top and melt slowly.

sorry but what are bottles of punch fo u mean hiwain punch?
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I am finding myself too busy getting ready to head out on vacation to check in much. I'm leaving Saturday morning, and will be back on the 22nd. I'll try to pop by tomorrow before I go.