Replies

• iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Nah, I feel like a gangsta.
  • Shawnzgirl78
    Shawnzgirl78 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    No. I feel disappointed with myself when I am off track for days in a row but I just get back on the track when I recognize and accept the issue and take it a day at a time! Doing something is better than doing nothing!
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Only after sex.

A guy feeling guilty after sex.
    Bwahahahaha

No, never guilt for a little chocolate if it fits in my numbers.

It was sex with a man...well a group of men, really.

The more the merrier I suppose.
  • Siobhan1983
    Options
    Nope. As long as I am in my daily limit, I don't feel guilty.
    I also let myself have a cheat day once a week, where I just stay under my maintenance calories.
  • 999peanut
    999peanut Posts: 14
    Options
    No.. I look on it more a lifestyle change than a diet.. and I could not live a lifetime without those things I love, but in moderation and fit in with my life and at the moment in my total, that is fine...
  • HappyKite
    HappyKite Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I used to, but now I don't. I don't view food as a reward or punishment anymore. That has been one major thing that has helped me to lose weight.

This.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Nope! Just had ice cream with lunch and it was yummy!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    Nope. And others shouldn't either. Guilt happens when someone believes they done something they shouldn't. You can have that cookie, just be aware of how many calories it was.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Guilt is a good thing, it shows that you care!

Whether you should feel that the guilty feelings are warranted are different.

If you keep those treats in your `allowance` for the day then no worries!

If not then, work them off!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Never! It usually fits in my day, but even if it doesn't, if I feel like having a few squares of dark chocolate at the end of the day, even if it's going to put me over, I eat it and enjoy it. I might even dip it in peanut butter. :smile:
  • xMonroeMisfit
    xMonroeMisfit Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    The problem here OP, is that your relationship with food is no bueno.

Stop looking at it as evil and you will LIVE.

Diets are short term. They bring short term results.

A way of life so to speak is what you should be aiming for. In life, we eat.

Veggies.
    Fruits.
    and GULP, the dreaded chocolate bar.

It's okay.
    It doesn't hurt.
    It won't make you fat just like 1 salad won't make you skinny.
  • tenajh
    tenajh Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    No, I do not feel guilty at all about food, increasing nutritional knowledge helps me to weigh out risks and benefits of food. I do feel guilty now if I don't exercise when I know I can. There are enough days when I cannot that I cannot afford to take advantage of days I feel strong and healthy.
  • Lalasharni
    Lalasharni Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    No - not guilty. I dont do guilt. I would only eat one though - and even then only if I REALLY couldnt resist it. Chocolate doesnt sit well with me but i still love it!
  • karenmi
    karenmi Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, but I get over it really quick!
  • blood6338
    blood6338 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Giving yourself a treat once in a while...especially if it fits in your numbers is a good idea. As long as it's not a trigger food maybe. But if you always feel deprived of anything it's going to hinder your being able to stick with an eating plan. I say go for it!
  • jdhoward_101
    jdhoward_101 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Indulgent but not guilty. :)

This. As long as i stay within my calorie limit, i feel naughty but not guilty :)
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I have a poptart EVERY day. No guilt.
  • durshley
    durshley Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, if I snack on some chocolate (my weakness), as I always seem to go over my daily sugar guideline D: It's impossible!
  • unapologetically_crystal
    Options
    if its in your daily calories whats the big deal? you shouldnt deprive yourself of anything. sometimes your body needs a treat...and you work hard for it. enjoy it! now yes, i do feel guilty if its OVER my calorie limits.. but that can be fixed with a little extra exercise.
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Giving yourself a treat once in a while...especially if it fits in your numbers is a good idea. As long as it's not a trigger food maybe. But if you always feel deprived of anything it's going to hinder your being able to stick with an eating plan. I say go for it!

I agree. If you deny yourself it, you'll make it worse! I tend to have a little freddo choc most nights lol x