o YouTube from work.... BUMP.
  • McSpike
    McSpike Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    bump
  • leeroxboro
    leeroxboro Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Good information, thanks!! I have to make some changes to my cardio routine!!
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
  • sbrownallison
    sbrownallison Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Ditto/bump/sfl...
  • Cathy7794
    Cathy7794 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I need to watch this later...maybe I'll get some answers to why I too have stalled.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    This is precisely why people should take diet breaks, also further asserts women to stop eating low calorie diets! Its nothing but trouble. I've been there in the past and it took a couple years to come out of that metabolic slump.
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    sfl

what's sfl?
    Save for later
  • AbsoluteNG
    AbsoluteNG Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that Layne Norton starts out by saying that there is no science to back up what he claims. What he is experiencing is through experience, so there must be something more going on.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    This is precisely why people should take diet breaks, also further asserts women to stop eating low calorie diets! Its nothing but trouble. I've been there in the past and it took a couple years to come out of that metabolic slump.

Totally agree with the bolded part. Recently after 3 months in deficit, it appeared I was stalled. Took a 2 week break as Lyle McDonald recommends, then went back to deficit. That was 3 weeks ago. Immediately lost 3 pounds water weight that I had been hanging on to for about 6 weeks and have since lost another 3 lbs. Breaks/ hormone resets are key both mentally and physiologically.
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    bump
  • Mock_Turtle
    Mock_Turtle Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    keep in mind he's talking about figure competitors who are also doing 2-3 hours of cardio a day. So we're talking about people who are already mega low bodyfat % and doing insane cardio volume.

I wouldn't extrapolate the statements to someone who is a noob and 50 lbs overweight and says they've hit a plateau 3 weeks in, which gets posted in new threads here all the time
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options