Options

Replies

• Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    GET A DIGITAL SCALE!!!

weigh the PB

weigh everything..log it.

you cant be sure if your calorie amount is good for you unless you are logging correctly!!!!!!!!
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    a jar every 5 days! WOW! Have you tried the PB2? Only 45 calories per serving, the the whole jar would only be 675 calories, divided by 5 days would only be 135 calories a day :)
  • viky1235
    viky1235 Posts: 9
    Options
    a jar every 5 days! WOW! Have you tried the PB2? Only 45 calories per serving, the the whole jar would only be 675 calories, divided by 5 days would only be 135 calories a day :)
    I would gladly try it, but I don't think we have it here.
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options

I don't know where you are, but you can order it online. Some places cheaper than others. I know Amazon has it
    they also have a chocolate pb too
  • viky1235
    viky1235 Posts: 9
    Options

I don't know where you are, but you can order it online. Some places cheaper than others. I know Amazon has it
    they also have a chocolate pb too

Oh, okay!! I will check it then! Thank you!
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    I just came in here because I love peanut butter...

Me too! What was I expecting to find? Close-up gratuitous peanut butter photos?
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I will not tolerate any bad-mouthing of peanut butter. You're just eating too much food.

Bad mouthing peanut butter will not be accepted!! Measure what you are eating - dont eye ball it!
  • Howl2013
    Howl2013 Posts: 32 Member
    Options

PEANUT BUTTER JELLY WITH A BASEBALL BAT!!!
    [/quote]

OMG - how has no one quoted this yet? LOVE!!!

I try to stick to the all natural kind, but my hubby insists on low fat - to mean that just means more sugar.

edited to say - apparently I haven't figured out how to get the quote in the Quote box.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Just gonna leave this here...

chocopeanutbutter.jpg
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options

chocopeanutbutter.jpg

Ohhhhhh yummy
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh it, no. But I usually don't eat any other nuts.
    I tried calorie counting but I didn't know if 1600 that I'd set were the right amount of calories for me, so I went back to eating whenever I'm hungry.

Not sure how you would determine that it is the PB that is the problem if you don't track any of your foods.
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options

chocopeanutbutter.jpg

That's exactly the kind of gratuitous PB action I was looking for. Oh, yeah!
  • DesireeLovesOrganic
    DesireeLovesOrganic Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I usually eat 2-4 tablespoons a day too (organic full calorie PB) but I count it in my calories and it doesn't cause me to gain. It shouldn't be a problem if you account for it (I go way over on my "fat" everyday according to MFP, I am a vegan and eat lots of nuts, avocado, etc.)

For dessert I sometimes put half a tablespoon on a piece of 85% dark chocolate. Yum!
  • shelbygt350h
    Options
    PB2 powdered peanut butter only !! Less calories & without the oil...better for weight loss...but I still wouldn't eat it every day if you want to lose weight.
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh it, no. But I usually don't eat any other nuts.
    I tried calorie counting but I didn't know if 1600 that I'd set were the right amount of calories for me, so I went back to eating whenever I'm hungry.

You might want to log for awhile and track your gains/losses. The problem in using your appetite as a guide is that we ( me for sure!) may have a problem knowing the difference between wanting more and being hungry. They are not the same but many of us interpret the same way and so eat! Plus as someone else mentioned you can eat lots of calories in calorie dense food and still be hungry, or the opposite--fill up quickly on lo cal foods. So you've gotta look at the numbers at least until you get a good feel for what your body really needs.
  • IIISpartacusIII
    IIISpartacusIII Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter can get you ripped. It's the buttery peanutness! I use some in my oatmeal every day and in protein drinks. Say YES to "the way of the peanut"!
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I probably eat just as much and I'm maintaining and even brought my body fat down to 18%!
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    I eat a banana with peanut butter nearly everyday. For me it's enough to satiate my appetite for peanut butter and I still lost about 2lbs/week when working out and eating properly.
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I will not tolerate any bad-mouthing of peanut butter. You're just eating too much food.

YES. THIS.

1 jar in less than a week is a lot of calories.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Two years ago I accidentally discovered a product called PB2. It is a powdered form of peanut butter with 85% less FAT calories than regular peanut butter. It is rich in flavor and I have not missed the original form of PB since. Hope this helps.:smile:

Ilovepeanutbutter.com >>>>>>>>>PB2 any day

PB2 is the shiz...

I agree...

...but only if you strike the word "the" from your statement.