Wow, Girl...U R looking BIGGER than last time I saw you!

Options
NewLIFEstyle4ME
NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
Yep, that what a old friend of mine said to me when I went for my 2+ mile walk around the lake this evening...I haven't seen her in a couple of years...she said, girl your chin area is looking much bigger than the last time I saw you!
:noway: :indifferent: :embarassed: :noway:

You know what I told her?

I told her, yep...my chin, my gut and my butt, that's why I getting ready to hit the trail. Then I hugged her and say so long and hit the trail. I did 35 push-ups, 20 sit-ups (these are records for me) and if it wasn't getting dark, I'd have walked around that bad boy twice. All this to say, this is GOOD NEWS to me...not bad news, know why? Because I used her TRUTH about me to fuel my energy and I walked around that lake like it was FIRE behind me. I just wrote today on someone's thread:

A "wound" from a friend is better than kisses from an enemy and it is! So, I'm going to keep my old friends words in my heart and kick the !@#$%^& out of this flab of mine and make it CRY more and more until it's gone! That's an NSV for sure!

Replies

• kaylindeschanel
    kaylindeschanel Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    A wound from a friend is better than kisses from an enemy.
    Love that.

Your ability to convert negativism is inspiring. I wish you the best of luck and feel free to friend request me! It would be an honor to support you through this journey.
  • Rabbit914
    Rabbit914 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    That is a true success story when you can take something negative and turn it into a positive instead of feeling sorry for yourself and leaving the park you battled it to the end. Awesome for you and good luck on your journey. With that attitude, I know you will be successful in all of your goals.
  • sleepy11
    sleepy11 Posts: 23
    Options
    You are awesome! Way to turn a negative into a positive. You are n inspiration.
  • ButterflyKristen
    ButterflyKristen Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Wow. That's great that you let her rude comment inspire you. Were I you, I'd have a little talk with that friend and thank her, then ask her to be a little more tactful next time she wants to drop some truth in your lap. It seems she only cares about how you look, not about your feelings. But that's just me.
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Yep, that what a old friend of mine said to me when I went for my 2+ mile walk around the lake this evening...I haven't seen her in a couple of years...she said, girl your chin area is looking much bigger than the last time I saw you!

I told her, yep...my chin, my gut and my butt, that's why I getting ready to hit the trail. Then I hugged her and say so long and hit the trail. I did 35 push-ups, 20 sit-ups (these are records for me) and if it wasn't getting dark, I'd have walked around that bad boy twice. All this to say, this is GOOD NEWS to me...not bad news, know why? Because I used her TRUTH about me to fuel my energy and I walked around that lake like it was FIRE behind me. I just wrote today on someone's thread:

A "wound" from a friend is better than kisses from an enemy and it is! So, I'm going to keep my old friends words in my heart and kick the !@#$%^& out of this flab of mine and make it CRY more and more until it's gone! That's an NSV for sure!

I need to adopt this type of attitude because honey chile....if that was me!....IDK what I would have said because her comments were RUDE. Glad you turned it into inspiration.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Wow. That's great that you let her rude comment inspire you. Were I you, I'd have a little talk with that friend and thank her, then ask her to be a little more tactful next time she wants to drop some truth in your lap. It seems she only cares about how you look, not about your feelings. But that's just me.

Ya know, I didn't really even think about the "rudeness" aspect, because I was too busy being SHOCKED outta my mind, because here I am, thinking I'm looking pretty dang good or at the VERY least, looking better (slimmer) and then KA-POW---OOFFF--OWWW! :sick: When she said my chin area is looking bigger--that humbled the mess outta me. I've actually been doing a lot of these weird face exercises lately (to get rid of my chin/neck flab)and thought I was doing something--I thought it was looking better...:embarassed:

I was tempted to feel sorry for myself (only for a split second though), because just as I was considering entertaining a "tude" the thought of what I said to someone else earlier today on this forum (A Wound from a friend is better than kisses from an enemy) came IMMEDIATELY to my heart and mind, and thought about that--humbled me some more and I'm GLAD :laugh: :ohwell: :happy:

Like I said, I haven't seen her in quite sometime and frankly what she said is true...Nope, I don't like it (but too bad)- she was a old friend who I haven't seen in ages, and I most earnestly am going to take her bold words and use it to whip up on my fat and flab until this junk is GONE...it's ON now baby--even more so than before, not with her, but with my chin, gut and butt :angry: :wink: :drinker:
  • LadyThanata
    LadyThanata Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    All I keep thinking is " What a B-I-T-C-H".

Congrats on not knocking her out! Congrats on not lowering yourself to her level.

:)
  • dancindoc508
    dancindoc508 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Some people are just rude or they are so unhappy with themselves that they need to project it onto others. It's sad when those people claim to be your friends, but I tend to be the nicest to people like that. It bugs then even more!:) Great job using her negativity as inspiration:)
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    What a great attitude you have!

I'm looking forward to the day you run into her again & she blurts out, "Wow, Girl...U R looking A LOT SMALLER than last time I saw you!"

Because with your mindset you are going to succeed!
  • BluePHX
    BluePHX Posts: 184 Member
    Options

Girl, you are on FIRE! You're doin' it right! Use that pain to push you harder! You're gonna be one of the complete 180's who winds up ripped as *kitten* running a marathon. I can tell. :) You got the drive. Work it!!
  • Italiano7
    Italiano7 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! :drinker:
  • mmcqueen927
    mmcqueen927 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a great attitude. I love the saying, I hope I remember it. Good luck to you on your weightloss journey. You are inspiring!!!!!
  • HealthyHoney30
    HealthyHoney30 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I would not have handled that well.
  • WeightHacker
    WeightHacker Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    with that attitude and that great mind set. you will make it happen. im so happy for you :D. you can do this!
  • adriennewx
    adriennewx Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    it would have took me all my willpower not to smack her in the face. that is so rude! go you though... :)
  • Momof52010
    Momof52010 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Way to turn a negative into a positive. What a great attitude! Keep up the good work. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • Fit147
    Fit147 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    When you are slim and looking hot, be sure to return the 'favor' to her some day when her butt is looking wide.

Good for you not letting others bring you down. You know who you are inside - the power and strength. That is what gets you to your goals in life.
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    What a RUDE person! Good for you for taking it the way you did! :)
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    My response would have been 'wow you're so much ruder than I remember!' but well done you for turning it into a positive.
  • Shani_Shoo
    Shani_Shoo Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You have a great perspective on life. You should be extremely proud of how you handled that. You certainly used it to your advantage. Depending on my hormones, I probably would have come on here to talk to my friends or eaten whatever I felt like at the time and felt sick and guilty about it later.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!