I've lost over 20lbs and and still wearing the same jeans?

Options

Replies

• SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I guess I am lucky, but I lost my first dress size at about 15 pounds lost (I went from 18 to 16) , and then I lost another dress size at around 25 pounds lost ( I went from size 16-14,) and now I am comfortable in size 12 in a lot of brands of jeans at 35 pounds down.
  • auteurfille22
    auteurfille22 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Well, I haven't lost that much, but from my own experience here's what I've concluded:
    1. The jeans I originally wore were WAY too tight. I just insisted on wearing them because I could not face going up from a 14 to a 16. That's something I regret now, because in old pictures it was so obvious how tight they were and they really just accentuated my shape in an unflattering way when a 16 would probably have suited me better anyway, and now I don't get the gratification of dropping a size. I'm wearing the same size 14 jeans but they're much looser and actually fit properly now :)
    2. I don't lose weight first around my butt/thighs. I've lost more around my waist, so in shirt sizes I've gone from a Large to a Medium (yay!), but no change in pants.
    3. Who cares about sizes? The only person who knows what size jeans you are wearing is YOU. If you look good in them that's all that matters and that's all that other people see - not the tag on the inside.
  • Dulcemami4ever
    Dulcemami4ever Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I think it all depends on where you lose weight as well. Unfortunately the body sometimes starts with other body parts. I have lost 35 lbs and I started off with really tight skinny jeans that I could barely breathe in. Now they are useless to me because they look like baggy hobo pants. Don't worry it will come!!
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Happened to me too. I was wearing mine (way) too tight when I started and too baggy before I went down a size.

And more than once, my coworkers/friends had to tell me I was wearing them too baggy. Guess I'm not a good judge of that.

But, hey, at least I saved a couple of bucks.
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    These days many brands of jeans have spandex in them. It's nuts how many pounds one can gain or lose and still wear the same size. Back when jeans were not routinely spandex spiked it would be about 15 pounds per jeans size change for me. Now it can easily be twice that.

No biggie. The weight loss is still happening. :flowerforyou:
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Maybe it depends on how much excersise you get, I work out everyday. I am always moving. So I lose inches and sizes fast, I am very evenly built. I don't have much of a waist, pretty straight up and down.
  • Kst76
    Options
    These days many brands of jeans have spandex in them. It's nuts how many pounds one can gain or lose and still wear the same size. Back when jeans were not routinely spandex spiked it would be about 15 pounds per jeans size change for me. Now it can easily be twice that.

No biggie. The weight loss is still happening. :flowerforyou:

I know. I thought it was 10 pounds per jean size. lol. I used to have a pair of old 501's, no stretch of course. If you gained weigth those jeans were just too small. It only took a about 10 pounds.
  • Kst76
    Options
    Happened to me too. I was wearing mine (way) too tight when I started and too baggy before I went down a size.

And more than once, my coworkers/friends had to tell me I was wearing them too baggy. Guess I'm not a good judge of that.

But, hey, at least I saved a couple of bucks.

They probably were too baggy. That is very common I think that people who lose weight wear close too baggy because they think that the clothes fit them better than they did before when they were too tight.
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    You can also drop sizes without losing a single pound...and you can even gain weight and drop a size. It all depends on what that weight is composed of.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    From 174--> 155 I pretty much wore the same size. I just gave up being disappointed with it and wore stretchy pants until I hit 148 and lower. Now I wear jeans again. The sizes are dropping quicker now. It went something like this.

174 - Size 13 (tightttttttttt)
    150 - Size 11
    138 - Size 9

I want to be a comfortable size 7 again which is when I felt the best. I'm 136 now. I'm thinking it's about 10 pounds away.
  • Bunya123
    Bunya123 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I feel much better having read all these posts. I have lost 14 pounds on MFP and 26 pounds prior and I'm still wearing the same size. I am fearful of just how terrible those pants must have looked when I was at my heaviest, but they're super comfy (and a little baggy) now.
  • Agate69
    Agate69 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    At the start, 25 pounds was down one size
    Now after 100+ loss 2-5 pounds can mean a size, depending on the brand of jeans. My shirt size can go from a med to a 1x. Again depending on style and brand.
    Did lose 1-2 shoe sizes.
    Still losing ring and bracelet sizes

I thought being thinner would be easier, but not always. Now not only do i ask, does it fit, can i afford it, but. Do i look good in it. It may fit, be affordable and look terrible. It was much Much easier to shop tent and awning and try to find one that was big enough
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I have lost 52 pounds and only dropped one pant size.. its frustrating, apparently i lost in my stomach, arms, breast and face... guess im stuck with butt and thighs forever.... great job on the 26 pound loss thats awesome!
  • lovemitch125
    lovemitch125 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I've lost 33 lbs and only down from a size 13 to an 11 BUT i CAN fit in a 7 according to my mother's jeans which is nice to know. And my 13s were too small and my 11s need a belt. I'm not frustrated just because I've been watching my belt. I started at the last whole on it, now I need to use my belt that has wholes all the way around it, so I don't have to buy a new one XD. Plus I've lost 4 inches around my boobs and inches basically everywhere esp my legs, so I'm quite happy still being a big pant size if I look and feel smaller overall :) It's okayy, it'll go down.
  • dawnj87
    dawnj87 Posts: 98 Member
    Options

Ugh! I don't wanna lose any "Boobs" or "butt" and it looks like that's exactly where its leaving :sad:
  • fit4me27
    fit4me27 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Tinak33: That is exactly the problem I have. Do you mind if I ask what kind of lifting you do? Might be helpful since it sounds like we have similar body types. Congratulations on the medium! :-)
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I'm down 47 pounds and I started out at a tight 22/loose 24. I just now fit into 18's this weekend. I feel like doing a dance because I didn't think it would EVER come!

It'll happen for you, OP. I think if you're like me, with more to lose, that it takes longer for it to kick into gear sometimes. And I know some people hate the body shape thing but I think that makes a huge difference too!

Keep rocking it out! :flowerforyou:
  • marinachan83
    Options
    Be kind to yourself. Your body needs a little time to pull back in. It took me a good 4yrs before my skin tightened up and I looked better. I had a baby recently spent most of the time too sick to be active now I'm paying for it.

Depending on how large you were when you started results can take more time. People who were in fair shape to start off with generally have a much easier time dropping sizes than those of us on the obese end of it :( It's not fair but just persevere through it. You'll see the results keep working at it! :)
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Took me ages to get one size smaller....in leggings.

Perhaps the fat isn't moving from that area yet. Give it time.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Don't hate me. But, I had been dieting for about 6 month's before I actually knew I was dieting. I lost at least 20 lbs before I knew it and that is only because I fit into some pants that I hadn't fit before. So, anyway now at around 40 lbs I still haven't gone down another size. I am thinking it's going to take another 10 lbs so that's like 60 lbs to lose 2 sizes.