Insanity spam

Options
124»

Replies

• Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    yea ......where is the popcorn smiley when you need it .....

smileypopcorneating.gif
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Report them or just delete and move on...simple solutions, no need to get yourself all in a tiz.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    lol I'm doing Insanity with a bad knee and I have had no problem so I find this interesting. Anyone who disagrees with the OP gets told they missed the point haha
    How will Insanity ruin your body? How do you not like it when you haven't tried it?
    A workout with the people struggling shows that it's not fake and clipped together, they are actually feeling the burn. Makes me feel like they are feeling it like i'm feeling it.

If you have an issue with spammers report them or complain about spammers don't start bashing a program you haven't tried.

I don't care who DISAGREES. But to make personal attacks and insults is absurd. That is what the problem is. And actually, the original post is about the spam, not the work out. The details that followed were going into the harassment you get from the ones who post bait threads and them send PM's to peddle their wares. I have blocked and blocked and blocked these people. They are a dime a dozen just like any other spammer. It is one thing to make an honest and upright effort to sell your goods, it is another to send harassing messages and insult the person who attempted to politely decline the offer. The trouble is, you never know what your getting until you open the message. The subject line is not always an indicator of content. The ones who came in here trying to skewer me for not getting into what they like are the instigators of hostility. I only gave my opinion here, I did not attack anyone until they came at me first. Telling me I am making excuses because I do a different workout? Really. Let's all try to get out of the third grade mentality. This is supposed to be a helpful forum, not what it gets turned into by the arrogant and self righteous.
    FURTHER, I know my body. I have a knee that is not up for this kind of exercise. So bring all the "I have a bad knee and I do this work out". Who cares? Unless you live in MY body and know what I have going on with MY knee, you can't say we have the same problem. Not all knee problems are created equal. There can be more than one kind of problem and problems of varying severity. People came to attack and for no other reason.

You are actually quiet sensitive,. You said in your original post that you didn't want to ruin your body doing Insanity. That comment is what opened the flood gates. Those of us who do it and like it don't feel as if we are 'ruining' our bodies. Quite the opposite. We are becoming toned, buffed beasts. (at least that's how I feel). When you post on an open forum you really have to be prepared for the comments. Put your big girl panties on and knock it down a notch. :flowerforyou:
    Nope. I'm not "quite sensitive". Again, just reiterating my point. But really, to those who think they are somehow above the rest of us, speaking ones mind can be disturbing. Carry on.
  • AztecKermit
    AztecKermit Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing those links. :D
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    lol I'm doing Insanity with a bad knee and I have had no problem so I find this interesting. Anyone who disagrees with the OP gets told they missed the point haha
    If you have an issue with spammers report them or complain about spammers don't start bashing a program you haven't tried.
    "So bring all the "I have a bad knee and I do this work out". Who cares?"
    I could ask the same about your OP but I'm not a sensitive, angry, miserable person.
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I could ask the same about your OP but I'm not a sensitive, angry, miserable person.

^ This
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    MagicalLeopleurodon Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    The coaches are vultures. always be wary.
    Options
    :yawn: This is still going on?

Yes. Of course it is. I blame myself actually. I make it a point to never argue with anyone in the forums. But I kind of feel compelled here.
    Options

^ This

Angry? Sensitive? Miserable? WOW. Just wow. I hope you can get over yourself. I like how you edited what I actually said to make it look like a totally different comment. Way to go. You would make a great politician.
    What I actually said was:
    "FURTHER, I know my body. I have a knee that is not up for this kind of exercise. So bring all the "I have a bad knee and I do this work out". Who cares? Unless you live in MY body and know what I have going on with MY knee, you can't say we have the same problem. Not all knee problems are created equal. There can be more than one kind of problem and problems of varying severity. People came to attack and for no other reason."
    If you are going to jump on the dogpile, you better at least get it right.
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Yes. It's freaking annoying. I mean I may be Interested in insanity, but I'm not going to buy from someone who's trolling thru message boards and spamming folks.
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options

Yes. Of course it is. I blame myself actually. I make it a point to never argue with anyone in the forums. But I kind of feel compelled here.

It's it hard not to??? It makes you crazy and you don't want to give in but you do it anyway. I totally understand. This is why I have to take breaks from the message boards occasionally.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Just so much butthurtness on both sides of this argument...
    Options

It's it hard not to??? It makes you crazy and you don't want to give in but you do it anyway. I totally understand. This is why I have to take breaks from the message boards occasionally.

I generally have no problem walking away. I guess since I am the one who started the thread I would feel like a bad hostess for leaving my own party! :drinker: